U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-20-2011, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,937,493 times
Reputation: 27520

Advertisements

Seems Hillary wasn't very strong in the position. By design or by chance ?
Who knows. Obama seemed to lead the headlines of foreign happenings while Hillary was shown visiting some foreign hospital or school.

Hillary sure wasn't the next Condi and I thought she would be as she seems to be a strong woman, not afraid to say what's on her mind (from her stint as NY politician).

I'm glad she's announced she's out. She can do better than what they gave her.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-22-2011, 12:35 PM
 
9,857 posts, read 6,738,725 times
Reputation: 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Seems Hillary wasn't very strong in the position. By design or by chance ?
Who knows. Obama seemed to lead the headlines of foreign happenings while Hillary was shown visiting some foreign hospital or school.

Hillary sure wasn't the next Condi and I thought she would be as she seems to be a strong woman, not afraid to say what's on her mind (from her stint as NY politician).

I'm glad she's announced she's out. She can do better than what they gave her.
I think she and her husband are better off spending their wealth than doing too much in politics. The Democrat machine turned against them in 2008.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 12:43 PM
 
2,086 posts, read 2,103,920 times
Reputation: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Since you love war so much, take your guns and buy a flight into North Africa, make your way across the Libyan border, and assist the Rebels. Let us know how it went...and i wish you success.

Me personally, i've never been so happy about indecision from a president, if that's what it really is.

Still amazed that there are American citizens who want us involved in yet another conflict in a Muslim/Arab nation when we can't even manage the 2 wars we're already in. SMH...
You find nothing wrong with what Obama is doing. It drives me insane that you support a "leader" that has no idea what he's doing. If we are going to get into a war, then at least have a plan. He has no goal, no end game, at this point, he is just contributing to the chaos.
We need a good reason to go to war. You can;t just go in, drop some bombs, and they say "I'm not in charge, I'll let another country take it from here"
You can't do that, but we know that Obama has more on his plate. He has to kiss the arse of Brazil, and golf some more.
This man just fails at every turn.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 12:45 PM
 
9,857 posts, read 6,738,725 times
Reputation: 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
You find nothing wrong with what Obama is doing. It drives me insane that you support a "leader" that has no idea what he's doing. If we are going to get into a war, then at least have a plan. He has no goal, no end game, at this point, he is just contributing to the chaos.
We need a good reason to go to war. You can;t just go in, drop some bombs, and they say "I'm not in charge, I'll let another country take it from here"
You can't do that, but we know that Obama has more on his plate. He has to kiss the arse of Brazil, and golf some more.
This man just fails at every turn.
I wish he would have followed the Constitution and went to Congress first.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,366 posts, read 79,558,446 times
Reputation: 38690
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Since you love war so much, take your guns and buy a flight into North Africa, make your way across the Libyan border, and assist the Rebels. Let us know how it went...and i wish you success.

Me personally, i've never been so happy about indecision from a president, if that's what it really is.

Still amazed that there are American citizens who want us involved in yet another conflict in a Muslim/Arab nation when we can't even manage the 2 wars we're already in. SMH...
what does Clintons comments or this posting have to do with how any of us feel about war? The point being made: our Pres can't make up his mind, he doesn't have a clue what he is doing or should do. That is Clinton's point and the posters point as well.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Annandale, VA
9,456 posts, read 7,609,479 times
Reputation: 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Since you love war so much, take your guns and buy a flight into North Africa, make your way across the Libyan border, and assist the Rebels. Let us know how it went...and i wish you success.

Me personally, i've never been so happy about indecision from a president, if that's what it really is.

Still amazed that there are American citizens who want us involved in yet another conflict in a Muslim/Arab nation when we can't even manage the 2 wars we're already in. SMH...
What we don't like is the INDECISION to either participate or not. Barry should have stated the US policy from DAY ONE, not after his "glorified housewife" Sec of State was hung out to dry.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Annandale, VA
9,456 posts, read 7,609,479 times
Reputation: 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what does Clintons comments or this posting have to do with how any of us feel about war? The point being made: our Pres can't make up his mind, he doesn't have a clue what he is doing or should do. That is Clinton's point and the posters point as well.


Barry was looking for the "present" option.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 14,746,202 times
Reputation: 4583
I think the Pres is returning sooner than originally thought. Perhaps tomorrow, we may hear about the Libya action, turn over of lead.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,705 posts, read 14,827,996 times
Reputation: 3846
The Sec of State not serving more than one term is nothing new. Most serve just one term. You need to go back to George Shultz (Reagan's 2nd Sec of State) to find someone that served more than one term, and Dean Rusk under Kennedy & LBJ to find a SOS that served two full terms.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top