U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:18 PM
 
2,413 posts, read 2,562,415 times
Reputation: 2030

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
My cousin lives near Sandra.

She said Sandra is VERY friendly.

She walks her dog in the AM many times while she is still in her house coat.

LMAO! Yeah and you're cousin isn't married to her. And how do we know your cousin isn't a snooty uppity snob? Afterall birds of a feather flock together!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:18 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,283,023 times
Reputation: 11428
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
So why doesn't Sandra donate a million bucks to the local LA soup kitchen or homeless shelter? Or has she and that hasn't made news? It's funny there is so much poverty surrounding tinsel town.
First she does not live in "tinsel town".

How do you know she did not donate to those places???
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:24 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 35,883,594 times
Reputation: 12719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
.......... All I am saying is that there are lots of people who would need that help much more urgently than the Japanese...
More urgently in need? Really? People in Japan are starving on a 1/2 ration of a single ball of rice smaller than a golf ball per day while in hospitals over there be they patients or physicians. Take a moment to consider those not fortunate to reach a hospital to even get that small ration.

You can add hypothermia, dehydration and starvation to the long list of what people in the Northern part of Japan have already endured via the quake and tsunami along with the increasing radiation danger and minimize their need for urgent help? Seriously?

Despicable!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:24 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,283,023 times
Reputation: 11428
I think she did a wonderful thing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:25 PM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,662,808 times
Reputation: 14471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Good to see the "evil rich" putting their money out there to help others.
Sarcasm...i get it.

But of course, if she comes out and supports a liberal candidate in some election or spouts a liberal view on some show, you'll claim that she's an idiot and should shut the hell up.

In any case...good for her. She seems like a kind hearted person.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,080,848 times
Reputation: 11273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I agree that it is better to help someone than not at all. All I am saying is that there are lots of people who would need that help much more urgently than the Japanese...
Who, like you?
You don't get to determine what other people do with their money.
You get to determine if/where you want to give money.

Can't resist a dig against someone doing a good deed, can you?
This may be one of the most petty posts of the day.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,080,848 times
Reputation: 11273
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
So why doesn't Sandra donate a million bucks to the local LA soup kitchen or homeless shelter? Or has she and that hasn't made news? It's funny there is so much poverty surrounding tinsel town.
A. How do you know she doesn't?
B. What do you donate to? (I know, nothing)
C. It's really not your business what anyone does with the money that they earn.
D. Jealousy and contempt seem to be the hallmarks of your posts.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:32 PM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
19,865 posts, read 18,333,697 times
Reputation: 7965
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
More urgently in need? Really? People in Japan are starving on a 1/2 ration of a single ball of rice smaller than a golf ball per day while in hospitals over there be they patients or physicians. Take a moment to consider those not fortunate to reach a hospital to even get that small ration.

You can add hypothermia, dehydration and starvation to the long list of what people in the Northern part of Japan have already endured via the quake and tsunami along with the increasing radiation danger and minimize their need for urgent help? Seriously?

Despicable!

The Japanese can help themselves. Japan only has a logistics problem, getting the stuff where it is needed is a problem, not lacking stuff.
It may not be as spectacular, but the Haitians and others need help more urgently, yes.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:33 PM
 
2,413 posts, read 2,562,415 times
Reputation: 2030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
First she does not live in "tinsel town".

How do you know she did not donate to those places???

Ooops sorry I forgot she lives in Austin right? Then she should give a million bucks to the middle class hardworking American border patrol agents that keep her lilly ass safe at night from the civil war south of her precious little million dollar home.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:34 PM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
19,865 posts, read 18,333,697 times
Reputation: 7965
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Who, like you?
You don't get to determine what other people do with their money.
You get to determine if/where you want to give money.

Can't resist a dig against someone doing a good deed, can you?
This may be one of the most petty posts of the day.
Wrong approach. I am not determining who she donates her money to, I am not even trying to. All I am doing is commenting on news...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top