Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 08:55 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

That's a lot of Catholics for the atheist, liberal America haters to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 09:13 PM

796 posts, read 1,162,344 times
English should be official language. Ban Spanish signs

Old 04-28-2013, 09:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; you say you're a Black dude. Even "Black" Hispanics have the rep of NOT admitting to being of Black family. That sure doesn't sound good for good race relations between Blacks and lighter skin Hispanic people. Like I said before: IF the US went "Hispanic"; people like me would be at the top with dark skin ones lower down in life.
LMAO...what? Don't make me laugh.

You ain't gonna be on top of sh*t. White people run this whole shebang right now, so why aren't YOU on top while the time is most optimal? Please...you're on the bottom now and if and when the Hispanics have more power, you'll remain there. If there was any chance of you being on top, you would've been there already. Gimme a damn break.

"People like me would be at the top." SMH...yea right.

As for me, if white people can't hold me down now, why would it stand to reason that a white guy with the Spanish surname could do it?

Like I said, I'm not worried. You are though, but that's your problem. I'm not getting in the middle of that.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:17 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
It is not a question. The US WILL be dominated by Hispanics.
The legitimate question is: how will this affect American culture and economy?
So far ALL Hispanic countries failed. All.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:37 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
English should be official language. Ban Spanish signs
1st Amendment. You need to ban that first

Old 04-28-2013, 09:40 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, why are you dwelling on the past and how things were done then? Times have changed and therefore our immigration laws have had to change. Why aren't you getting that?
Based on the law of averages, if Joe Schmo American asks why illegal aliens can't come to the United States like his ancestors did, conceptually they have. Most of the time (unless Black), they won't have any idea how their ancestors got here, but still want to attach labels like "legal" on it to make themselves feel better. I've researched my family history extensively (don't believe the stories passed down through generations, they're often wrong or misleading, go for the archived documents and apply some critical thinking), finding several passenger lists, but never any landing or immigration processing records.

Citizenship documents I have for ancestors and their families definitely show the residency requirements being ignored, and there wasn't even attempts made to conceal it. It was a local deal worked out with the presiding judge in the community, often the same national ancestry as the immigrant themselves. I can say it has no comparison to what a legal immigrant has to go through these days to naturalize.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
It is not a question. The US WILL be dominated by Hispanics.
The legitimate question is: how will this affect American culture and economy?
So far ALL Hispanic countries failed. All.
That's not even close to being true.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's not even close to being true.
Give me a counter example then.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:41 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
Interesting part is that it started OUT as a Hispanic country. Spain reached here in the 15th century, first serious English settlement in the 17th century. There was, at one time, a real possibility that the major ethnic group would be Hispanic. Imagine if the Sephardic Jews had fled here instead of places east of Spain. Think how different our culture might be.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Interesting part is that it started OUT as a Hispanic country. Spain reached here in the 15th century, first serious English settlement in the 17th century. There was, at one time, a real possibility that the major ethnic group would be Hispanic. Imagine if the Sephardic Jews had fled here instead of places east of Spain. Think how different our culture might be.
Spaniards don't perform genocide. Anglos do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies