Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 06:28 PM

62,727 posts, read 28,935,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
WHICH tribe of Indians? They had their share of nasty wars with out and out murder, theft and so on before 1492. Why give them a pass in 2013 yet a "white" person did something bad in 1550 people are still up on arms over it. The ONLY reason there are Indians now to complain is because "we" allowed the defeated tribes to live.
The only ones complaining are the whiney Mestizo Mexicans whose ancestral tribes weren't even indigenous to this country. Their tribes settled south of us. The descendants of the tribes who were indigenous to this country are full fledged U.S. citizen and I don't hear them whining about the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 06:31 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,538,788 times
Hispanics aren't the "problem"! Illegal Immigration is. So you want to complain you have your Reps in Congress to complain too.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:32 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,835,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Good Lord..you have to go back that far to argue your point ?

Ellis Island was the legal route then.
Ellis Island opened in 1891, decades after the largest waves of Irish and Germans came in (all of my ancestral lines came before that, even the Poles and Danes). Largely it was a reaction to Eastern and Southern Europeans starting to come, with their Catholic religions, being viewed as less-desirable immigrants that needed regulation. When it came down to citizenship (which was more sought after for land ownership abilities than voting), local German-ancestry judges were inclined to sign off on their countrymen before they reached the required amount of residency or conditions.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Whites are at the top of the pecking order in the US.
So what? Since this country was formed we have always had a majority white population. Is there something wrong with that? Do you also object to China having a majority Asian population? Me thinks not and I know why. Only dominantly white countries are demonized for being so by people like you.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:37 PM

1,127 posts, read 902,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So what? Since this country was formed we have always had a majority white population. Is there something wrong with that? Do you also object to China having a majority Asian population? Me thinks not and I know why. Only dominantly white countries are demonized for being so by people like you.
Take it up with the other member who claimed it wasn't the case, I'm just pointing out the obvious or not so obvious.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:38 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,452,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
I personally know of hispanic women who had 16 kids living in a 2 bedroom house. They aint the duggars considering 1/2 these kids are dropouts or have been expelled and few of them are in jail. Disgusting is what it is. The hispanic population is exploding thanks to ***** like this and illegal immigration and its tearing our country down.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:40 PM

1,127 posts, read 902,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
It's narcissistic to bump your own posts.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:44 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,452,185 times
Quote:
lol Im always last post on the page but I want people to read it

Old 04-28-2013, 07:42 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,835,771 times
Quote:
It's also specifically discouraged in the ToS: "Do not post in your thread ("bumping" it) just to have it appear on the top of the forum."...

Old 04-28-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Ellis Island opened in 1891, decades after the largest waves of Irish and Germans came in (all of my ancestral lines came before that, even the Poles and Danes). Largely it was a reaction to Eastern and Southern Europeans starting to come, with their Catholic religions, being viewed as less-desirable immigrants that needed regulation. When it came down to citizenship (which was more sought after for land ownership abilities than voting), local German-ancestry judges were inclined to sign off on their countrymen before they reached the required amount of residency or conditions.
So how things were done in the past aren't done the same way today. Your point is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies