Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:22 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,199,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Bwahaha! Funny.

Copernicus had two things going for him that Coulter doesn't:
  • He was an actual scientist who knew what he was talking about, and
  • - he was right.
Ann Coulter is a court jester.

except i wasn't comparing coulter to copernicus, because in this case, coulter's simply the messenger! your royal highness obviously nfailed to spot that.

the message is coming from a host of nuclear physicists who might well be compared to copernicus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 11:23 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,212,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
It blows me away that so many people actually listen to Ann Coulter and take her seriously.
And the fact that so many who don't care for her think she has a huge Adam's Apple bothers me. Are you one of those?

Try reading her with an open mind just once and maybe you can see the humor in what she writes.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:44 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,199,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, that's just all sorts of silly. There's no solid evidence of radiation hormesis ever being observed in humans. There's ample evidence that serious dosage of ionizing radiation will kill you. Dead.

i don't think she suggested the evidence was solid, in fact she laid out what the evidence was. circumstantial? yes. worthy of a debate? also yes

Citing the radiation hormesis hypothesis after a nuclear crisis is as helpful as pointing out to flood victims that water is, in fact, necessary for survival. Except that we know water is necessary, while nobody has yet proven any benefit to radiation.

i agree with you, but perhaps coulter might have brought this up in response to hysteria in california

Who thought it would be a wasteland? Not any source I've read. People left due to the very real danger from the short-lived isotopes. No real reason to go back now. Particularly not as the sarcophagus enclosing the remains of the reactor is beginning to fail.

perhaps it wasn't mentioned in scientific journals but after the incident, that was the distinct impression left on the man in the street.

She's a professional troll, angling for attention. A lecture on the hormesis hypothesis is not really useful right now. But she got us talking about her, so score one for Ann.
i would agree with you on this, but sometimes trolls in search of attention can start a debate. i always believe that there are many ways of looking at something and i don't see any harm in discussion

Old 03-19-2011, 01:03 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,991,465 times
Default The Stuffs "Good For You" ... "Don't Worry Be Happy" ... Sincerely Annie !

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Coulter states on "O'Reilly Factor" that radiation is good for you according to "scientists". She even dismisses him stating that radiation can be deadly.

Ann Coulter: Radiation Is 'Good For You' (VIDEO)

O'Reilly even starts the mocking after she stated this, making it even funnier.
"So by your account we should all be heading towards the nuclear reactor"

I for one would be willing to start a collection to fly her out to the reactor core to see if she would put her butt where her mouth is.
subsound !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... another example of a pathetic & clueless media twit !

Unfortunately for the good folks in the States ... These bloody media muppets are absolutely crawling out of the woodwork !

The bonkers crew that believes this about radiation are ready for the padded party room without a doubt mates !

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 03-19-2011, 01:05 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,216,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
subsound !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... another example of a pathetic & clueless media twit !

Unfortunately for the good folks in the States ... These bloody media muppets are absolutely crawling out of the woodwork !

The bonkers crew that believes this about radiation are ready for the padded party room without a doubt mates !

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar
That's what happens when you wash down your radiation with a little Koch.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:06 PM

36,644 posts, read 67,332,308 times
Coulter needs to bottle radiation and send it to all her friends as Christmas gifts.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:08 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Bill O'Reilly himself thought she was wrong. Not that he's a scientist, either. Japan has, shall we say, a "history" of experience with nuclear radiation. They know what it's all about. Ann has been safely ensconsed here in the US where she hasn't had to think about all that. She'll probably soon make some snarky comment about these "whining Japanese", just like she said of the 9/11 wives.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:24 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,160,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Coulter states on "O'Reilly Factor" that radiation is good for you according to "scientists". She even dismisses him stating that radiation can be deadly.

Ann Coulter: Radiation Is 'Good For You' (VIDEO)

O'Reilly even starts the mocking after she stated this, making it even funnier.
"So by your account we should all be heading towards the nuclear reactor"

I for one would be willing to start a collection to fly her out to the reactor core to see if she would put her butt where her mouth is.
If only we could bottle the radiation and sell it over the counter.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:53 PM

24,496 posts, read 33,233,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No one on this thread has expressed a desire for AC to die.
Check out post #6 ("Let's drop her from a helicopter").

Old 03-19-2011, 02:13 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,462,712 times
Well Bill missed a golden opportunity. When Ann said there is a growing body he should have immediately jumped in and said yes its called a tumor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies