Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 06:04 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Are we to understand that you suspect the Hawaiian office of vital statistics to have changed the birthplace information on the COLB? Because that is the only pertinent piece of data.
Isn't that why Donald Trump is pushing for an investigation?

Old 04-08-2011, 06:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
List Of Records Obama Refuses To Release

Actual long-form birth certificate (NOT an easily-forged electronic copy of a short-form document that is not even officially accepted in Hawaii)
Passport files
University of Chicago Law School scholarly articles
Harvard Law Review articles
Harvard Law School records
Columbia University records
Columbia University senior thesis, “Soviet Nuclear Disarmament”
Occidental College records, including financial aid that he may have received
Punahou School records, where Mr. Obama attended from the fifth grade until he finished high school
Noelani Elementary School records, where Barack Obama attended kindergarten (according to the Hawaii Department of Education, students must submit a birth certificate to register — but parents may bring a passport or student visa if the child is from a foreign country)[/b]
Complete files and schedules of his years as an Illinois state senator from 1997 to 2004
Obama’s client list from during his time in private practice with the Chicago law firm of Davis, Miner, Barnhill and Gallard
Illinois State Bar Association records
Baptism records
Obama/Dunham marriage license
Obama/Dunham divorce documents
Soetoro/Dunham marriage license
Soetero/Dunham Adoption records
The non-issuance of the Occidental College records is especially pertinent. The United States Justice Foundation (USJF) served officials at Occidental College with a subpoena to produce records concerning Barack Obama’s attendance there during the 1980’s, because those records could document whether he was attending as a foreign national. Obama attended Occidental on a Fulbright scholarship — financial aid that is reserved for foreign students
It's time to come clean and release the records concerning the Fulbright Scholarship to begin with here
First of all, this is a cut and paste from an old email that has been going around for years. I have responded to it in the past.

What do you expect to learn from Obama's passport files? Oh, that's right, his birthplace.
University of Chicago articles-what is the expectation here? Please elucidate.
Harvard Law Review articles-if he wrote any, they should be availabel to anyone who subscribes to the Harvard Law Review. Why didn't the author of this stupid email just go to a library and look for them instead of expecting Obama to "release" them?
Harvard Law School records-protected by privacy acts. No other president has ever released such records. Bush and Kerry's undergraduate records were leaked.
Columbia University records: ditto
Occidental College records-ditto, plus, if Obama were really comitting a felony, do you not think this would have been investigated by now? I mean, this birther crap has gone on for years.
High school, elemenatry and kindergarten records-kindergarten for God's sake! Get a grip! Have any of you birthers ever registered a child for kindergarten? In the first place, I'd be willing to bet a BC wasn't even required in 1966; furthermore when we registered our kids, they just looked at the bc to see if the kid was the correct age. No one made copies, etc.
"Complete files from Illinois senate years"-just what is the information of interest. This stuff is a matter of public record, anyway.
Client list from private practice- uh, excuse me? This is confidential information. It is nobody's business.
Ill. State Bar Assn Records-again, what is the information of interest?
Baptism records-are you for real? What other pres. or candidate has released baptism records?
Parents' marriage licenses/divorce decrees/remarriage/re-divorce: Actually, this is factually untrue, as I have seen his mom's divorce decrees from Lolo Soetoro. And none of this is anyone else's business. Who has demanded to see any other presidential candidate's parents records?
Soetoro/Dunham adoption records-these do not exist b/c Lolo Soetoro never adopted Obama.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:49 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Here is a list of documents PBO refuses to release:

List Of Records Obama Refuses To Release | Right Soup
the birther list of demands for eligibility! let's take a look:

Actual long-form birth certificate (NOT an easily-forged electronic copy of a short-form document that is not even officially accepted in Hawaii)
under the "full faith and credit" clause of the constitution the hawaiian COLB is sufficient. to demand a "long-form" would be unconstitutional. also the COLB is accepted proof of birth for the US state department, hawaii and every other state.

Passport files
not a requirement, not a public document and not shown by the vast majority of presidents/presidential candidates, if any.

University of Chicago Law School scholarly articles
not a requirement, not a public document and not shown by the vast majority of presidents/presidential candidates, if any.

Harvard Law Review articles

Harvard Law School records

Columbia University records

Columbia University senior thesis, “Soviet Nuclear Disarmament”
not a requirement, not a public document and not shown by the vast majority of presidents/presidential candidates, if any. also unlikely to still exist according to obama's proffesor snopes.com: Barack Obama's Columbia University Thesis

Occidental College records, including financial aid that he may have received

Punahou School records, where Mr. Obama attended from the fifth grade until he finished high school

Noelani Elementary School records, where Barack Obama attended kindergarten (according to the Hawaii Department of Education, students must submit a birth certificate to register — but parents may bring a passport or student visa if the child is from a foreign country)
not a requirement, not a public document and not shown by the vast majority of presidents/presidential candidates, if any.also unlikely to still exist since elementary school records are usually kept for only 7 years.

Complete files and schedules of his years as an Illinois state senator from 1997 to 2004
exactly what public document hasn't been released?

Obama’s client list from during his time in private practice with the Chicago law firm of Davis, Miner, Barnhill and Gallard
violation of client/attorney privilege

Illinois State Bar Association records

Baptism records
unconstitional. creates a "religeous test" for an elected official to hold office.

Obama/Dunham marriage license
unsure if they ever filed for one

Obama/Dunham divorce documents

Soetoro/Dunham marriage license
is a public record

Soetero/Dunham Adoption record
no evidence an adoption ever took place

Old 04-08-2011, 06:55 PM

All of you who are absolutely sure that Obama is a US citizen should look forward to Trump saying that Obama is a US citizen.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:01 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
First of all, this is a cut and paste from an old email that has been going around for years. I have responded to it in the past.

What do you expect to learn from Obama's passport files? Oh, that's right, his birthplace.
University of Chicago articles-what is the expectation here? Please elucidate.
Harvard Law Review articles-if he wrote any, they should be availabel to anyone who subscribes to the Harvard Law Review. Why didn't the author of this stupid email just go to a library and look for them instead of expecting Obama to "release" them?
Harvard Law School records-protected by privacy acts. No other president has ever released such records. Bush and Kerry's undergraduate records were leaked.
Columbia University records: ditto
Occidental College records-ditto, plus, if Obama were really comitting a felony, do you not think this would have been investigated by now? I mean, this birther crap has gone on for years.
High school, elemenatry and kindergarten records-kindergarten for God's sake! Get a grip! Have any of you birthers ever registered a child for kindergarten? In the first place, I'd be willing to bet a BC wasn't even required in 1966; furthermore when we registered our kids, they just looked at the bc to see if the kid was the correct age. No one made copies, etc.
"Complete files from Illinois senate years"-just what is the information of interest. This stuff is a matter of public record, anyway.
Client list from private practice- uh, excuse me? This is confidential information. It is nobody's business.
Ill. State Bar Assn Records-again, what is the information of interest?
Baptism records-are you for real? What other pres. or candidate has released baptism records?
Parents' marriage licenses/divorce decrees/remarriage/re-divorce: Actually, this is factually untrue, as I have seen his mom's divorce decrees from Lolo Soetoro. And none of this is anyone else's business. Who has demanded to see any other presidential candidate's parents records?
Soetoro/Dunham adoption records-these do not exist b/c Lolo Soetoro never adopted Obama.

You know, ive said I think he was born here but at times its hard not to wonder. While I think everyone should have privacy, some records should be partially released if youre going to be the most powerful man in the country.

Call me crazy or whatever, but Im assuming he wasnt wealthy growing up right? How exactly did he pay for those schools? Honest question. I am not aware if they had the sort of funding for college for some back then as they do now.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:03 PM

The thing that makes me wonder is the amount of money Obama spent not to produce his birth certificate.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
You know, ive said I think he was born here but at times its hard not to wonder. While I think everyone should have privacy, some records should be partially released if youre going to be the most powerful man in the country.

Call me crazy or whatever, but Im assuming he wasnt wealthy growing up right? How exactly did he pay for those schools? Honest question. I am not aware if they had the sort of funding for college for some back then as they do now.
So then pass a law requiring some of these records be released. No other president/candidate has released 10% of what is requested in that cut and paste. I think his grandparents had a middle class income. DH and I paid for private college for our daughters on our middle class incomes. It depends on one's priorities. Obama did take out student loans for law school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The thing that makes me wonder is the amount of money Obama spent not to produce his birth certificate.
The think that makes me wonder is that people still believe this drek.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:50 PM

Of course people still doubt Obama's eligibility. I question the intelligence of those who do not.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:10 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Of course people still doubt Obama's eligibility. I question the intelligence of those who do not.
I guess that makes me dumb...

Old 04-08-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I guess that makes me dumb...
You are in charge of your self esteem. My post, like every post on this forum, is opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies