Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 09:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
in this, legal has nothing to do! if the hospital produces that birthcertificate even if it is not legal under the law I dont care. that would tell me, he was born there because they have a document, a history of his birth. its common sense I dont see how you dont get it. a document of his birth from a hospital I dont care if the government says its legal or not
That's hilarious!

All this time, people have been clamoring for this so-called "vault" certificate, and now the goalposts have changed and you want to see his "souvenir" cert? You don't even know if the hospital gave those out when Obama was born. Neither the hospital where my brother or I was born used souvenir BCs. There is no lenght to which you birthers will not go to "prove" Obama is not eligible for the presidency.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:05 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That's hilarious!

All this time, people have been clamoring for this so-called "vault" certificate, and now the goalposts have changed and you want to see his "souvenir" cert? You don't even know if the hospital gave those out when Obama was born. Neither the hospital where my brother or I was born used souvenir BCs. There is no lenght to which you birthers will not go to "prove" Obama is not eligible for the presidency.
Well then please post the hospital bill for your delivery, else-wise folks might think you are just a creation of the State.

Got a receipt?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:08 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Well then please post the hospital bill for your delivery, else-wise folks might think you are just a creation of the State.

Got a receipt?
A Pennsylvania COLB isn't sufficient? Funny, I got a passport with it.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:12 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Even if there was a video of President Obama's birth in Hawaii with the 12 Justices of the Supreme Court, the Queen of England, the Pope and Jesus Christ all standing around there as witnesses, the "Birthers" would still be hawing about this nonissue issue.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Birthers will be living in their fantasy world even after Obama has completed his second term as president. It's sad, really. I feel bad for them.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:18 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
in this, legal has nothing to do! if the hospital produces that birthcertificate even if it is not legal under the law I dont care. that would tell me, he was born there because they have a document, a history of his birth. its common sense I dont see how you dont get it.
because it's not common sense or a very good understanding of how births are recorded. hospitals do not bear the burden of maintaining vital records. that responsibility lies with the state department of health. laws are different from state to state but the general rule of thumb is that hospitals are only required to maintain OB/GYN records for a few years after the child reaches 18. whether the hospital maintains these records after that is completely up to the hospital. obviously this would not be a reliable source for identifying someone 35+.

as far as the souvenir copy goes........ not all hospitals supply them ( neither me or my daughter have one ) or are they restricted by any security measures or state standards. they hold the same legal/ID weight as a driver's license from a go-cart track.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
A Pennsylvania COLB isn't sufficient? Funny, I got a passport with it.
Your parents probably got your COLB from a scalper.

How would anyone KNOW without a signed receipt?

First, I got a bill of sale for my car - THEN - I got it registered.

Course, I'll be the first to admit, some of its parts don't look exactly, "factory".

Old 04-10-2011, 09:26 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
That's hilarious!

I have one and its from mexico. a hospital from mexico it would be unbelievable thaaaaaaaat an American hospital would not have such a procedure.I have all of my kids birthcetificates, that the hospital gave to us each time one of our kids was born,they even came with thier very own ss#!! and it would be very easy to find out if they pass out those souvenirs, back then. it is very easy to lead the blind but those of us that can see, not so easy!!

Old 04-10-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Your parents probably got your COLB from a scalper.

How would anyone KNOW without a signed receipt?

First, I got a bill of sale for my car - THEN - I got it registered.

Course, I'll be the first to admit, some of its parts don't look exactly, "factory".
Hell, I tipped the State, and now she has personalized plates.

"Cocaine" was already taken, so I had to settle for "Meth".

Old 04-10-2011, 09:46 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
I have one and its from mexico.!
that's nice.

i just posted how the US maintains birth records. if you have any contradictory evidence to that please post it.

as for the SS#...... they were not issued at the time of birth in the 60's. i didn't get mine till i got a newspaper route at 10 and some of my classmates didn't get one till applying to college at 17.

today they are released within a few days of birth. if you have not come up with a name for the child in that time the SSA will issue the number under the name "baby girl/boy (mother's maiden name)".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies