U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 05:57 PM

7,922 posts, read 7,620,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
No, a hospital would not provide you with a Birth Certificate, but they would provide you with a certification of live birth.

When we applied for my husband's immigration papers in London while at the interview I had to provide my long form birth certificate. They have a copy of it on record. They needed me to prove that I was really a USA citizen who was married to this British applicant. I also had to provide proof of divorce from my first husband. My son, who recently attended an interview in London with his fiance, also had to show his long form birth certificate.

What it comes down to is that peope who voted for Obama are terrified that they'll be made to look like fools, while those who didn't vote for him are concerned that a fraud sits in the White House.
In 2008, the Obama campaign released his birth certificate, certified by the Hawaii Department of Health, and posted a scanned image of it online. The posted certificate states that Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.[1] The certificate also states, "This copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding". Frequent arguments of those questioning Obama's eligibility are that he has not released a photocopy of his "original" or "long form" birth certificate, but rather a redacted "short form" version. It has also been claimed that the use of the term "certification of live birth" on the document means it is not equivalent to one's "birth certificate". These arguments have been debunked numerous times by media investigations,[13] every judicial forum that has addressed the matter, and Hawaiian government officials—a consensus of whom have concluded that the certificate released by the Obama campaign is indeed his official birth certificate.[14] Asked about this, Hawaiian Department of Health spokeswoman Janice Okubo stated that Hawaii "does not have a short-form or long-form certificate".[15] Moreover, the director of her Department has confirmed that the state "has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures".[16][17]

Old 04-10-2011, 05:57 PM

18,701 posts, read 14,816,085 times
Quote:
Yes, I am.

But lets wait and see what other investigators find in their searches.

Honestly, some Transparency on Obama's part would go a long way to putting this to bed. Provide the long form, which IS still available, and provide his college/university records as people have been requesting. Its very simple, really.
The long form is NOT still available Hawaii does NOT offer it period, at least not a CERTIFIED one. Obama has released a STATE CERTIFIED Birth Certificate to the Public, that goes above and beyond what anyone other Presidents have released. if ACTUAL STATE CERTIFIED LEGAL DOCUMENTS aren't enough for birther bats**** nothing will be

Last edited by Smash255; 04-10-2011 at 06:05 PM..

Old 04-10-2011, 06:01 PM

4,457 posts, read 3,594,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Wow, talk about deflection! Who starts all these "birther" threads? Who started this one?
Me deflect...did you answer any question I asked? And you say I deflect. LOLOLOLOL

Old 04-10-2011, 06:08 PM

7,922 posts, read 7,620,377 times
If people do NOT believe the State of Hawaii about Obama's Birth Certificate then everyone might as well throw their Birth Certificates away...... Obviously Trump doesn't believe in official documents.... when it suits him.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:16 PM

6,131 posts, read 6,246,388 times
I'd like Hawaii to tell us the name (signature on the Long-Form birth certificate) of the delivering doctor. I'd like Hawaii to tell us exactly which Hawaii hospital Obama was born in.

I bet the delivering doctor has never delivered a baby in a Hawaiian hospital. And I bet Obama was not born in a Hawaiian hospital.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:19 PM

19,125 posts, read 9,072,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I'd like Hawaii to tell us the name (signature on the Long-Form birth certificate) of the delivering doctor. I'd like Hawaii to tell us exactly which Hawaii hospital Obama was born in.
why?

Old 04-10-2011, 06:22 PM

6,131 posts, read 6,246,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
why?
Because I bet the delivering doctor has never delivered a baby in a Hawaiian hospital. And I bet Obama was not born in a Hawaiian hospital.

Hell, no Hawaii hospital has any record of Obama ever being born. Let's see if they have a record of the delivering doctor...

Old 04-10-2011, 06:36 PM

19,125 posts, read 9,072,228 times
Quote:
And I bet Obama was not born in a Hawaiian hospital.
former governor linda lingle has stated it was kapi'olani.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:37 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,344,345 times
Quote:
Because I bet the delivering doctor has never delivered a baby in a Hawaiian hospital. And I bet Obama was not born in a Hawaiian hospital.

Hell, no Hawaii hospital has any record of Obama ever being born. Let's see if they have a record of the delivering doctor...

Seek help

Old 04-10-2011, 06:37 PM

84,980 posts, read 98,832,039 times
Quote:
No, a hospital would not provide you with a Birth Certificate, but they would provide you with a certification of live birth.

When we applied for my husband's immigration papers in London while at the interview I had to provide my long form birth certificate. They have a copy of it on record. They needed me to prove that I was really a USA citizen who was married to this British applicant. I also had to provide proof of divorce from my first husband. My son, who recently attended an interview in London with his fiance, also had to show his long form birth certificate.

What it comes down to is that peope who voted for Obama are terrified that they'll be made to look like fools, while those who didn't vote for him are concerned that a fraud sits in the White House.
So here's where MY 40 years of nursing comes in. Hospitals DO NOT issue birth certificates, certifications of live births, or anything of the like. That is a DOH job.

Quote:

I bet the delivering doctor has never delivered a baby in a Hawaiian hospital. And I bet Obama was not born in a Hawaiian hospital.
Why do you want to know this information, when you have been so incurious about the same info regarding all other presidents. Why do you think Obama's mother would not have delivered in a hospital?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I don't know if y'all didn't know this, but if you have a parent that is an American citizen, then you are. If you have parent's, one from american and one another country, you have dual citizenship up until a certain age (14 I believe). Then you have to renouce one. But if you are born on American soil...you are American in most cases excluding prisoners of war, etc.
Yes, this is common knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies