Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 10:21 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,292,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
A legal state certified birth certificate certainly falls under legitimate believable evidence....
Yeah, that usually works - if you don't go round tellin' folks you is the president.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:24 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Funny, I remember the names of ALL the Alzheimer's patients I have worked with But then again, I am trained to remember names and dates.
Bully for you! OB patients are in and out in a few days. You may only take care of a person for one day of a 4 day stay. It's not like working in an Alzheimer's facility where you have the same patients day in and day out for years.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:25 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,469,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious LA View Post
1. Yes, but many look completely white.

2. Hawaii isn't a white place. If Obama looked "ethnic", the nurse probably assumed his mother's partner was an Asian/Hawaiian.

3. How do you know the nurses were young? Maybe they were 45? In that case, they're probably dead.

Nothing will change the fact that Obama has shown sufficient proof that he is eligible to be president of the United States. And frankly, you loons are going to have to live with it
Let me ask you this...if we were questioning the birth of McCain or Palin because they refused to show proper documentation, would you still be calling us "loons?" Of course, people thought Galileo Galilei was a "loon," too, so I guess we are in good company

For the record, I don't have any names to call you for believing differently than me. Must be because I was raised by parents who taught me some manners and to be respectful of other's opinions

Old 04-10-2011, 10:27 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,184,004 times
Quote:
Let me ask you this...if we were questioning the birth of McCain or Palin because they refused to show proper documentation, would you still be calling us "loons?" Of course, people thought Galileo Galilei was a "loon," too, so I guess we are in good company

For the record, I don't have any names to call you for believing differently than me. Must be because I was raised by parents who taught me some manners and to be respectful of other's opinions
Proper documentation like a legal birth certificate? If Palin and McCain provide a valid legal BC, that's good enough for me to believe they were eligible to be president, I would be defending the truth as I am here if people were fighting against that truth, but somehow I don't think birthers would have any problem if this were about McCain or Palin.

Last edited by detshen; 04-10-2011 at 10:38 PM..

Old 04-10-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
And innocent people have been put to death on the "sun rises in the east" evidence because people manipulated the evidence to look like it does. Do you deny that?
It is a total untruth to say that Obama did anything special to "seal" his records. It's an outright lie. His records are protected by the same privacy laws as everyone else's.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:28 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,469,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Bully for you! OB patients are in and out in a few days. You may only take care of a person for one day of a 4 day stay. It's not like working in an Alzheimer's facility where you have the same patients day in and day out for years.
On a serious note, I know that nurses are bogged down and extremely busy, just as I was working in upper management of Alzheimer's facilities. Like I said, I am trained to remember thousands of names and dates of people I have never even met because they are all dead But surely at least ONE person from the hospital would remember something? Even Alzheimer's patients remember events from 50 years ago when they can't remember what happened in the last 5 minutes.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:30 PM

22,154 posts, read 19,397,646 times
Quote:

If they publicly released legal state certified birth certificates (which is EXACTLY what Obama has done) then the detractors would be just as bats*** crazy as the Obama detractors are.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:30 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,292,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It is a total untruth to say that Obama did anything special to "seal" his records. It's an outright lie. His records are protected by the same privacy laws as everyone else's.
As long as the glue holds.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
On a serious note, I know that nurses are bogged down and extremely busy, just as I was working in upper management of Alzheimer's facilities. Like I said, I am trained to remember thousands of names and dates of people I have never even met because they are all dead But surely at least ONE person from the hospital would remember something? Even Alzheimer's patients remember events from 50 years ago when they can't remember what happened in the last 5 minutes.
Who cares? That is not proof! So Mrs. Jones says "I was Stanley Ann Obama's roommate back in August of 1961" and the birthers say, "No you weren't!" It's possible she didn't even have a roommate. The hospital where I had my kids (no longer doing OB, BTW; I don't know what they did with their records) had all private rooms. I've worked in OB with double rooms, and when we weren't busy, some patients were "roommateless". OB patients come and go. You can have a roommate one day; she goes home the next. You might remember a first name, but Ms. Obama went by "Ann", that is not an unusual name.

No one talked to Obama's Grandmother Dunham about this while she was still alive; I guess she wasn't considered "credible".

Old 04-10-2011, 10:42 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,184,004 times
Quote:
A friend of a doctor in Honolulu remembers him telling her the story of "Stanley having a baby," but birthers don't care about that, why would a roommate of his mothers make any difference? Some people don't wan't to believe Obama was born here and never will.

When Barack Hussein Obama places his hand on the Bible to take the oath of office as 44th president of the United States, Barbara Nelson of Kenmore will undoubtedly think back to the day he was born. It was Aug. 4, 1961, at Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Honolulu.
In January 2009, a teacher at the Honolulu prep school attended by Barack Obama recalled discussing his birth with the obstetrician who had delivered him:
"I may be the only person left who specifically remembers his birth. His parents are gone, his grandmother is gone, the obstetrician who delivered him is gone," said Nelson, referring to Dr. Rodney T. West, who died in February at the age of 98. Here's the story: Nelson was having dinner at the Outrigger Canoe Club on Waikiki Beach with Dr. West, the father of her college friend, Jo-Anne. Making conversation, Nelson turned to Dr. West and said: "So, tell me something interesting that happened this week," she recalls.

His response: "Well, today, Stanley had a baby. Now that's something to write home about."

The new mother was Stanley (later referred to by her middle name of Ann) Dunham, and the baby was Barack Hussein Obama.

"I penned the name on a napkin, and I did write home about it," said Nelson, knowing that her father, Stanley A. Czurles, director of the Art Education Department at Buffalo State College, would be interested in the "Stanley" connection.

She also remembers Dr. West mentioning that the baby's father was the first black student at the University of Hawaii and how taken he was by the baby's name.

"I remember Dr. West saying 'Barack Hussein Obama, now that's a musical name,'" said Nelson.

Ten years after that memorable birth announcement, Nelson would hear the Obama name again. This time, the father, now a Kenyan government official, was coming to speak at the Punahou School in Honolulu where Nelson was teaching and where his 10-year-old son was a newly enrolled fifth-grader.

Last edited by detshen; 04-10-2011 at 11:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.