U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-11-2011, 04:23 PM
 
1,777 posts, read 1,156,448 times
Reputation: 589

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Nope! Not in the case of Obama. He is DIFFERENT because of his parents and his background.
So because he and his father are black...? It's quite rare to get a birther to actually admit that this birther campaign is about Obama's "background."

Quote:
Aside from where he was born is the fact that Obama's parents were not U.S. citizens, which is a requirement to be POTUS.
There is not a single current judge, congressman, constitutional scholar or law professor who agrees with that interpretation of the natural born citizen clause. There are former presidents, VPs, major party nominees and candidates who had non-citizen parents, and none had their eligibility seriously questioned on that basis.

 
Old 04-11-2011, 04:26 PM
 
Location: High Cotton
6,131 posts, read 6,245,618 times
Reputation: 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
None of that information is needed under the actual LAW, nor have most Presidents been able to give out that information. Hell mine doesn't either. I needed a new copy of my birth certificate, contacted the NY Dept of Health Vital Records Dept, and got a certified copy of my birth certificate. Mention of the town I was born, but no mention of the hospital. The signature comes from the vital records dept, not the Hospital.
But you don't have all the eligibility questions surrounding your birth whereas Obama does because of his background, history, parents...and of course meeting the Constitutional requirements of being POTUS. Big difference?

Don't you really want to know the truth about Obama? Maybe not in your case, but tens of millions of Americans do want to know so there's no question. Obama should oblige them and do away with this issue. Or he can continue to spend millions of dollars to hide it. Makes no sense for him to do that does it?

Have fun......................
 
Old 04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,279,875 times
Reputation: 18588
The election of President Obama brought out the "closeted" bigots in full force. They were on a mission then and they are on a mission now with The Donald now leading the pack. Racism is like a cancer and the birthers are the cancer cells...its disgusting.
 
Old 04-11-2011, 04:29 PM
 
Location: High Cotton
6,131 posts, read 6,245,618 times
Reputation: 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
His mother was a U.S citizen. He was born in Honolulu and has a state certified and verified birth certificate that proves that.
BOTH parents (PLURAL) of the POTUS needed to be U.S. citizens. FAIL!
 
Old 04-11-2011, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,691 posts, read 14,812,058 times
Reputation: 3842
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
But you don't have all the eligibility questions surrounding your birth whereas Obama does because of his background, history, parents...and of course meeting the Constitutional requirements of being POTUS. Big difference?

Don't you really want to know the truth about Obama? Maybe not in your case, but tens of millions of Americans do want to know so there's no question. Obama should oblige them and do away with this issue. Or he can continue to spend millions of dollars to hide it. Makes no sense for him to do that does it?

Have fun......................
And that eligibility was put to rest when he released his state certified and verified birth certificate. Just because people choose not to believe in what the law actually is, does not mean that Obama did not prove he was eligible to the public.
 
Old 04-11-2011, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,691 posts, read 14,812,058 times
Reputation: 3842
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
BOTH parents (PLURAL) of the POTUS needed to be U.S. citizens. FAIL!
Fail, Fail, fail Beyond words Fail.....
 
Old 04-11-2011, 04:30 PM
 
Location: High Cotton
6,131 posts, read 6,245,618 times
Reputation: 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The election of President Obama brought out the "closeted" bigots in full force. They were on a mission then and they are on a mission now with The Donald now leading the pack. Racism is like a cancer and the birthers are the cancer cells...its disgusting.
It has noting to do with race or bigotry. You can sling that race card elsewhere. You're good at it! It gets you nowhere...and hurts you (and your people) everytime you bring it up. You'll never learn...

Bye
 
Old 04-11-2011, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,775 posts, read 9,441,453 times
Reputation: 4238
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A strawman argument.

My social security number doesn't match where I was born. Does yours?
They are issued to the State from which the application came from. I was born in New Mexico, but got my SS card for my first job in CA.

In addition, the records indicate the number was issued between 1977 and 1979, yet Obama's earliest employment reportedly was in 1975 at a Baskin-Robbins ice-cream shop in Oahu, Hawaii.
WND has copies of affidavits filed separately in a presidential eligibility lawsuit in the U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia by Ohio licensed private investigator Susan Daniels and Colorado private investigator John N. Sampson.
The investigators believe Obama needs to explain why he is using a Social Security number reserved for Connecticut applicants that was issued at a date later than he is known to have held employment.


Read more: Investigators: Obama uses Connecticut Soc. Sec. Number Investigators: Obama uses Connecticut Soc. Sec. Number
 
Old 04-11-2011, 04:35 PM
 
19,125 posts, read 9,069,991 times
Reputation: 3855
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
BOTH parents (PLURAL) of the POTUS needed to be U.S. citizens. FAIL!
again, which congressman ( former or current ), constitutional scholar or judge has agreed with this interpretation of the NBC clause?
 
Old 04-11-2011, 04:36 PM
 
1,777 posts, read 1,156,448 times
Reputation: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
But you don't have all the eligibility questions surrounding your birth whereas Obama does because of his background, history, parents...and of course meeting the Constitutional requirements of being POTUS. Big difference?
So how come Glenn Beck has never put to bed all those questions surrounding the rumors that he raped and murdered a young girl in 1990? If you had those sorts of questions surrounding you, wouldn't you do something about it?

Quote:
Obama should oblige them and do away with this issue. Or he can continue to spend millions of dollars to hide it. Makes no sense for him to do that does it?
First of all, Obama hasn't spent millions fighting these birther suits. You've been challenged by me on several occasions now to provide a single scrap of evidence to support what you're saying, and you have refused to. So either you are relying on the WND "$100 at McDonalds means he's spent $100 on McFlurries" logic, or you're just making up numbers.

Secondly, how can he "do away with this issue" when people like you, the loudest birthers out there all have backup arguments already? How can he "do away with the issue" when you already say that because of his father he is already ineligible for office? Based on your logic, isn't it already impossible for him to "do away with this issue," at least to you? Why would you say that Obama could settle the whole thing by showing a long-form birth certificate when LITERALLY AT THE SAME TIME you are claiming that Obama is ineligible for office no matter what because his father was not a US citizen?

Do you not realize you are being internally inconsistent here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top