U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:30 PM
 
39,075 posts, read 23,178,974 times
Reputation: 12157

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Any source that does't agree with you are liars. I don't do the namecalling crap, just stick to the facts. World Net Daily has been a champion of this cause, and has examined every allegation and documentation extensively. They research and report. Liberals have a stanglehold on the media, except for Fox, and it drives you crazy. You call them liars and racists too - the labelling is getting old, worn out and useless.
If this was President Bush hiding his records, you would be the first to demand to see the documents or screach impeachment.
It's real simple, as the Donald states repeatedly, show us the long form birth certificate - prove you are eligible for this office. If he presents a forgery, we will know. If he provides the real McCoy, this will all go away, and we can get back to policy issues.
The source doesn't really matter. While WND does not just research and report, they have an agenda, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that there is no coherent story. Obama was born in Kenya, you say? Okay, but his mother was an American citizen. She could have simply applied to have her son become a naturalized citizen. Why would she break the law, draw her parents into a conspiracy, rather than simply follow the law? Can you give us a rational explanation for this irrational behavior? Bear in mind, the only thing a natural-born citizen can do that a naturalized citizen cannot, is to serve as President of the United States. In every other way, natural-born and naturalized are equal. So, explain why Obama's mother broke the law, please?

 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:31 PM
 
1,777 posts, read 1,157,269 times
Reputation: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I don't do the namecalling crap, just stick to the facts. World Net Daily has been a champion of this cause, and has examined every allegation and documentation extensively. They research and report.
Nah, they are liars. For example:

Last week WND put an editorial on their website stating that a picture of Obama with his grandparents in New York was photoshopped, and included a video which purported to show the "real" picture. However, Obama's knee was still in the "real" one! So WND put out a blatant lie and asserted it was true. What did they do? They removed the false paragraphs, without bothering to put up a correction.

If they had taken the time to "examine" the allegation there, instead of just forwarding whatever they got like somebody getting the latest debunked chain email, they would have seen that forgery for itself. If they had any journalistic ethics whatsoever, they would have noted that they had made a correction to their story. They've done neither.

I don't call WND liars because they disagree with me. I call them liars because they have shown themselves to be so, time and time again.

Quote:
It's real simple, as the Donald states repeatedly, show us the long form birth certificate - prove you are eligible for this office. If he presents a forgery, we will know. If he provides the real McCoy, this will all go away, and we can get back to policy issues.
You sure about that? Highcotton and many other birthers post lists of dozens of documents they demand to see, and even then claim that he is ineligible for office on the basis of an interpretation of the natural born citizen clause that no current judge, congressman, constitutional scholar or law professor agrees with.

But if you don't think that Obama was born in Hawaii, why don't you tell us how you think Obama came to be born in Kenya? When did Ann Dunham leave Hawaii, her family and friends, for Kenya? Why didn't she tell anybody she was leaving? Where in Kenya was Obama born then? Why would the grandparents commit all this fraud when it's not hard to get a child of an American citizen naturalized?
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Neither here nor there
14,810 posts, read 13,572,359 times
Reputation: 32926
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Thirdly, there is no real evidence that Obama was born anywhere but in Honolulu. This is supported consistently in documents throughout Obama's life. Remember that little registration at an Indonesian school, it says there that Obama was born in Honolulu. So, you are arguing that a conspiracy started at birth to confer natural-born citizenship on Obama, and are therefore asserting that his parents and grandparents all conspired for the sole purpose of seeing their son, a multi-racial baby in 1961, become President of the United States. Otherwise, he could have easily been naturalized. The ONLY position unavailable to a naturalized citizen in this country is the Presidency. So, you think they really thought, hey, this kid is going to be President one day??????

It is not unknown for parents to claim a US birth for their children born outside the United States so there will never be any question as to citizenship. Not saying this is what happened in Obama's case, only that parents sometimes will go to great lengths to make sure their children have the (once) coveted US citizenship. I, personally, know of someone born abroad whose mother brought him back to the US at 4 weeks of age and got her old family doctor in her little hometown to certify her child was born at home in the US. His mother was 19 at the time and she was afraid her child would not be a US citizen. This was in 1935. Yes, it can be done. Maybe not as easily today as back then but 75 years ago it was easier to do something like that.
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:34 PM
 
19,125 posts, read 9,082,559 times
Reputation: 3855
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Any source that does't agree with you are liars. I don't do the namecalling crap, just stick to the facts..
i've yet to call anyone a name.

also, please show me anything i've posted in this thread that wasn't supported by fact.
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:38 PM
 
7,901 posts, read 8,628,014 times
Reputation: 3185
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Any source that does't agree with you are liars. I don't do the namecalling crap, just stick to the facts. World Net Daily has been a champion of this cause, and has examined every allegation and documentation extensively. They research and report. Liberals have a stanglehold on the media, except for Fox, and it drives you crazy. You call them liars and racists too - the labelling is getting old, worn out and useless.
If this was President Bush hiding his records, you would be the first to demand to see the documents or screach impeachment.
It's real simple, as the Donald states repeatedly, show us the long form birth certificate - prove you are eligible for this office. If he presents a forgery, we will know. If he provides the real McCoy, this will all go away, and we can get back to policy issues.
The longer this issue lingers, the stronger we become. There is only one way to deal with it, provide what we are asking for. We will not be bullied, smeared or intimidated into submission.
The National Enquirer has more credibility with most people that World Nut Daily.
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:39 PM
 
19,125 posts, read 9,082,559 times
Reputation: 3855
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If this was President Bush hiding his records, you would be the first to demand to see the documents or screach impeachment.
besides a few of his school records ( and far from all of them ) bush released none of the documents the birthers are asking for. can you show me who demanded or screached?
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:47 PM
 
39,075 posts, read 23,178,974 times
Reputation: 12157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It is not unknown for parents to claim a US birth for their children born outside the United States so there will never be any question as to citizenship. Not saying this is what happened in Obama's case, only that parents sometimes will go to great lengths to make sure their children have the (once) coveted US citizenship. I, personally, know of someone born abroad whose mother brought him back to the US at 4 weeks of age and got her old family doctor in her little hometown to certify her child was born at home in the US. His mother was 19 at the time and she was afraid her child would not be a US citizen. This was in 1935. Yes, it can be done. Maybe not as easily today as back then but 75 years ago it was easier to do something like that.
It is commonplace for an American parent to have their foreign-born child naturalized. It's not difficult at all. Your personal knowledge of one case where the mother was ignorant of the law does not mean that Obama's mother was equally ignorant. Breaking the law to achieve what? The only thing a natural-born citizen can do that a naturalized citizen cannot is to become President. Why would Obama's mother do that? If the birthers cannot come up with a reasonable answer, then they have no conspiracy.
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,710 posts, read 14,831,582 times
Reputation: 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Any source that does't agree with you are liars. I don't do the namecalling crap, just stick to the facts. World Net Daily has been a champion of this cause, and has examined every allegation and documentation extensively. They research and report. Liberals have a stanglehold on the media, except for Fox, and it drives you crazy. You call them liars and racists too - the labelling is getting old, worn out and useless.
If this was President Bush hiding his records, you would be the first to demand to see the documents or screach impeachment.
It's real simple, as the Donald states repeatedly, show us the long form birth certificate - prove you are eligible for this office. If he presents a forgery, we will know. If he provides the real McCoy, this will all go away, and we can get back to policy issues.
The longer this issue lingers, the stronger we become. There is only one way to deal with it, provide what we are asking for. We will not be bullied, smeared or intimidated into submission.

Hawaii does NOT provide the long form, and has not for many years. The only certified copy Hawaii releases is the form Obama did. His birth certificate he released three years ago proves he is eligible under the law to serve as President. Its not Obama's fault or anyone else's fault that birthers are so completely bats*** crazy that they do no believe in actual law.
 
Old 04-12-2011, 04:00 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,082,292 times
Reputation: 14878
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
World Net Daily has been a champion of this cause, and has examined every allegation and documentation extensively. They research and report.
From Worldnet Daily publisher Joseph Farah:


"Jack Cashill is an OPINION columnist. Admittedly, we publish some misinformation by columnists, as does your publication and every other journal that contains opinion. Bill Press seldom gets anything right in his column, but because we believe in providing the broadest spectrum of OPINION anywhere in the news business, we tolerate that kind of thing. Yes, Cashill’s column contained an egregious error, which we corrected almost immediately, which is far more than I expect you to do in what I assume is a NEWS piece you wrote."

Right-wing publisher: We run "some misinformation" - War Room - Salon.com
 
Old 04-12-2011, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,775 posts, read 9,450,263 times
Reputation: 4238
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The source doesn't really matter. While WND does not just research and report, they have an agenda, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that there is no coherent story. Obama was born in Kenya, you say? Okay, but his mother was an American citizen. She could have simply applied to have her son become a naturalized citizen. Why would she break the law, draw her parents into a conspiracy, rather than simply follow the law? Can you give us a rational explanation for this irrational behavior? Bear in mind, the only thing a natural-born citizen can do that a naturalized citizen cannot, is to serve as President of the United States. In every other way, natural-born and naturalized are equal. So, explain why Obama's mother broke the law, please?
She abided by the law, which says she was too young at the time of his birth, to confer her citizenship to him. It is my understanding, she would have had to be 19, and that she was only 17, or 18 by some reports. Don't ask me where that law is, it's not up to me to prove anything - it's up to Obama to prove he is worthy of the status bestowed upon him by people like you.
A natural born citizen has 2 parents with American citizenship, dada was Kenyan, meaning dual allegiance, which is not what we want in a President of the United States, but that's what we've got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top