U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 03:05 AM

7,541 posts, read 5,158,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Ah, I think the more pertinent question is the following;
No its unsupported speculation on your part

Quote:
If Barack was adopted by Lolo Soetoro in Indonesia, doesn't that make him an Indonesian?
Nope. That's like saying that if I was adopted by a Japanese, family, I'd be Japanese.

And Obama was never adopted
He was too old (Indonesia didn't allow you to adopt any child over the age of 5)
And Lolo Soetoro's religion didn't allow it.

Quote:
Fransiskus Assisi School In Jakarta, Indonesia clearly shows that he was registered under the name ‘Barry Soetoro’ and his citizenship listed as Indonesian Can we view the adoption papers please?
My mother put my aunts and uncles address for my Elementary school application, despite I never lived there. WHy? Because you could only attend that school if you lived in the district. They happened to live in a really nice school district that the one we lived in.

Lolo probably put that name down, so he could get Barack into a public school in Indonesia. Otherwise the school would have questioned why he was enrolling a child that was not his own.

doesn't mean that Lolo adopoted him (and again, he couldn't by Indonesia law and his own religion)

Quote:
Also, I'd like to know when he changed his name back to Barack Hussein Obama, can we see those papers, please.
His name was never changed to begin with. Can't change something that was never changed.

Quote:
The Indonesian school registry also lists him as muslim, so when did he convert to Christianity? How does that sit with the Imams?
again, Lolo probably put down that information to convince the school that he was allowed to register Barack for that school. Doesn't mean that:
1) Lolo adopted him
2) that Barack renounced his religious views.

HE has always been a Christian and followed Christian beliefs. And the school wasn't totally muslim based. They had Muslim students, but there were many students of various faiths that attended.

Barry Soetoro, was a name used by Lolo Soetoro to GET Barack into an Indonesian School. Barack has never gone by the name of Barry Soetoro.

Your 'questioning' is just another copy and paste of Birthe talking points, long debunked and long ago simple answers provided.

BTW, even if Obama was adopted by LOLO Soetoro, that doens't automatically mean that Obama loses his US Citizenship .

can you try to use original arguments than the lies you have spouted?

Old 04-13-2011, 03:11 AM

7,541 posts, read 5,158,210 times
btw claud, when are you going to address the fact that you have been posting nothing but lies, and are now ignoring the fact they are lies?

like why you are using a law (that doesn't exist anymore) that only applied to those born abroad about how to confer citizenship status?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:44 AM

13,155 posts, read 16,914,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Lolo probably put that name down, so he could get Barack into a public school in Indonesia. Otherwise the school would have questioned why he was enrolling a child that was not his own.

again, Lolo probably put down that information to convince the school that he was allowed to register Barack for that school. HE has always been a Christian and followed Christian beliefs. And the school wasn't totally muslim based.

My mother put my aunts and uncles address for my Elementary school application, despite I never lived there. WHy? Because you could only attend that school if you lived in the district. They happened to live in a really nice school district that the one we lived in.

Barry Soetoro, was a name used by Lolo Soetoro to GET Barack into an Indonesian School. Barack has never gone by the name of Barry Soetoro.

So, Barry lived in and was raised by a family that practiced deception. Yet, you clam that he was always a Christian and followed Christian beliefs.
Your entire argument breaks down by the account of this kind of deception.

I wonder what kind of information he used to get into college.....? That might explain why he doesn't want us to see his records. Hmmmm...

Old 04-13-2011, 07:43 AM

19,139 posts, read 9,108,997 times
Quote:
... but I believe Stanley Ann lived in Indonesia for a time, and there was some question as to whether she had relinquished her citizenship to do so....

stanley ann didn't live in indonesia long enough to qualify for indonesian citizenship ( 5 consecutive years or 10 non-consecutive ).

Indonesian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there would be no reason for her to relinquish her US citizenship nor would it have had any affect on obama's eligibility.

you've stated you want to deal in fact claudhopper, i'd suggested more research from different sources before posting.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Prove it
it has been by the preponderance of the evidence and, imo, beyond a reasonable doubt. the standards of proof in the US.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Ah, I think the more pertinent question is the following;
If Barack was adopted by Lolo Soetoro in Indonesia, doesn't that make him an Indonesian?
no. under indonesian law adoption by an indonesian citizen does not give one citizenship. also, indonesia requires that a person relinquish all other citizenships before obtaining indonesian citizenship. add to that the fact that the US state department doesn't allow a child that young to renounce his citizenship.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 04-13-2011 at 08:09 AM..

Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
The Indonesian school registry also lists him as muslim, so when did he convert to Christianity? How does that sit with the Imams?
don't know, ask them.

as for eligibility...... the US constitution specifically forbids any "religious test" to hold an elected office.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I wonder what kind of information he used to get into college.....?
well, we know he couldn't have received indonesian citizenship so..... what exact benefit would there have been to register as indonesian and how does that affect eligibility?

Old 04-13-2011, 08:54 AM

85,056 posts, read 99,058,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
So, Barry lived in and was raised by a family that practiced deception. Yet, you clam that he was always a Christian and followed Christian beliefs.
Your entire argument breaks down by the account of this kind of deception.

I wonder what kind of information he used to get into college.....? That might explain why he doesn't want us to see his records. Hmmmm...
I don't know who is claiming that Obama was always a Christian. And I don't know why you birthers are always slamming his family.

If you went to college, you know that birthplace, etc, doesn't even go on a college application. When my kids applied to college, starting in 2002, all they had to do was check a box that they were in the US legally by virtue of being born here. They did not have to produce a document. When I went to college, they didn't even ask that much.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:52 AM

39,088 posts, read 23,221,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The whole controversy is so convoluted and twisted now that it may never be sorted out completely. As for Obama's mother's travel records and passport records--airlines don't keep records that long and neither does the State Dept. about who leaves and enters the country. I think this whole thing started, didn't it?, when Obama's grandmother is reported to have said she attended his birth in Kenya? The other records that have been asked for--the college records, etc.--could easily be released as well as what kind of passport Obama used to travel to Pakistan in 1981. It has been posted in many places that at the time Obama traveled to Pakistan, Americans were not allowed to travel to that country on American passports. Can this be confirmed? Could an American have traveled to Pakistan using an American passport in 1981? If the answer is no, then it begs the question of what kind of passport did he use?
It has been posted in many places that at the time Obama traveled to Pakistan, Americans were not allowed to travel there. Falsely posted. The only country Americans are not allowed to travel to is Cuba, and there are exceptions made all the time to that law.

Yes, Americans could travel to Pakistan in 1981. I have a friend who did so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies