U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-18-2011, 07:36 PM
 
19,174 posts, read 9,135,466 times
Reputation: 3872

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A name is given. Contact him and ask.
just did. i'll let you know if i get an answer.

 
Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 PM
 
62,743 posts, read 28,017,960 times
Reputation: 7949
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJimKata View Post
Well, I could have missed it but I didn't see an actual article or ad in an actual Black newspaper and the born abroad issue is still irrelevant no matter who believes that nonsense.
You need to sell that to the Black community. The Black newspaper publishers disagree with you and believe they need to "educate" their readers as to why Obama is eligible even though he was born outside the U.S. The mistake they're making is that they have U.S. citizenship law wrong. The State Dept clarifies:
Quote:
Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock

A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child
Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad
 
Old 04-18-2011, 11:33 PM
 
7,541 posts, read 5,171,016 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Citizenship law at the time of Obama's birth:Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad

Sorry, addressed in my post below. Should have read the article you linked to. Apologize.

Last edited by Arus; 04-18-2011 at 11:44 PM..
 
Old 04-18-2011, 11:35 PM
 
7,541 posts, read 5,171,016 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You need to sell that to the Black community. The Black newspaper publishers disagree with you and believe they need to "educate" their readers as to why Obama is eligible even though he was born outside the U.S. The mistake they're making is that they have U.S. citizenship law wrong. The State Dept clarifies:
Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad

And your point? That a black newspaper can't get something wrong?

When facts are wrong, they are wrong, not matter who publishes it.

I wouldn't even call the NPA (aka NEPA) even an influential publisher:
http://www.rightwingnewswatch.com/20...-foreign-born/

It has ties to Black communities, but its not a major publication.

Talking about hyping up a "publisher" that isn't a blip on most MEDIA circles.

They get one thing wrong, that is read by a few thousand Black Americans.. Whoopee.

How much has FAUX news gotten wrong in the LAST DECADE and its watched by millions.

Last edited by Arus; 04-18-2011 at 11:43 PM..
 
Old 04-19-2011, 07:24 AM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,261 posts, read 7,388,741 times
Reputation: 7076
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJimKata View Post
I don't need to sell anything to anybody for any reason.

Further, whatever NNPA/NEPA proposed to be published or published in any number of Black newspapers says nothing about what the Black community believes or needs to be sold. You can't criticize the publishers for mistakes in their ad [proposal] while making the mistake of conflating them with the Black community.




See? Even you don't believe that "You need to sell that to the Black community" nonsense. The only person you can pretend I "disagree" with is Walter Smith who reportedly sent out an email with the ad included.

Also, the only real statement of belief in the ad was that the "Birther" Rhetoric needs to stop. With that statement of belief clearly in bold, its clear what the ad was intended to address, mistakes or not.
Funny how the high mucky-mucks in the Republican party all of a sudden want to pull back on the birther nonsense so that it doesn't taint the next election by making them look foolish. Maybe they've learned a lesson here about deliberate slander and how it can come back and bite you in the butt.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 04-19-2011 at 08:37 AM..
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:35 AM
 
62,743 posts, read 28,017,960 times
Reputation: 7949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
And your point? That a black newspaper can't get something wrong?
"A" Black newspaper? It's an entire publishers group.

Quote:
I wouldn't even call the NPA (aka NEPA) even an influential publisher. It has ties to Black communities, but its not a major publication.
That's not what they say. They call themselves: "The Eyes Ears and Voice of New York's 3.5 Million African Americans"

And just one of the member newspapers proudly proclaims: "The New York Beacon is New York's most popular weekly newspaper targeting the African American communities of New York City."
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:38 AM
 
62,743 posts, read 28,017,960 times
Reputation: 7949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Funny how the high mucky-mucks in the Republican party all of a sudden want to pull back on the birther nonsense so that it doesn't taint the next election by making them look foolish. Maybe they've learned a lesson here about deliberate slander and how it can come back and bite you in the butt.
Funny how Black newspaper publishers persist in believing Obama was not born in the U.S. and that their readers need to be "educated" as to why that doesn't matter.

It would almost work if they hadn't gotten the U.S. citizenship law at the time of Obama's birth wrong.
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:46 AM
 
1,777 posts, read 1,162,108 times
Reputation: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Funny how Black newspaper publishers persist in believing Obama was not born in the U.S. and that their readers need to be "educated" as to why that doesn't matter.

It would almost work if they hadn't gotten the U.S. citizenship law at the time of Obama's birth wrong.
There's a difference between "Even if Obama was born in Kenya" and "Obama was born in Kenya, so what," that you're just not getting here. Then again if you had consistent reasoning abilities you would not be a birther in the first place, so misinterpreting what it is that ad says is nothing new in birferstan.
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:57 AM
 
1 posts, read 720 times
Reputation: 11
Exclamation "Hawaii Desperately Chasing Escaped Horse" (FR's own amazing Butterdezillion)

[SIZE=+1]"Hawaii Desperately Chasing Escaped Horse" (FR's own amazing Butterdezillion) [/SIZE]


[SIZE=2]Posted on Friday, April 15, 2011 12:52:22 PM by [/SIZE][SIZE=2]cycle of discernment[/SIZE]

Hawaii Desperately Chasing Escaped Horse
Hawaii government officials are desperately trying to give Obama an excuse for not disclosing his long-form birth certificate for the past 2+ years. What they accomplished, instead, is to prove in full view of everyone that they are willing to violate their laws in order to try to silence the growing questions about what he is really hiding and why. Hawaii Desperately Chasing Escaped Horse « Butterdezillion's Blog

FR’s own butterdezillion’s blog and extraordinarily abundant research
http://butterdezillion.wordpress.com/
 
Old 04-19-2011, 12:01 PM
 
7,901 posts, read 8,653,642 times
Reputation: 3185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna L. Schoening View Post
[SIZE=+1]"Hawaii Desperately Chasing Escaped Horse" (FR's own amazing Butterdezillion) [/SIZE]


[SIZE=2]Posted on Friday, April 15, 2011 12:52:22 PM by [/SIZE][SIZE=2]cycle of discernment[/SIZE]

Hawaii Desperately Chasing Escaped Horse
Hawaii government officials are desperately trying to give Obama an excuse for not disclosing his long-form birth certificate for the past 2+ years. What they accomplished, instead, is to prove in full view of everyone that they are willing to violate their laws in order to try to silence the growing questions about what he is really hiding and why. Hawaii Desperately Chasing Escaped Horse « Butterdezillion's Blog

FR’s own butterdezillion’s blog and extraordinarily abundant research
http://butterdezillion.wordpress.com/
"FR’s own butterdezillion’s blog and extraordinarily abundant research"

LOL

Maybe he can get a job with WND. Hey, they hired Pat Boone FFS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top