U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 12:44 AM

2,477 posts, read 2,202,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Did it ever occur to you that the "Sutoro" was just a spelling error committed by someone else taking down information on Obama's mother? Or are you trying to deny that her name actually was 'Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro' during her marriage to her second husband?
LOL your right must have been a mistake....A lot of mistakes when it comes to names and Obamas family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
if anything i've said is false please point it out and how exactly i'm wrong.
I said..Obamas full of sh*t.....Nobody should have all those names....Plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What about his mother? You don't accept that her name actually was Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro? Many women in that time frame kept their maiden name and just added their spouse's last name at the end. I did it and I still use my maiden name alone on occasions depending on if it's social or business. Does that make me a fraud?
She used Sutoro......Ya your right guys or gals....Its all just a coincidence

Old 04-22-2011, 12:50 AM

12,224 posts, read 7,346,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
LOL your right must have been a mistake....A lot of mistakes when it comes to names and Obamas family.

I said..Obamas full of sh*t.....Nobody should have all those names....Plain and simple.

Found the answer to your mystery of the spelling variation of Sutoro and Soetoro at: http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=528

Quote:
Soetoro is a typical Javanese name, pronounced [sutoro]. As we saw in the case of the fancifully named Batman bin Suparman, the Su- or Soe- prefix (from a Sanskritic root meaning 'good, fortunate') is very common in Javanese names. The oe spelling is a colonial vestige, as that digraph was used in the Dutch East Indies to represent /u/ when a standard Roman orthography was introduced to Javanese, Malay, and other local languages in the nineteenth century. After Indonesian independence, in 1950, spelling in the national language was modified to render /u/ as u, perhaps because oe was the orthographic element that looked most egregiously Dutch.
Obama's mother was an anthropologist and she probably adapted the spelling variation because she favored its history more and/or found it easier for other people to pronounce correctly. Now isn't that an easier and more logical theory to accept than some of the crazy conspiracy, low-life theories that have been floated around in birther circles? Read the link. It goes into great detail.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 04-22-2011 at 01:40 AM..

Old 04-22-2011, 01:02 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,516,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
so, do you also believe in a massive conspiracy?
It's a rather narrow conspiracy and that's why any serious investigation is so feared. Ignore the man behind the curtain...

Old 04-22-2011, 02:34 AM

7,541 posts, read 5,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
As many times as you say it, it will still not be true. A COLB is not a birth certificate.
as many times you post this lie, it won't make it true

a state may call their birth records anything they want.

Here is a list of what a Birth record is called all across the US:

Certificate of Live Birth
Certificate of Birth
Certification of Birth
Certification of Live Birth
Birth Certificate
Record of Birth
Birth Certification
Territorial Certificate of Birth
Certificate of Vital Record

Examples are found here:
The Fogbow: Birthers Debunked :: states

As long as the Birth records meets US State Department rules and policies, its an accepted legal form by the government in EVERY STATE.

Last edited by Arus; 04-22-2011 at 02:56 AM..

Old 04-22-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The newspaper announcement was requested by the grandparents.

No it wasn't. And you've been told that t his was a lie, and since you post it again, you are now knowling posting a lie, and that makes you a liar

Hawaii officials confirm Obama’s original birth certificate still exists | The Honolulu Advertiser | Hawaii's Newspaper

Quote:
Such vital statistics, however, were not sent to the newspapers by the general public but by the Health Department, which received the information directly from hospitals, Okubo said.

Birth announcements from the public ran elsewhere in both papers and usually included information such as the newborn's name, weight and time of birth.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:45 AM

WHDH-TV - Obama's aunt furious Trump questions his birthplace

Obama's aunt says he wasn't born in Kenya. Upset at Trump's lies.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:51 AM

Obama's Step-grandmother says he was born in America

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...iptlulu109.pdf

Quote:
TRANSLATOR OGOMBE (responding to background voices, sounding
distressed): No--yes--

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE (to McRae): No! Obama was not born in
Mombasa! He was born in America!

MCRAE: Wh-whereabouts, whereabouts was he born? I, I thought he was
born in Kenya.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: No he was born in America, not in Mombasa.

MCRAE: OK. Do you know whereabouts he was born?

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: (Pause.) Huh?

MCRAE: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born inKenya. I was gonna go by and see where he was born.

(two male voices in background in foreign language speaking at the same
time. Mrs. Obama or another woman in background.)

VOICE (background): It was Hawaii.

VOICE OF MRS. OBAMA OR ANOTHER WOMAN (background):
Hawaii.

BROTHER TOM (background): Hawaii, yeah?

VOICE OF MRS. OBAMA OR ANOTHER WOMAN (background): Yeah.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE (background): Yes.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE (to McRae): Sir, she says he was born in
Hawaii.

MCRAE: OK.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: Yeah, in 1960 this was Hawaii, where his father, his father was also marrying there. This was Hawaii.

MCRAE: OK.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: Yeah.

MCRAE: Was, was, was Mrs. Obama, was sh--was she present? Was, was
Mrs. Obama, see I thought you said she was present. Was she, was, was she,
was she able to see him being, being born in, in Hawaii?

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: (pause, silence) Hoh? (pause) Uh, yeah would
you please pronounce?

MCRAE: OK I’m sorry. I, I thought she said she was present when he was
born. I was—

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE (sounding exasperated): No, no! The, the
woman was not present. She was uh not, a what--you see, she was here in
Kenya, and Obama was born in America. That is, that’s obvious.

Oh and here is the entire interview: http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...12/8167169.wma

Old 04-22-2011, 05:55 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,012,404 times
Quote:

"""I said..Obamas full of sh*t.....Nobody should have all those names....Plain and simple. """

George Herbert Walker Bush.......

Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,151,360 times
Funny thread. No wonder a carnival guy like Trump is having so much fun.
I can hear the strategy sessions now

Trump: I think we should do this now
Advisor: No! People aren't that stupid
Trump: Trust me, they really are. That's how I make my living
Advisor: You can't start a campaign on a bald faced lie
Trump: You're fired as an advisor!

Old 04-22-2011, 06:57 AM

19,125 posts, read 9,069,991 times
Quote:
obviously you've never known a richard ( richard, rich, richie, rick, rickie, dick, dickie ). or ronald wilson reagan ( ron, ronnie, dutch ).

you've yet to show any proof that obama used an alias for any illegal or nefarious act. let's look at the names he has used:

Barack Hussein Obama

full legal name ( the one that's on his selective service card )

Barack Obama

without the middle name, something most of us do.

Barry Soetoro

from his first grade admissions forms ( there are no other examples of obama using this name. we also know that obama himself did not fill out this form ). not a big surprise there. both clinton and ford used their step-father's surname before eventually legally changing it over.

Barry Obama

name he used in high school. on the same level as james going by jim.

Steve

this was a joke that the birthers are taking literally ( Alfred E. Smith Memorial Dinner speech - Barack Obama ). it doesn't say much for the birthers' perception skills.

do you have any evidence of the other names and how they were used?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies