U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 02:45 PM

6,131 posts, read 6,261,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
correct. the COLB is from 2007 to be exact. nobody is arguing that point. it holds just as much legal weight as the "original".
So why do states' DoH even keep the original LONG-FORM birth certificates then?

Old 04-22-2011, 02:55 PM

19,152 posts, read 9,125,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
states keep vital records information. all birth certificates, long and short, are from that information.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:56 PM

6,406 posts, read 6,528,071 times
Quote:
To confuse you. And see? It worked!

Actually, they are required by law to maintain those records. They are also required to safeguard them.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:07 PM

39,092 posts, read 23,248,048 times
Quote:
Because they are charged with maintaining accurate and secure records. They keep the original birth certificate in a secure storage site, whatever format that birth certificate may have used.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:50 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,616,312 times
Quote:
correct. the COLB is from 2007 to be exact. nobody is arguing that point. it holds just as much legal weight as the "original".
Legal weight yes, with the assumption that the long form
or one's personal photostat of long form is somewhere.

You would think Obama, himself, would have a photostat of the original, especially considering when he was born. They didn't issue Social Security numbers automatically at birth back in the '60's like they do today.

Everyone I knew, had a photostat copy like the one I posted, just to use for things like opening a bank account as a minor, or to get a Social Security number to work as a minor, back in the day.

So, all they have to do is track down when his SS number was issued, because he would have had to produce a birth certificate then. Case closed, or is it

IT'S THE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER STUPID! | T-Room

The real burning question I have is

Baskin-Robbins in HI confirms Obama worked there in 1975. Yes, companies like Baskin-Robbins
and Dunkin Dounuts did hire 13-14 year olds back then.

But, the date of his S.S. number is 1977....

mmmmmm

Did Baskin Robbins pay him under the table
cause if that's the case - we can now get
Obama on tax evasion

Old 04-22-2011, 04:21 PM

19,152 posts, read 9,125,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

The real burning question I have is

Baskin-Robbins in HI confirms Obama worked there in 1975. Yes, companies like Baskin-Robbins
and Dunkin Dounuts did hire 13-14 year olds back then.

But, the date of his S.S. number is 1977....
maybe he did have one, maybe he didn't. dunno. i doubt a president could be impeached for not filing a tax return @ 14 but........ worth a shot if you like.

do you have links to when his SS# was issued and when he worked at B-R ?

Old 04-22-2011, 05:35 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,616,312 times
Quote:
maybe he did have one, maybe he didn't. dunno. i doubt a president could be impeached for not filing a tax return @ 14 but........ worth a shot if you like.

do you have links to when his SS# was issued and when he worked at B-R ?
I was joking thus the Of course, a 14/15 year old is
not going to be charged with not filing a tax return.

But here's some links:

The scoop on Baskin-Robbins, Obama's former employer in Honolulu | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Obama using fraudulent social security number? | pamibe

The records indicate the number was issued between 1977 and 1979, yet Obama’s earliest employment reportedly was in 1975 at a Baskin-Robbins ice-cream shop in Oahu, Hawaii.

Jack Cashill writes: "Another Look at Obama’s Social Security Number"

However, here's the S.S. administration
reasoning:

Since 1972, when SSA began assigning SSNs and issuing cards centrally from Baltimore, the area number assigned has been based on the ZIP code in the mailing address provided on the application for the original Social Security card. The applicant's mailing address does not have to be the same as their place of residence. Thus, the Area Number does not necessarily represent the State of residence.

Bill O’Reilly stated "His father lived In Connecticut for several years…babies sometimes get numbers based on addresses provided by their parents."

THE DAILY PEN: Bill O’Reilly Has Lost His Professional Objectivity Over Obama’s Eligibility

The Social Security thing - probably not his right number,
or a typo error, right?

Old 04-22-2011, 05:42 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,199,950 times
Can someone explain to me how this entire questioning if Obama was born here began? Who first raised this question and why? I can agree that there is some strange things about his past but why question he was born here in the first place?

Old 04-22-2011, 05:55 PM

7,541 posts, read 5,166,053 times
Quote:
there is a simple way to test this if you'd like. just call up your local passport office and ask if they accept a 2007 hawaiian COLB as proof of birth.

they do. I got my passport with a Hawaii COLB. Fully acceptable.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:12 PM

7,541 posts, read 5,166,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I was joking thus the Of course, a 14/15 year old is
not going to be charged with not filing a tax return.
If you earned less than $10,000 a year, you are not required to file a tax return. In 1975, I don't know what the low ceiling amount was, but in 1999, I earned less than $10K and wasn't required to file a tax return.

Quote:
But here's some links:
The records indicate the number was issued between 1977 and 1979, yet Obama’s earliest employment reportedly was in 1975 at a Baskin-Robbins ice-cream shop in Oahu, Hawaii.
Of course, you don't link to an article that says he was issued it in 1977. Only that the first public RECORD SEARCH of its use dated back to 1977.

and you link to a blog that uses the claims from Word Nut Daily and Dr. Orly Taitz as proof. Sorry, I rely on facts, not made up supposition, guesses and bad research.

Jack cashill is a fraud, and his findings are of course suspect.

Obama was issued a security number when he started working. Because of lies by Dr. Orly Taitz and Hollister, his SSN is now public (against the law, but Dr. Orly Taitz doesn't follow the law, and HOllister is a lying SOS, who obtained Obama's SSN fraudulently -- birhthers are nothing more than criminals -- a list of their illegal acts is at the bottom of this post).

Quote:
However, here's the S.S. administration
reasoning:

Since 1972, when SSA began assigning SSNs and issuing cards centrally from Baltimore, the area number assigned has been based on the ZIP code in the mailing address provided on the application for the original Social Security card. The applicant's mailing address does not have to be the same as their place of residence. Thus, the Area Number does not necessarily represent the State of residence.

Look at your top row of your keyboard (and remember in 1975 there was no such thing as computers). What numbers are next to each other?

9 and 0

96814 = zip code of Obama's Grandparents in Honolulu
06814 = zip code in Connecticut.

If the application had 96814 where the "9" looked like a "0" , its no fault of the SSA that they issued a CT number to him. And having read applications for simple registration forms filled out for contests, there are times when someone's numbers didn't look like what they were supposed to be.

He is left handed, and I have yet to meet a left-hander that wrote nicely (I'm left handed, and I can't write nicely).

Quote:
Bill O’Reilly stated "His father lived In Connecticut for several years…babies sometimes get numbers based on addresses provided by their parents."
bill is wrong on this. His father didn't live in CT at all. He attended Harvard (not in CT) and then moved back to Kenya after he graduated.

Quote:
The Social Security thing - probably not his right number,
or a typo error, right?

a typo. one that could be easily made by the person who entered his application, or by the form with his zip code looking like 06814 instead of 96814
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies