U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 10:40 PM

12,775 posts, read 9,454,285 times

Advertisements

In line with Obama being untrustworthy, to put it nicely, take a look at this.

Why do 3 supporters own Obama's home?

Listed as property tax payers for family's Chicago mansion

Why do 3 supporters own Obama's home?
it just keeps coming............

Read more: Why do 3 supporters own Obama's home?http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=289501#ixzz1KPNGx3Ow

Old 04-23-2011, 10:41 PM

19,125 posts, read 9,088,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
...certain information can be made available to anyone in a non-certified manner.]
certification ( state seal and signature of registrar ) is required to meet federal standards for proof of birth documentation.

1,777 posts, read 1,157,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
That does not explain WHY the change was made!

Can you tell me what is going on? Has the policy been changed to protect Obama? Why did Governor Lingle say that Obama had an original vital record but Governor Abercrombie says he doesn’t? Was it made to disappear, or, as former Elections Clerk Tim Adams has stated, did one never exist?
I'm going to just point out the factual misstatements in this one paragraph to highlight why birthers should not have their assertions taken at face value.

1. Abercrombie has never said that Obama doesn't have "an original vital record." Ms. Rondeau here is basing that assertion off of a WND headline which falsely claimed that Abercrombie couldn't find Obama's original birth certificate. In truth, Abercrombie stated in an interview that they had it.
2. Tim Adams didn't state that no birth certificate for Obama exists, he states that he was told by others (without saying who he was told this by) that it didn't exist. He had no access to DoH records while serving as a temporary elections clerk.

Highcotton seems to think this paragraph very important since he highlighted it in red. Unfortunately, the highlight does its job - it highlights how utterly baseless birther theories are.

6,131 posts, read 6,252,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
format for proof of birth documents change regularly. this is true for every state. the current hawaiian format meets with all federal requirements.
Your verbage does not come close to answering WHY Hawaii changed their policy of receiving a LONG-FORM from them all of a sudden.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
format for proof of birth documents change regularly. this is true for every state. the current hawaiian format meets with all federal requirements.
I see a white flag in your pocket, hold it up so we all can see

Old 04-23-2011, 10:46 PM

7,541 posts, read 5,152,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It's not the same form.
It is the same form.

Quote:
You used to be able to request the long form, now you can't.
Not according to the forms I've provided. You of course can counter this by providing the form that you could request it. Make sure that it was a form that was provided in the last 2 months.

Oh wait, you can't, because you are relying on the made up story of an anonymous man.

Quote:
When and why did they change it
they didn't. The form has been teh same since 2005. I've provided proof that its been the same since 2005. You however are relying on the anonymous claim of a man who supposedly stated that hte form contained a "check" box. I lived there for 30+ years, and ordered my COLB no less than 3 times. Never once there was a check box to check anything.

You are relying on the hearsay testimony of an anonymous source's story that was told to Miki Booth (who is a birther) who told it toe the Pest and Efail (which is a known racist, birther site).

I have posted the aCTUAL form and linked to the online version. They match.

ANd when I'm in Hawaii next week, I'll drop by to see if they have changed the form (but I'm not holding my breath that they did)

Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I'm going to just point out the factual misstatements in this one paragraph to highlight why birthers should not have their assertions taken at face value.

1. Abercrombie has never said that Obama doesn't have "an original vital record." Ms. Rondeau here is basing that assertion off of a WND headline which falsely claimed that Abercrombie couldn't find Obama's original birth certificate. In truth, Abercrombie stated in an interview that they had it.
2. Tim Adams didn't state that no birth certificate for Obama exists, he states that he was told by others (without saying who he was told this by) that it didn't exist. He had no access to DoH records while serving as a temporary elections clerk.

Highcotton seems to think this paragraph very important since he highlighted it in red. Unfortunately, the highlight does its job - it highlights how utterly baseless birther theories are.
Now you are not being truthful, or you are just mistaken. Abercrombie, being such a big fan of Obama's, wanted to prove the birther's wrong. I'll go see it! He couldn't, because it wasn't there. Now you say, he claims they had it - you will need to provide a link, that is not how the story goes. They are changing their stories, but I haven't heard your version. LINK
Secondly, Adams had access to most all the records (as he states in the video I provided a few pages back) - he was told by his boss that Obama's birth certificate does not exist. He does not say who his boss was, for obvious reasons. He goes on to say "everybody knew it didn't exist" or something to that effect.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:50 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,315,789 times
Why can't we just leave the birthers to their delusional beliefs? In other words why don't
we quit feeding the trolls?

Old 04-23-2011, 10:54 PM

7,541 posts, read 5,152,389 times

How many times are you going to post the same story over and over again when it's shown to be a lie?

a report from an anonymous man through Miki Booth (a known birther) to the Post and Efail (a racist birther site).

I've posted the forms.

Prove them wrong by providing the form they used that has those check boxes

(you'll be hard pressed to do so since the form I posted, was the form I got in July of 2010)

Old 04-23-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
It is the same form.

Not according to the forms I've provided. You of course can counter this by providing the form that you could request it. Make sure that it was a form that was provided in the last 2 months.

Oh wait, you can't, because you are relying on the made up story of an anonymous man.

they didn't. The form has been teh same since 2005. I've provided proof that its been the same since 2005. You however are relying on the anonymous claim of a man who supposedly stated that hte form contained a "check" box. I lived there for 30+ years, and ordered my COLB no less than 3 times. Never once there was a check box to check anything.

You are relying on the hearsay testimony of an anonymous source's story that was told to Miki Booth (who is a birther) who told it toe the Pest and Efail (which is a known racist, birther site).

I have posted the aCTUAL form and linked to the online version. They match.

ANd when I'm in Hawaii next week, I'll drop by to see if they have changed the form (but I'm not holding my breath that they did)
Hold on there, I was just told that they changed the form in 2001 on this forum. I am simply asking for documentation of that change. I am being told here, that that is when they stopped issuing the long form. I need more proof than someone's testimonial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies