U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 01:33 PM

10,720 posts, read 16,901,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Actually, Trump becomes more competitive in the GOP primaries because of this. Obama gave Trump a gift: he made Trump look credible to Republicans by appearing to give in to Trump's demand for the birth certificate.
You would have a point if Obama immediately released the record when Trump first questioned it.Trump questioned this weeks ago. Obama didn't release his record then so it had nothing to do with giving in to Donald Trump.

It did have to do with the polling numbers. Due to Trump's publicly calling Obama out, the polls showed an increased number of Americans had begun to question the President's birth. That is what forced Obama to provide his birth certificate.

This hurts Trump because Trump was gambling and publicly doubted he was a citizen and assumed Obama wouldn't provide a birth certificate. When it was provided, it lowerd Trump's credibility because Trump was proven wrong.

We will see the polling numbers and see if Trump's support increases or falls. I'm claiming Trump's polling numbers will fall. If you are right, his numbers will increase, if I'm right, they will fall. Let's see what happens.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanLeader View Post
This is an oversimplified view of getting caught up in todays news issues.
And this was your way of dodging my points in my response and failing to address them because you couldn't

Old 04-27-2011, 01:36 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,625,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Sorry but Trump's plan backfired. He was hoping Obama would never release it while continuing to create doubt in the public's mind and ride the the success he created by separating himself from the other Republican potential candidates by being aggressive on the birther issue.

The problem is Obama provided the birth certificate and essentially removed whatever successful platform Trump was riding. Trump's response today is just damage control. Trump basically called Obama's bluff and was unsuccessful. In short, Trump played poker and lost.

I guarantee Trump's poll numbers will drop and he won't run for the Presidency. Just watch
Actually, I think it's the other way around. The argument
for Obama never to be able to release his long form was because he wasn't allowed to do it, under HI law.

We all know that is bunk. We all know an abstract
certification of live birth is a document that
acknowledges the "original" does exist in Vital records.

If anything, the media looks bad, for denial
that the "original" is not the actual proof of
confirmation of one's live birth.

Trump is smarter than you think. If Obama didn't
produce it, he would look bad. Now, that he has,
Trump can take credit for being the one who got
him to do it.

I play Omaha HI/Low - Trump has a very good hand

Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 PM

Location: 22 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
23,433 posts, read 13,118,626 times
Quote:
Has Trump's credibility been so damaged too the point that he will bow out for a Presidential bid? Donald Trump rode the birther movement to popularity and the polls reflected that. Now that his platform and talking point has been destroyed, does Trump back since he was essentially proven wrong.
not to argue...but

trump won

he got obamy to do what he wanted..what he should have done 2 years ago..show his papers

he put to rest the garbage from the birthers (btw the birthers started with the clintons)..now on to the real issues...the issues of the clinton/bush/obama failures

Old 04-27-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Actually, I think it's the other way around. The argument
for Obama never to be able to release his long form was because he wasn't allowed to do it, under HI law.

We all know that is bunk. We all know an abstract
certification of live birth is a document that
acknowledges the "original" does exist in Vital records.

If anything, the media looks bad, for denial
that the "original" is not the actual proof of
confirmation of one's live birth.

Trump is smarter than you think. If Obama didn't
produce it, he would look bad. Now, that he has,
Trump can take credit for being the one who got
him to do it.

I play Omaha HI/Low - Trump has a very good hand
Trump is obviously a narcissist, his response was predictable. He is not going to admit he was wrong and will naturally spin it to his favor.

Anyway, we can go back and forth on this issue but the polls will see which of us is right. If you are right, his numbers will increase and he make a bid for the Presidency.

If I'm right, his numbers will fall and he won't run for the Presidency. Trump is in for a rude awakening. You will see. Both the media and the polls are going to eat him alive for calling Obama's bluff and being proven wrong. Trump was a one trick pony (birther issue)

Old 04-27-2011, 01:43 PM

7,215 posts, read 7,606,495 times
Trump isn't going to run. I believe this is all just a publicity stunt for himself and nothing more.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not to argue...but

trump won

he got obamy to do what he wanted..what he should have done 2 years ago..show his papers

he put to rest the garbage from the birthers (btw the birthers started with the clintons)..now on to the real issues...the issues of the clinton/bush/obama failures
The polls will determine if you are right. If he won, then his polling numbers will improve. I don't think you will see that. I think he lost credibility among the American people for putting his foot in his mouth.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:45 PM

59 posts, read 214,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Won't be the MAIN theme - obama's $3+ trillion in spending and the hole he has dug will be, along with every other aspect of the economy.

Based on the latest poll, a MAJORITY of Americans think he might not have been born here.
Actually the poll you are talking about said a majority of REPUBLICANS think he might not have been born here. Blame or credit Fox News for that. A majority still believe Obama is a US Citizen.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:46 PM

19,891 posts, read 15,834,342 times
Quote:
Trump went beyond just asking. He called Obama out and said he didn't believe he was a U.S. Citizen. Trump is now trying to spin it and evade embarrassment for being proven wrong.

The reason Obama produced the birth certificate is because Trump's influence affected the polls.Trump lended legitimacy to the birther movement and he caused more Americans to question it. If the polls were unaffected, it wouldn't matter if who questioned his birth.
What kind of weak sister is Obama? The guy ignored the issue for 2 years but when goaded by Trump, crumbles.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:46 PM

4,182 posts, read 5,673,303 times
Quote:
You would have a point if Obama immediately released the record when Trump first questioned it.Trump questioned this weeks ago. Obama didn't release his record then so it had nothing to do with giving in to Donald Trump.

It did have to do with the polling numbers. Due to Trump's publicly calling Obama out, the polls showed an increased number of Americans had begun to question the President's birth. That is what forced Obama to provide his birth certificate.

This hurts Trump because Trump was gambling and publicly doubted he was a citizen and assumed Obama wouldn't provide a birth certificate. When it was provided, it lowerd Trump's credibility because Trump was proven wrong.

We will see the polling numbers and see if Trump's support increases or falls. I'm claiming Trump's polling numbers will fall. If you are right, his numbers will increase, if I'm right, they will fall. Let's see what happens.
My view that Trump becomes more credible in the eyes of Republicans is supported by some of the posts on this very thread from people who are already praising Trump for "pressuring" Obama. Whether Obama intended to boost Trump's stock is probably irrelevant.....but the effect is beneficial to Obama. With Trump becoming a serious contender for the GOP nomination, Romney will not have an easy time at it. Trump has the money to match Romney's money. He has the name to match Romney's name. Trump is a wild card as well, and in an act of desperation, stupidity, or both - the GOP may yet nominate Trump over the boring Mormon Romney. The GOP is a stupid party anyway (see Bush, Palin, Bachmann, etc), and I will not put it past them to do something stupid like nominating Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies