U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 12:39 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,302,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
I don't have to be a conspiracy theorist or a right winger to know that all you have is hearsay and blind faith.
Hearsay and blind faith? Have you forgotten the name of the man occupying the Oval Office LOL!

Old 03-30-2011, 12:50 PM

9,312 posts, read 5,582,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not to mention the fact that I was with my niece (U Chicago student) when she was applying for a passport for study abroad next year, and they would not accept her short form BC as evidence of citizenship because it does not list her parents' birthplace.
This is b.s. My daughter is studying abroad this summer, (NIU student) and we recently got her a passport using her short form birth certificate, issued by the State of Illinois. There was no problem whatsoever using this form, despite the fact that neither my nor her father's birthplace is listed anywhere on it.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:54 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is b.s. My daughter is studying abroad in Rome this summer, (NIU student) and we recently got her a passport using her short form birth certificate, issued by the State of Illinois. There was no problem whatsoever using this form, despite the fact that neither my nor her father's birthplace is listed anywhere on it.
Right on, this whole birther conspiracy theory nonsense is all BS.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:05 PM

6,400 posts, read 6,497,983 times
Quote:
This is b.s. My daughter is studying abroad this summer, (NIU student) and we recently got her a passport using her short form birth certificate, issued by the State of Illinois. There was no problem whatsoever using this form, despite the fact that neither my nor her father's birthplace is listed anywhere on it.
Shall we see what the US Government says is required to obtain a passport?

Quote:
Beginning April 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of State will require the full names of the applicantís parent(s) to be listed on all certified birth certificates to be considered as primary evidence of U.S. citizenship for all passport applicants, regardless of age. Certified birth certificates missing this information will not be acceptable as evidence of citizenship. This will not affect applications already in-process that have been submitted or accepted before the effective date.

For more information, see 22 CFR 51.42(a).
To obtain a new birth certificate, see the CDC.

In addition to this requirement, certified copies of birth certificates must also include the following information to be considered acceptable primary evidence of U.S. citizenship:
  • Full name of the applicant
  • Date of birth
  • Place of birth
  • Raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal of issuing authority
  • Registrarís signature
  • The date the certificate was filed with the registrarís office (must be within one year)

Old 03-30-2011, 01:06 PM

18,681 posts, read 14,804,749 times
Quote:
Yes, they do. All you have to do is request a certified copy of the long form. Obama could do that, yet he refuses. It's quite clear Obama has no respect for the office of POTUS or for the American people, and Trump will continue to hammer that point.

HDOH's Okubo, again: "I am not aware of any birth certificate records that have been destroyed by the department. When the department went electronic in 2001, vital records, whether in paper form or any other form, were maintained. We don't destroy records."

Certified copies of long form birth certificates typically look exactly like the one Trump released (dark background, white lettering as they are produced from the archived negative image), including those from Hawaii:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_DawJTCHuL3c/TX...gif?imgmax=800
Earlier in the thread you were shown a link to how to order a certified birth certificate in Hawaii, if you would have looked at that link, you would have noticed it does NOT give you an option to order a long form. hat you get is what they give you, you have no choice in the matter. And what you get is a LEGAL CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE, which is EXACTLY what Obama got.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:08 PM

18,681 posts, read 14,804,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
In less than 6 months time; "The political action committee 'Obama for America' paid $1,066,691.90 to the Perkins Coie law firm between Oct. 16, 2008 and March 30, 2009, to fight every request to release Obama's original birth records."

To-date it is estimated that over $3 million has been spent on legal costs to fight the release of Obama's vault/long-form birth certificate.

All that time, effort and money spent over a $10 birth certificate! Why? Because Obama needs to hide the simple fact of 'where' he was born, which the vault/long-form birth certificate will no doubt prove that he is ineligible to hold the office of the POTUS.

LOL Conservpedia???

His ACTUAL LEGAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE, which is what he released, shows he was born in Hawaii.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:19 PM

84,958 posts, read 98,776,620 times
Quote:
As can I.

Not to mention the fact that I was with my niece (U Chicago student) when she was applying for a passport for study abroad next year, and they would not accept her short form BC as evidence of citizenship because it does not list her parents' birthplace. That info is required on the DS-11 passport application. The State Dept even says: Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.
Fine. You and the tuna were born in Illiniois where that is an option. My state (PA) gave me a short form in 1965. Nebraska gave DH a long form sometime in the early 80s. We both got passports with these different documents.

You need to note that the State Dept says "some" short versions. . . "may" not be acceptable. Now I don't work for them; I don't know what they're talking about, but I got a passport with a PA short form.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:37 PM

9,312 posts, read 5,582,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Shall we see what the US Government says is required to obtain a passport?[/list]
Thank you, you have proven my point regarding the original poster who claimed his/her niece couldn't get a passport in Illinois using the short form, as this new requirement, according to your link, hasn't even gone into effect yet.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:44 PM

6,400 posts, read 6,497,983 times
Quote:
Thank you, you have proven my point regarding the original poster who claimed his/her niece couldn't get a passport in Illinois using the short form, as this new requirement, according to your link, hasn't even gone into effect yet.
You're welcome. The short form is perfectly acceptable in almost all cases, and it will be amended, I am sure, to meet the requirements of the US State Dept for passport issuance.

Which will likely open up a new can of worms.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:46 PM

84,958 posts, read 98,776,620 times
You know, I have seen the "real" long form in Illinois, where I worked at a public health dept that was also a registrar of births, and I don't know if the long form given out to the public has all the information that is collected, e.g. mother and father's educational levels, etc. How 'bout it tuna and IC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies