U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-19-2011, 11:05 AM
 
1,777 posts, read 1,156,043 times
Reputation: 589

Advertisements

Quote:
However, what was his nation of citizenship at the time he enrolled in Occidental College?
What reason do you have to believe beyond pure speculation and conspiracy theory that it was anything other than American?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Since you are so sure that the citizenship listed on his Occidental enrollment forms has been debunked, or whatever you people call it, how about posting it here for me to see, since I have never seen that one and won't because you can't let things like that go. We have Truth in Information about nuclear bombs but not about things of real importance like this. Why?
Considering that the rumor about Occidental was started by somebody playing an April Fool's Joke, it's constantly amusing how birthers are incapable of letting anything go.

I also heard that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990, but since posters here always say they're so sure it has been debunked, or whatever you people call it, how about posting proof here for me to see, since I have never seen that one and won't because you can't let things like that go. We have Truth in Information about nuclear bombs but not about things of real importance like this. Why?

 
Old 03-19-2011, 11:05 AM
 
19,216 posts, read 12,461,938 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
He doesn't have Dual nationality. He lost it when he became 21 years of age. That was almost 30 years ago. That's 3 decades to not recognize a citizenship he never really realized he had.
Quite likely, at one time, he had dual virginity.

When he lost either, and to whom, has still not been revealed.

Last edited by ergohead; 03-19-2011 at 11:22 AM..
 
Old 03-19-2011, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 27,023,644 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
What reason do you have to believe beyond pure speculation and conspiracy theory that it was anything other than American?



Considering that the rumor about Occidental was started by somebody playing an April Fool's Joke, it's constantly amusing how birthers are incapable of letting anything go.

I also heard that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990, but since posters here always say they're so sure it has been debunked, or whatever you people call it, how about posting proof here for me to see, since I have never seen that one and won't because you can't let things like that go. We have Truth in Information about nuclear bombs but not about things of real importance like this. Why?
Tell me when your rumor came about and I will check with the police that had to be involved. I am not allowed to see his enrollment forms at Occidental because he doesn't want that known or just wants to use everything that causes us to be divided to remain in effect. Yep, I think that old Doug Plouffe enjoys this division that could be settled in a moment with the release of any one of several closed records.
 
Old 03-19-2011, 11:18 AM
 
1,777 posts, read 1,156,043 times
Reputation: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Tell me when your rumor came about and I will check with the police that had to be involved.
This article contains the original email chain this rumor came from.

FactCheck.org: Has a "smoking gun" been found to prove Obama was not born a U.S. citizen? Did he attend Occidental College on a scholarship for foreign students? (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/has_a_smoking_gun_been_found_to.html - broken link)

Quote:
April 1, 2009

AP- WASHINGTON D.C. - In a move certain to fuel the debate over Obama’s qualifications for the presidency, the group “Americans for Freedom of Information” has released copies of President Obama’s college transcripts from Occidental College. Released today, the transcript indicates that Obama, under the name Barry Soetoro, received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia as an undergraduate at the school. The transcript was released by Occidental College in compliance with a court order in a suit brought by the group in the Superior Court of California. The transcript shows that Obama (Soetoro) applied for financial aid and was awarded a fellowship for foreign students from the Fulbright Foundation Scholarship program. To qualify, for the scholarship, a student must claim foreign citizenship. This document would seem to provide the smoking gun that many of Obama’s detractors have been seeking.


Quote:
This chain e-mail is a transparent April Fools' Day hoax. It fabricates an AP news story about an nonexistent group, and makes false claims about Obama and the Fulbright program.
I'm not surprised that birthers are incapable of telling when something is an April Fool's Joke, take it seriously, and then run with it earnestly.

For example:

Obama, McCain comedy riffs; Obama middle name really "Steve" Transcripts - Lynn Sweet

In October 2008, Obama and McCain attended the Al Smith dinner, a chance for both candidates to go before a bunch of bigwigs and tell some dumb jokes. At this dinner, Obama said:

Quote:
But in the spirit of full disclosure, there are a few October surprises you'll be finding out about in the coming weeks. First of all, my middle name is not what you think. It's actually Steve. That's right. Barack Steve Obama.

Here's another revelation -- John McCain is on to something. There was a point in my life when I started palling around with a pretty ugly crowd. I've got to be honest. These guys were serious deadbeats. They were lowlifes, they were unrepentant, no-good punks. That's right. I've been a member of the United States Senate. Come to think of it, John, I swear I saw you at one of our meetings.
Only a birther would take that literally, but there are birthers who do!

UIPA REQUEST CONFIRMS QUIP, EXPLAINS MULTIPLE ORIGINAL VITAL RECORDS OF BARACK OBAMA

THE BIG FEED: Is Barack Obama's Real Name "Steve"?

His name is “Steve Dunham”!| The Post & Email

http://americangrandjury.org/barack-obama-his-name-is-steve-dunham (broken link)

Four websites of birthers taking that seriously.

Quote:
I am not allowed to see his enrollment forms at Occidental because he doesn't want that known or just wants to use everything that causes us to be divided to remain in effect. Yep, I think that old Doug Plouffe enjoys this division that could be settled in a moment with the release of any one of several closed records.
Obama's education records are protected by the same privacy laws that protect every American. And yes, if I was Doug Plouffe, and I saw that a majority of the GOP had people who subscribe to conspiracy theories based on April Fool's jokes and take comedy bits literally, I wouldn't do a thing. Never stop your opponent when he's making a fool of himself.
 
Old 03-19-2011, 12:20 PM
 
6,779 posts, read 6,854,548 times
Reputation: 6938
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
This article contains the original email chain this rumor came from.

FactCheck.org: Has a "smoking gun" been found to prove Obama was not born a U.S. citizen? Did he attend Occidental College on a scholarship for foreign students? (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/has_a_smoking_gun_been_found_to.html - broken link)

[/font]



I'm not surprised that birthers are incapable of telling when something is an April Fool's Joke, take it seriously, and then run with it earnestly.

For example:

Obama, McCain comedy riffs; Obama middle name really "Steve" Transcripts - Lynn Sweet

In October 2008, Obama and McCain attended the Al Smith dinner, a chance for both candidates to go before a bunch of bigwigs and tell some dumb jokes. At this dinner, Obama said:



Only a birther would take that literally, but there are birthers who do!

UIPA REQUEST CONFIRMS QUIP, EXPLAINS MULTIPLE ORIGINAL VITAL RECORDS OF BARACK OBAMA

THE BIG FEED: Is Barack Obama's Real Name "Steve"?

His name is “Steve Dunham”!| The Post & Email

http://americangrandjury.org/barack-obama-his-name-is-steve-dunham (broken link)

Four websites of birthers taking that seriously.



Obama's education records are protected by the same privacy laws that protect every American. And yes, if I was Doug Plouffe, and I saw that a majority of the GOP had people who subscribe to conspiracy theories based on April Fool's jokes and take comedy bits literally, I wouldn't do a thing. Never stop your opponent when he's making a fool of himself.
ROTFL, this is hysterical. I have seen jokes about conspiracy believers on TV shows, I always assumed they were going way overboard in making fun of them for comedy sake, but I guess not, some people will believe anything. WTH, people can't even tell jokes anymore without some idiot taking it seriously, and starting a website.
 
Old 03-19-2011, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
84,961 posts, read 98,776,620 times
Reputation: 31371
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
However, what was his nation of citizenship at the time he enrolled in Occidental College? Somehow, I don't remember anything about that one being made public in all that debunking you people talk about.
He graduated from high school in Hawaii, under the name "Barack Obama". So much for thinking he was "Barry Soetoro" or some such. There is no evidence that he ever carried Indonesian citizenship, as much as the birthers want to believe it so.
 
Old 03-19-2011, 02:20 PM
 
8,640 posts, read 7,731,598 times
Reputation: 2854
I am glad Trimp stated his thoughts. maybe more people will start demanding hussein obama be more transparent. The great thing is all these states making sure this question will never have to come up again.
 
Old 03-19-2011, 04:33 PM
 
7,541 posts, read 5,144,884 times
Reputation: 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Since you are so sure that the citizenship listed on his Occidental enrollment forms has been debunked
I never stated that.


the very law that protects your privacy from who knows who gets to see your school records are the same laws that PROTECT him and his records.

BTW, its YOUR claim (well birthers claims) that his school forms would say something other than he was a US Citizen. Don't shift the proof to those that say otherwise.

YOUR Claim, you prove that his enrollment forms says that he was there as a foreigner.

Oh damn, you can't because its an unfounded claim


His school records are not important, btw. its just red herring arguments that actually has no bearing on his US citizenship status.


his Birth certificate, the one that was given to him by the State Of Hawaii is all that matters.
 
Old 03-19-2011, 05:20 PM
 
19,216 posts, read 12,461,938 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I never stated that.


the very law that protects your privacy from who knows who gets to see your school records are the same laws that PROTECT him and his records.

BTW, its YOUR claim (well birthers claims) that his school forms would say something other than he was a US Citizen. Don't shift the proof to those that say otherwise.

YOUR Claim, you prove that his enrollment forms says that he was there as a foreigner.

Oh damn, you can't because its an unfounded claim


His school records are not important, btw. its just red herring arguments that actually has no bearing on his US citizenship status.


his Birth certificate, the one that was given to him by the State Of Hawaii is all that matters.
He's public property.

I'm his employer.

And, I want a complete background check done on him.

Have it on my desk on Monday morning.
 
Old 03-19-2011, 05:26 PM
 
7,541 posts, read 5,144,884 times
Reputation: 1831
news for you. Slavery ended. join us in the 21st century
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top