U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 11:20 AM

19,125 posts, read 9,069,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Typos (mistakes) left in place often create duplicates. Not a good thing. I wonder how many other SS numbers come from Hawaii with the "0" prefix instead of "9". Hmmmm....
the chances of obama's SS# also being issued to another person is as likely as either of ours being reissued.

as for how many people in hawaii have a connecticut SS# prefix....... i'm sure not many if any. on a national level tho i'm sure that there are many with a prefix code different then where they applied ( or obama would be a 1:450,000,000 fluke ).

to believe that there is something behind the SS# prefix would require involvement on the part of the social security administration. again, a massive government conspiracy.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:45 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,457,579 times
Who cares? Oh I know, those who constantly kiss the behinds of the wealthy, like bunch of house slaves. Just because someone is wealthy, doesn't automatically mean that they have the best interest of the country at heart, but the response from the right and their willingnesss to vote against their interests isn't surprising. However, I am surprised at Trump stooping to this level. Not that I was a fan but that is low, even for him. I just may stop watching celebrity apprentice.

As for those of you who pretend to feed into the birther BS, give it a break. For those questioning why people haven't come forward that grew up with the POTUS, there were some but clearly they don't prove your BS case so you dismiss them and post edited videos of people allegedly saying that the POTUS was born in Kenya. Get a life...smh.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:20 PM

84,965 posts, read 98,814,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I hate to even say this, 'cause I am not a
birther, but a "Certificate of Live Birth" is not
the same as an official "Birth Certificate" with a
doctor's signature, etc.
It has been elucidated on these various threads
what a "Certificate of Live Birth" actually is.
If you believe that, you are a birther.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:25 PM

18,686 posts, read 14,812,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I hate to even say this, 'cause I am not a
birther, but a "Certificate of Live Birth" is not
the same as an official "Birth Certificate" with a
doctor's signature, etc.
It has been elucidated on these various threads
what a "Certificate of Live Birth" actually is.
Wrong, it IS an official birth certificate. Its what the state of Hawaii provides and has provided since 2001 when their records all became computerized.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,276,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Actually, except and after-the-fact, pro-forma 2007 short form certificate, there is no evidence Obama was born in the U.S. Frankly, I am with his wife Michelle on this one. She stated he was born in Kenya, and that is good enough for me, in the absence of other evidence.

Trump will make a fine President if he runs. He will absolutely, slice, dice and puree' Obama in the debates.
Trump will? Please. Obama is so smart, he has people STILL talking about where he was born.

Why do you suppose Obama doesn't show his birth certificate? The reason is simple. Average Americans associate birthers with two things; nutiness and the Republican party. The more people talk about where Obama is born, the better for Obama and the Democratic party in general.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:59 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,279,875 times
I wonder if the anti-illegal immigration crowd will demand that Donald Trump's Ukranian mail order bride show her immigration papers.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:02 AM

13,155 posts, read 16,876,580 times
NOBODY has taken note of the fact that IF he wins he has to be sworn in
again, BUT ALL CANDIDATES RUNNING need to be certified eligible. What a
great opportunity to RIGHT NOW start a campaign to have every announced
Republican candidate for the office proudly display a certified original of
their actual birth certificate upon announcing for running. Put the pressure
on RIGHT NOW since he's just announced and keep on pushing
it.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,156,448 times
Quote:
NOBODY has taken note of the fact that IF he wins he has to be sworn in
again, BUT ALL CANDIDATES RUNNING need to be certified eligible. What a
great opportunity to RIGHT NOW start a campaign to have every announced
Republican candidate for the office proudly display a certified original of
their actual birth certificate upon announcing for running. Put the pressure
on RIGHT NOW since he's just announced and keep on pushing
it.
David Axelrod would love nothing more than for every Republican candidate to come off as a nutty birther and that the leadership of the party actually believes in this bizarre conspiracy theory rather than just playing footsie with them all the time.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:23 AM

13,155 posts, read 16,876,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
David Axelrod would love nothing more than for every Republican candidate to come off as a nutty birther and that the leadership of the party actually believes in this bizarre conspiracy theory rather than just playing footsie with them all the time.
That's all the left can do - describe the opposition as nutty and extreme. They have nothing else to fall back upon except name-calling, as Pelosi and Reid did (and still do). The rest of the left follows like sheep, as if the public is stupid enough to respond to their invention of silly names for those they do not agree with. Whatever happened to respectful disagreement on the issues?

So, what is wrong with each candidate showing their eligibility? Is that unreasonable?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,156,448 times
Quote:
That's all the left can do - describe the opposition as nutty and extreme.
The leader of the birther movement is Orly Taitz. Have you been to her website lately? She's a nutcase! When every single bit of evidence points to that conclusion, it's hard not to just say that.

I don't know of any birther leader that hasn't spread beliefs in a half-dozen other conspiracy theories, including a bizarre interpretation of the natural born citizen clause that no current judge, congressman, constitutional scholar or law professor agrees with. Many leading birther websites wrote serious posts on their websites wondering if Obama's name was actually "Steve" because he once told a joke saying that during a dinner.

I don't describe everybody as nutty. Reasonable people can disagree over the health care reform bill and how to balance the budget. Birthers, however, are nuts. At this point, they are either profoundly ignorant of the facts, are allowing themselves to be lied to because it matches their pre-conceived notions, or are lying to themselves because it's what they want to believe

Quote:
So, what is wrong with each candidate showing their eligibility? Is that unreasonable?
Obama posted his birth certificate on his website almost three years ago. The fact that some people don't think it's good enough means absolutely nothing to the question of whether he has proven his eligibility.

Also, can you name a single president in history before Obama who publicly disclosed his birth certificate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies