Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 11:08 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,378,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
no question that identity theft happens frequently on a daily basis. what doesn't happen in those cases is the level of scrutiny that happens in a presidential election.

again, for obama to be using a SS# that wasn't issued to him would require the cooperation of the social security administration. that is the definition of conspiracy.

if i'm wrong please state how you believe so.
I have not been following this conversation but the President of the USA DOES NOT OWE YOU his personal info. That's what many of you fail to realize. The president does not owe you ANY of his documents!!!! Get over it and hopefully get back to your lives!!! Hopefully you have a life to get back to!

Old 04-23-2011, 11:14 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,193,488 times
still flipping the results of that poll, 57% not 43%.

you know when someone resorts to lying on a serial basis they end up with ZERO credibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, just to remind all you of where the "birther" meme came from. NOT the GOP.

Birtherism: Where it all began - Ben Smith and Byron Tau - POLITICO.com

You know, based on the latest polls on the issue, I bet a bunch of "birther" are actually democrats. Only 43% are sure he was born in the US and that is a sample with just 25% of republicans.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:16 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
That's a stretch - what president has not been forthcoming
with their records?
Maybe you could POST some stuff the others have released? We know that Bush's college transcripts were leaked, then Kerry either released his or they were leaked as well, depending on the source. It is a matter of public record that McCain was near the bottom of his graduating class at Annapolis. Joe Biden has said he didn't have the best grades ever in college.

None of the other presidents have ever posted a BC; none of the rest have ever, to my knowledge, posted college transcripts, let alone kindergarten records, high school records, college apps, client lists (from those who were/are lawyers), name of best man at wedding, names of groomsmen at wedding, parents' marriage and divorce records, baptism records, blah, blah, blah that birthers want from Obama.

In re: health matters, this has become much more transparent than in the past. I have posted before, I believe on this thread, about medical problems that Lincoln, Woodrow Wison, FDR, JFK and others had that we didn't know about at the time. John McCain released some, not all, his medical records from his captivity, and they were heavily redacted. Obama released a letter from his doctor, as did Sarah Palin from hers.

But bring it on! Show me all these records these other presidents have released! We keep hearing about them, but never seeing them.

Quote:
Employer Filing Instructions & Information - Social Security Number Allocations

Since 1973, social security numbers have been issued by our central office. The first three (3) digits of a person's social security number are determined by the ZIP Code of the mailing address shown on the application for a social security number. Prior to 1973, social security numbers were assigned by our field offices. The number merely established that his/her card was issued by one of our offices in that State.

The social security number: okay it's a typo - should not
have been CT, but HI. Someone typed a 0 instead of
a 9.

You know, I never paid attention to Obama much. I
didn't vote for him. I was more concerned with Bush's
policies, and just hoping McCain/Palin didn't get elected.

So, this birther stuff is new to me. But sure seems like
a lot of mistakes on records, for a guy his age.

This for instance:

Saw a copy of his selective service card on the internet.
Just wondering why it's signed on the 30th of June 1980,
but it was stamped June 29, 1980. Did they stamp
it a day before he came in It also has the no I.D. box
checked. Or is this a fraudulent document too, doctored up by someone on the internet, or is it even his?
I'm finding the whole thing curious - Just like Donald
Trump I should really smack myself
Re: the SSN, did you miss this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
From the comment section of that article. (Mind you this is from a DENVER TV station.)

"My son was born in Duluth, Minn. in 1986. His social security # starts with 042 ."
SS numbers are not intended to indicate any "special code".
You're making an issue of something stamped on one date but signed a day earlier? I'm sorry, that's simply a non-issue.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:29 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,376,295 times
Anyone who thinks President Obama wasn't born in Hawaii at this point is mentally retarded, and not worth engaging in a discussion.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:34 AM

26,554 posts, read 14,400,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Hollister said the Social Security number on what he says is Obama’s draft registration begins with the numbers 042, which would be issued to someone born in Connecticut, not Hawaii.
the SS# prefix has nothing to do with where a person was born

Significance in the numbers assigned to the Social Security number

Old 04-23-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The other thing no one has come up with is a copy of the passport Soetero/Obama used in the early 80's to travel to Pakistan. There is question as to whether it was an American passport, or a Thai passport.
thai? that's a new one. what connection does the president have to thailand?

the rumor is usually that the president travelled to pakistan on an indonesian passport in the early 80's because entry to pakistan was banned for US citizens. two problems with this story:

A): obama was never eligible for indonesian citizenship.
Indonesian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and

B): there has never been a ban on US citizens to travel to pakistan.
LAHORE, A SURVIVOR WITH A BITTERSWEET HISTORY - NYTimes.com

Old 04-23-2011, 11:51 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
thai? that's a new one. what connection does the president have to thailand?

the rumor is usually that the president travelled to pakistan on an indonesian passport in the early 80's because entry to pakistan was banned for US citizens. two problems with this story:

A): obama was never eligible for indonesian citizenship.
Indonesian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and

B): there has never been a ban on US citizens to travel to pakistan.
LAHORE, A SURVIVOR WITH A BITTERSWEET HISTORY - NYTimes.com
This is just how such nonsense gets spread. Someone who doesn't know the difference between Indonesia and Thailand says "Obama had a Thai passport" and the next thing you know, it's all over the internet. People who won't believe the Republican governor of Hawaii will believe such pig slop.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No reason BO would have a selective service record since he would have been too young to be drafted before the draft was abolished.
"On July 2, 1980, however, President Carter signed Proclamation 4771, Registration Under the Military Selective Service Act, retroactively re-establishing the Selective Service registration requirement for all 18–26 year old male citizens born on or after January 1, 1960."

Selective Service System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-23-2011, 12:08 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,003,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe you could POST some stuff the others have released?
The person that comes to mind to me, is Geraldine
Ferraro and questions about her husband's finances.
It dominated the campaign. She did finally release
her husband's info.

Her husband pleaded guilty in January 1985, to fraudulently obtaining bank financing in a real estate transaction and had been sentenced to 150 hours of community service.

Ferraro said her husband never would have been charged had she not run for vice president.

The notion that Obama is the only one under this
type of scrutiny is plain wrong. Fairly, or unfairly,
when folks start asking questions publicly, they
want answers, whether they are entitled to them
or not. That's the media society/now internet world
we live in.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:16 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,003,681 times
Quote:
no question that identity theft happens frequently on a daily basis. what doesn't happen in those cases is the level of scrutiny that happens in a presidential election.

again, for obama to be using a SS# that wasn't issued to him would require the cooperation of the social security administration. that is the definition of conspiracy.

if i'm wrong please state how you believe so.
Who said Obama was using a S.S. not issued to him I thought the big deal was because
it was from Conn.

The S.S. administration is now almost completely
automated.

What ever Obama had in the '70's in regards to a
S.S. number, I assume he is still using it today.
There would have been no scrutiny of Obama back
then, thus no S.S. administration conspiracy today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.