Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 01:43 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times

Advertisements

Oh the Thumper pumper is so entertaining.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Old 04-24-2011, 01:51 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Uh no it didn't. Jefferson became a French Citizen after the adoption of the US Constitution.
Irrelevant!

He was a natural BORN citizen.

He didn't have dual citizenship at birth.

That's the rule.

Play by the rules.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:52 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
serial liar on top of everything else....
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

Old 04-24-2011, 01:58 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Obama needed a birth certificate to get a passport.
and has been told (which show that you are not reading the replies told to you). He had a passport since he was a child. HE WAS on his mother's passport for years, and all he would need to do is just RENEW his passport after that.

You do not need a BC to get a passport once you already have one.

I just renewed my passport, and I did it by snail mail. Not required to send in MY BC.

Quote:
He
states in his book he had/saw a birth certificate in High School - needed it to get a S.S. card.
And so what? that was 40+ years ago. He probably asked for it, took it down to the SSA office, got his SSN and returned it to his mother (who would normally have it)

I was only 16 when I learned that my parents didn't have my COLB since they lost it. I got a copy to get my job. I promptly gave it to my parents so they could hold on to it (of which they lost it again, so I asked for a new one in 1999 and then I lost it, and asked for a new one in 2006)

What 16 year old is concerned about a birth certificate? Isn't it the job of the parents to keep records safe?

You're making assumptions here that YOU would do. NOT what other people do.

YOU've been told by others in this very thread, that they have requested copies of these records because they themselves have lost theirs over the years, or never RECEIVED one in the first place.

Quote:
So, I would be curious to see a photocopy of his birth certificate stamped from an earlier period of time in his life.
He can't provide something that he doesn't have. Why do you think that he has it?

How does something he saw when he was in high school prove that he has it 40 years later?

Like I stated, I was 16 and never saw my original copy of my COLB and most likely never will (unless I decide to go to the DOH in Hawaii, stand in a line for 2 hours to do so. .. sorry I have better use of my vacation time in Hawaii).

BTW you have no right to see any documents unless they are publicly published. The COLB is a private document.

Quote:
I know Obama was not hatched from an egg. Everyone born in the 1960's has a paper trail. I do, you do, my husband does.
And so did Obama before 2007.
key word here: DID

HE did see it. Doesn't mean that he has it TODAY. that he HAS IT NOW.

Quote:
And, I've been reading this:

[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

There is a difference between COLBs issued to those who were born in hospitals with full documentation and those who were given Hawaiian birth status through an affidavit process.

Again, that was PASSED IN 1982...21 years after Obama was born. What part of this do you have a hard time understanding? That wouldn't apply to Obama because there was NO LAW in Hawaii about those born outside of the United States at the time of his birth. YOU couldn't get a COLB in Hawaii if you were born in a foreign country. YOU simply had to rely on the Birth Certificate issued by your home country as identification and use that.

In 1982 when the law was passed, YOU THEN could take your Birth Certificate from another coutnry and get it entered into the Hawaii database, to be issued one that is formated to Hawaii's COLB. But guess what? YOUR place of BIRTH will states the COUNTRY you were born in

We've asked this of birthers, but maybe you can provide the evidence:

Please show us a COLB of a known person who was born in another country, that shows his/her place of birth as being in Hawaii.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:

So what????? We expect CNN, MessNBC, ABC, to be digging for any dirt they can throw on him. Your time would be better spent looking at the many times Pelosi and Obama play with the numbers - and theirs will be costing us billions, if not trillions into eternity.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:04 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Irrelevant!

He was a natural BORN citizen.

He didn't have dual citizenship at birth.

That's the rule.

Play by the rules.

Ahh see, the goalposts have shifted once more.

Then how was Kennedy qualified? He was a dual citizen AT BIRTH.

First birthers claim that you can't be dual citizen - yet Kennedy (Irish citizenship by birth) and Jefferson (naturalized French Citizen) are known dual citizens and yet they were presidents.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:05 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:

First birthers claim that you can't be dual citizen - yet Kennedy (Irish citizenship by birth) and Jefferson (naturalized French Citizen) are known dual citizens and yet they were presidents.
Your point?

Play by the rules.

I guess doing THAT would make you an alien to yourself.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:08 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:

First of all this isn't a "let's smear Trump" thread.
Second, regardless if he said it was 100 percent sold,
in 2006, if you had sold 3/4 of anything in Vegas -
would be almost a miracle. The economy there was
already falling. So, he's excited about his ventures.
So he puffs up his wealth. He is a business man.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:10 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
"Subject to the jurisdiction" means no divided loyalty. A British subject is under the jurisdiction of Britain. duh
Once again, we have a Birther making eligibility to the US presidency dependent on UK legislation. Wasn't there a brouhaha over that a couple of hundred years ago?

Old 04-24-2011, 02:12 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:

You are playing games. They both met the requirement of being born on U.S. soils, to 2 U.S. citizens. This isn't that hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies