Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 09:51 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,400,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'm not the President so it wouldn't matter if I
was born here or not, but if I decide to run....
I will post a photocopy
of my original birth certificate, as I have mine
It lists the date I was born, the time, my mother and fathers age, my parent's occupation, their address,
the doctor who delivered me, and the name of the hospital. You know, all
that kinda stuff that's on an original certificate of live
birth.

I'll even post copies of my foot prints, my
silver baby spoon with date and time of
birth on it, a photo of my bronze baby shoes,
and as a special memento: a copy of the silhouette painting they had done of my facial profile when I was a baby.
I guess my family went all out
when I was born

My Presidential platform: anti militarism, smaller government, and total transparency.
All of that is fantastic. If you decide to run you would do something no other presidential candidate in history has done before, just like Obama did. No other President in American history has publicly disclosed their birth certificate while in office. Your family apparently did go all out when you were born, and that's great. For the legal purposes of presidential eligibility, almost all of it is superfluous.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:07 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
All of that is fantastic. If you decide to run you would do something no other presidential candidate in history has done before, just like Obama did. No other President in American history has publicly disclosed their birth certificate while in office. Your family apparently did go all out when you were born, and that's great. For the legal purposes of presidential eligibility, almost all of it is superfluous.
Although it is true, no other president has been involved
in such a hounding for a release of a original birth certificate, there have been many others who were questioned about citizenship. Legally, I'm a US citizen over the age of 35 so I can run for president. But why, anyone would want that job - is beyond me. Maybe, that's why we have such slim pickings.

But history changes. So too, is what is expected of
those in public office, in regards to disclosure. Look
at Geraldine Ferraro - and release of her husband's
financial records in 1984.

Just like I never thought I'd see two presidential candidates being questioned by the likes of Rick Warren.

And, after all, it was Obama himself, who ran on transparency.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:12 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Although it is true, no other president has been involved
in such a hounding for a release of a original birth certificate, there have been many others who were questioned about citizenship. Legally, I'm a US citizen over the age of 35 so I can run for president. But why, anyone would want that job - is beyond me. Maybe, that's why we have such slim pickings.

But history changes. So too, is what is expected of
those in public office, in regards to disclosure. Look
at Geraldine Ferraro - and release of her husband's
financial records in 1984.

Just like I never thought I'd see two presidential candidates being questioned by the likes of Rick Warren.

And, after all, it was Obama himself, who ran on transparency.
Ferraro's husband was committing fraud. I don't remember the exact details of it, but she did stay on the ticket.

Who else has been questioned about citizenship? Name one, preferaby one for whom the questioning went on for 3+ years.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:17 PM

22,157 posts, read 19,397,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
To meet a legitimate standard, we need witnesses, the name of the hospital, and the attending physician. I even have a baby book, with pictures and writing about what I was like at 2, 4 etc. Obama has zip, zero, nada. I have my grades, the names of some of my teachers (nuns). Kids get sick and break things, yet there are no doctor records for Barry. Somethin stinks.
Doctor records from 40 years ago? You do realize that this little thing called a law does not require that correct?

You also realize that your so called "legitimate standard" is also not what is required under the law. Everything that is required by the State Dept to prove a legal birth certificate is on Obama's form. Sorry, but the legal standard isn't what claudhopper says it is, the legal standard is what the U.S State Dept requires.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:21 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,542,487 times
Fraud in the USA

YouTube - TheDrRJP's Channel

Old 04-24-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I do not believe that Obama was born in the United States. Doesn't matter to me who else says he was. If that makes me "stupid" to those who think he is a US citizen, I don't care.
So you are admitting you do not believe in the law or legal documents then??

Old 04-24-2011, 10:24 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Ferraro's husband was committing fraud. I don't remember the exact details of it, but she did stay on the ticket.

Who else has been questioned about citizenship? Name one, preferaby one for whom the questioning went on for 3+ years.
Initially, it was simply the stereotype that her husband was
Italian and must be in the mob, that spurred the
inquiries. It turned out it was improper financing with
a real estate transaction. That went on pretty much
the whole time her and Mondale campaigned.

Obama is not being questioned repeatedly about it.
In fact he makes jokes about it during campaign
speeches. I don't think anyone will make it the
main campaign issue when they run against him. Even trump has trumped himself out, saying quit asking me about Obama's birth certificate.

Donald Trump: I've Said My Piece On Obama's Birth Certificate (VIDEO) | TPMDC

Old 04-24-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Your not stupid. Many believe that way. After all, he has
not presented the original birth certificate. Only a document
showing there's another document.

If I was running for President, and folks were questioning
my citizenship, I'd be showing that original document
ASAP. Simply because it would make it a non issue.
It's really that simple.

YouTube - Gibbs Is A Jackass Show Us Your Long Form Birth Certificate Barry Soetoro Barack Obama
Hawaii does NOT provide the long form. They do not PERIOD. The COLB is not just a document that shows another document exists. Its a LEGAL AND STATE CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE THAT MEETS ALL U.S STATE DEPT REQUIREMENTS> Its a LEGAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE UNDER THE LAW. Why do you have such a difficult time understand the LAW and LEGAL DOCUMENTS??

Old 04-24-2011, 10:30 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Initially, it was simply the stereotype that her husband was
Italian and must be in the mob, that spurred the
inquiries. It turned out it was improper financing with
a real estate transaction. That went on pretty much
the whole time her and Mondale campaigned.

Obama is not being questioned repeatedly about it.
In fact he makes jokes about it during campaign
speeches. I don't think anyone will make it the
main campaign issue when they run against him. Even trump has trumped himself out, saying quit asking me about Obama's birth certificate.

Donald Trump: I've Said My Piece On Obama's Birth Certificate (VIDEO) | TPMDC
Oh, give me a break! The guy was convicted. We discussed this last night. I never got the impression it had anything to do with Italian stereotyping. I couldn't even tell you the guy's name. Where does this nonsense come from? It did not pretty much go on through the entire campaign. No one suggested she be removed from the ticket, or anything of the kind.

Obama isn't being questioned repeatedly about it? No, but jerks like Trump keep bringning it up,bringing it up, on and on and on. I have a beachfront home in Colorado to sell you if you think this isn't a big issue. Just look at the threads on CD. Get real! I was born on a Wednesday, but not this Wednesday. Do not expect any sane person to believe this is not a big issue with some people.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Hawaii senator questions Obama's true birth father

Quote:
He continued, "My belief is that there is a birth certificate, he was born here, but that there is information that for reasons known only to him he doesn't want released. If it were just the birth certificate, that would be one thing, but it's his school records, it's employment records. … Why would anybody, let alone the president of the United States, spend millions of dollars in legal fees to keep that hidden?"
So says a Hawaii GOP senator.

ALL his records are locked up tight. Unprecedented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.