Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 07:17 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
How is Trump neutral if he is planning on running as his opponent in '12?
He has said he hopes he finds things to be correct.

In fact, at first be said he did believe it was there.

The questions are just leading to more questions with very few answers.

Time will tell.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
I sent my wife to her country to have our child so it would have eligibility for that country's citizenship should we ever decide to live there. Our child automatically gets US citizenship through me, but had to be born in that country to qualify there. It's a common ploy with multi-national marriages. Maybe it was the same with Obama...

Old 04-26-2011, 07:21 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am not sure.....

I guess for a neutral person to say they have seen the original.

That is why I like Trump looking into it.
Ex-Hawaii official denounces 'ludicrous' birther claims - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

Chiyome Fukino was the director of the Hawaii Department of Health for the past several years. She was appointed to this post by Governor Lingle, a Republican who was on the longer list of potential VP candidates for McCain in '08. On many occasions she has said she saw the original birth certificate, and vouched for the COLB's authenticity under oath about a year ago.

Quote:
The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice. The first time was in late October 2008, during the closing days of the presidential campaign, when the communications director for the state's then Republican governor, Linda Lingle (who appointed Fukino) asked if she could make a public statement in response to claims then circulating on the Internet that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

Before she would do so, Fukino said, she wanted to inspect the files — and did so, taking with her the state official in charge of vital records. She found the original birth record, properly numbered, half typed and half handwritten, and signed by the doctor who delivered Obama, located in the files. She then put out a public statement asserting to the document's validity. She later put out another public statement in July 2009 — after reviewing the original birth record a second time.

"It is real, and no amount of saying it is not, is going to change that," Fukino said. Moreover, she added, her boss at the time, Lingle — who was backing John McCain for president — would presumably have to be in on any cover up since Fukino made her public comment at the governor's office's request. "Why would a Republican governor — who was stumping for the other guy — hold out on a big secret?" she asked.

Would you consider this to be a trustworthy statement from a neutral party?

Old 04-26-2011, 07:21 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,939,563 times
Quote:
I am not sure.....

I guess for a neutral person to say they have seen the original.

That is why I like Trump looking into it.
Law is such that the birth certificate obama showed is itself proof that there is an original on file. Just like if you get your birth certificate or I mine.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Ex-Hawaii official denounces 'ludicrous' birther claims - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

Chiyome Fukino was the director of the Hawaii Department of Health for the past several years. She was appointed to this post by Governor Lingle, a Republican who was on the longer list of potential VP candidates for McCain in '08. On many occasions she has said she saw the original birth certificate, and vouched for the COLB's authenticity under oath about a year ago.

Would you consider this to be a trustworthy statement from a neutral party?
Some one who does not work for the government.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I sent my wife to her country to have our child so it would have eligibility for that country's citizenship should we ever decide to live there. Our child automatically gets US citizenship through me, but had to be born in that country to qualify there. It's a common ploy with multi-national marriages. Maybe it was the same with Obama...
Perhaps it is a "common ploy," but in that case why would there be all the fraud? I'm sure you and your wife haven't falsely told American authorities that your child was born in the US, the way Obama's family did. On a school registration form when Obama was in kindergarten, they wrote that Obama was born in Honolulu. Why do that? Why lie that consistently? What rational basis is there to do that, given Obama would almost certainly have been a citizen anyway?

Old 04-26-2011, 07:31 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Didn't this all start as a dumb rumor spread during the Obama v. Hillary race? So, does this now mean that any time a candidate's staff comes up with some story about the opponent, we'll have to forever jump through hoops to prove it untrue? What a stupid system.

Donald Trump is a space alien. It's the truth. I saw it spray-painted on a subway wall. Prove he isn't.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Didn't this all start as a dumb rumor spread during the Obama v. Hillary race? So, does this now mean that any time a candidate's staff comes up with some story about the opponent, we'll have to forever jump through hoops to prove it untrue? What a stupid system.

Donald Trump is a space alien. It's the truth. I saw it spray-painted on a subway wall. Prove he isn't.
Donald Trump Birth Certificate Released By Potential Presidential Candidate [UPDATED]

Old 04-26-2011, 07:40 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
lol, good one, i suspect that the only you'd approve of would be another birther with a pack of matches....
Quote:
Some one who does not work for the government.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:51 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Actually all Trump was able to come up with was the official version, which is the same as Obama produced. Does this mean that his original long version does not exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies