U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:47 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,564,917 times

Advertisements

And yes only in America can a do nothing bunch of spoiled brats led by an ego driven do nothing mother who married an emasculated whimp of a husband earn the money that they do. But next we'll be hearing how generous they are when they donate $1 million dollars to Japan. America is the land of the stupid nowadays. Our obsession with Hollywood celebrities and sports is only fueling our demise. Here in the suburbs of OC all the upper middle class white kids are obsessed with their sports....while the Asian, Indian kids are attending Kumon math learning centers on a daily basis. LOL..........an we wonder why India and Asian countries are coming up in the world. We are the wolf that has gotten fat and happy sitting at the top of the hill for so long. Now all the other wolves are hungry and they will be bigger and stronger than us in a few decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 06:51 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,191,282 times
I wouldnt blame this all on media. A lot of the blame has to be put on the sad and pathetic public who actually watch them and click on every link about them on the internet. Those same people, are the same type that watch MTV and other garbage, surf for and read "celebrity" gossip and what not. Yes the media certainly keeps shoving this trash in our face at every turn, so much that its nearly impossible to get away from it, but ..... if that werent millions that didnt lap it up, they wouldnt do it.

I am all for people making money and capitolism but I hate Hollywood and I hate "celebrity". I hate even more the people that spend so much time and effort actually "caring" about these so called celebrities. Live your own damn lives people. Dont you have any more important things to do than give these people your attention, thus making them filthy rich for really doing nothing?!

Old 03-18-2011, 06:53 PM

14,506 posts, read 23,216,940 times
It is a sign that CNN (idiot piers morgan interviewed them, so I now tune out) and the media in general in the U.S. suck. Bar none. Their agenda is to dumb down anyone who tunes in. trash for cash reality garbage.

Money, greed and banality isnt an agenda of simply left or right.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:57 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,316,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
No it's just a sign that the liberal media is sick in the head. All the Hollywood and glamor lifestyle TV are all liberal productions

That's weird because I thought that the Repugnantcans drool all over themselves at even the idea of rich people.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:58 PM

9,881 posts, read 8,764,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
That's weird because I thought that the Repugnantcans drool all over themselves at even the idea of rich people.
I never saw GWB cater to celebrities. Bill Clinton and Obama seem to covet celebrities.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I wouldnt blame this all on media. A lot of the blame has to be put on the sad and pathetic public who actually watch them and click on every link about them on the internet. Those same people, are the same type that watch MTV and other garbage, surf for and read "celebrity" gossip and what not. Yes the media certainly keeps shoving this trash in our face at every turn, so much that its nearly impossible to get away from it, but ..... if that werent millions that didnt lap it up, they wouldnt do it.

I am all for people making money and capitolism but I hate Hollywood and I hate "celebrity". I hate even more the people that spend so much time and effort actually "caring" about these so called celebrities. Live your own damn lives people. Dont you have any more important things to do than give these people your attention, thus making them filthy rich for really doing nothing?!
The scary thing is there are a lot of so called educated and intelligent people that sop this crap up. You know how many doctors and nurses I work with that are constantly reading People magazine or checking their sports center on ESPN. Stupidity comes in all shapes and sizes nowadays, atleast in America. I've never been overseas but the few european young people I've engaged in my life living here in the United States always seem to be better informed than their American counterpart. Not sure if that is true anymore..............but I've been impressed with how articulate and political many europeans are in general compared to Americans especially when it comes to history.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I never saw GWB cater to celebrities. Bill Clinton and Obama seem to covet celebrities.

I think your right. As much as I hated both Bush and his father........there was a wholesome, downhome side to old Georgie poo. At least he owned a ranch. What does Obama do? Play hoops in his spare time and watch college basketball? What an assclown he is.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 PM

14,506 posts, read 23,216,940 times
this thread is about a mindless reality show. It belongs on entertainment forum, for the type of people who seem to think it is entertainment.

Producers care about making a buck,they dont give a dam-n abt political sides. If they did, CNN would not be such a brain dead channel now.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:18 PM

9,881 posts, read 8,764,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
this thread is about a mindless reality show. It belongs on entertainment forum, for the type of people who seem to think it is entertainment.

Producers care about making a buck,they dont give a dam-n abt political sides. If they did, CNN would not be such a brain dead channel now.
Actually this thread is about the decline of America as exhibited with the fascination of reality shows. It belongs in this forum.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:29 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,191,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
The scary thing is there are a lot of so called educated and intelligent people that sop this crap up. You know how many doctors and nurses I work with that are constantly reading People magazine or checking their sports center on ESPN. Stupidity comes in all shapes and sizes nowadays, atleast in America. I've never been overseas but the few european young people I've engaged in my life living here in the United States always seem to be better informed than their American counterpart. Not sure if that is true anymore..............but I've been impressed with how articulate and political many europeans are in general compared to Americans especially when it comes to history.

You're right. And now that you mention it, the same can be said for sports figures. Its amazing how many guys get so wrapped up in it. I use to love pro sports but I hardly ever watch any more for multiple reasons. One being, im a grown man. Im not going to let my self get wrapped up in games men play for millions of dollars. I use to listen to sports radio and those guys who call in are as pathetic as any woman who gets wrapped up in "celebrity" gossip.

We live in a sad world and our society speaks volumes about the people today. What's worse is there is no sign of it ending, rather, it actually is getting worse and worse.

By giving these people who dont give a hoot about you, all this attention, you only fill their pockets. Even while you realize they really contribute jack squat to society and they sure as hell dont look out for you. They dont make it cheaper for you to see a game, concert, movie. They make it more expensive.

While im on a rant. Endorsements and products are another thing. It's just sickening how atheletes/celebs put their face/name on something and people flock to buy it. Really having NOTHING to do with the product, they get paid millions just to be attatched to it, just to take a few pictures or videos.

I really think this worship has a negative impact on our society and we havent even begun to truly see it yet. Someday we will and I can only hope im dead and gone by then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies