Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 05:12 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,431,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post

He hasn't changed since his days in congress. Even Hillary pointed out his avoidance of standing on tough issues by voting PRESENT 129 times.

Why would anyone think he would change and become an actual leader.

Probably wishes he oculd still vote PRESENT.
Both you AND Hillary Clinton were flatass WRONG about what a 'Present' vote in the Illinois Senate means. You might be able to be forgiven for not bothering to take the time to look it up. Hillary, on the other hand, had no freaking excuse except that she's a liar, which is why I didn't support her for President over Barack Obama.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/op...th&oref=slogin

"SENATOR HILLARY CLINTON should probably be forgiven [though not by me] for not remembering the course on the state Constitution that she would have had to take as an eighth grader in Illinois. But had she remembered it, she would have known that Senator Barack Obama was not ducking his responsibility in the Illinois Senate when he voted “present” on many issues.

<snip>

". . .[A] “present” vote [is] the same as a no [vote]. If a bill receives 29 votes, but the rest of the senators vote “present,” it fails. In the Illinois Senate, there can be strategic reasons for voting “present” rather than simply no. A member might approve the intent of legislation, but not its scope or the way it has been drafted. A “present” vote can send a signal to a bill’s sponsors that the legislator might support an amended version. Voting “present” can also be a way to exercise fiscal restraint, without opposing the subject of the bill."
You will no longer have any excuse to accuse the President of avoiding tough issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,396,190 times
I ain't defending Obama, I want Turd Blossom back. Two wars, two recessions, trillions in deficits and the best part, owning up to being stupid and bein' proud of it. I'm tired of these so called elitacrats that can remember 3rd grade english.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,425,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Casper with all due respect you might just be the last flea to jump the ship of dawg....

Not me, as I knew this guy was a joke the first day I laid eyes on him, but ever since I see bumper stickers that say people have learned better, the people that voted for the fool. This guy is doomed no matter how much you might like him. Why you would like him is your bee's wax. He is history.

Are you kidding me, i knew he was a freaking joke from day one, when any one talks about a new ERA OF HOPE AND CHANGE so dang much, you know something is up, and it is, because this era of hope and change, sucks big time. The thing is my democratic freinds, can at least admit that he is a mistake.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:43 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,019,645 times
obama is the Dad I never had. he gave me the inside on my basketball picks this year,taught me about bullying and how cops are stupid. This man is truly a world leader.plus as an extra michele teaches us how to grow cheese burger gardens. relax and enjoy

Old 03-18-2011, 06:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,404,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
obama is the Dad I never had. he gave me the inside on my basketball picks this year,taught me about bullying and how cops are stupid. This man is truly a world leader.plus as an extra michele teaches us how to grow cheese burger gardens. relax and enjoy

Old 03-18-2011, 06:50 PM

956 posts, read 1,113,321 times
I defend Obama because in my opinion, and I feel that I should emphasize that since the conservatives on this forum seem content on thinking for everyone else, he has done a remarkably good job with the cards he was dealt. I don't have the time or the patience to explain each and everyone of his policies to you, but I do believe that he has tried to live up to his campaign promises. Healthcare reform is not perfect, but it's a start; the financial reform bill was not perfect, but it's a start; his Race to the Top education program is not perfect, but it's a start. It's refreshing to see a politician tackle issues which others feel are better left in the periphery.

But where Obama has impressed me most is with his foreign policy. He has played the diplomatic and tough guy stance to great effect. Lastly, I defend him b/c he is the type of politician that I would wanna be if I ever entered the political scene: tough skinned, educated, knowledgeable, diplomatic, rational, and stern. You asked for my opinion, and there it is... whether or not you agree with it is irrelevant, it is my opinion.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:55 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,808,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
tough skinned,
I know that is just your opinion but I thought it was kinda funny.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,425,695 times
I am most certainly not. But that being said this is still America and it is called freedom of choice, which any one person has a right to defend who it is they see fit. Because i don't does not mean that i am against any one person defending him, i don't that is my right.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:12 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,783,841 times
This nation is far from teetering into the abyss.

Stop worrying and learn to love the 'bam'.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:32 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,363,396 times
Even his (reportedly) high IQ score proves 'smart' people can be stupid....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies