U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:44 PM

72 posts, read 172,414 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe the amount of people that take that bible seriously, come on already, GOD did not write that bible. It is filled with hate and violence. I can remember reading the old testament as a child and being absolutey TERRIFIED. How dare someone use their pathetic excuse of a religion to kill someone and justify it? Stone him please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 09:14 AM

3,568 posts, read 3,182,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
First of all, I can't imagine killing someone REGARDLESS.
Secondly, how does one take stuff in that old book serious? It's rather amusing, because in a way.. this guy technically WAS correct. But yet, how can killing someone be acceptable in a book that also says "thou shalt not kill"

Ah, the hypocrisy. You never can get a true answer from those people either.

I do feel for this man's family. Who knows if this man WAS hitting on this guy.. and how he was "sexually advancing" to him. EVEN if someone was coming on to you.. do you really kill them? Ugh. Society.
Please, don't presume to interpret "that old book". You're just showing your ignorance. I'm not defending what that guy did but only addressing your finding conflict in the texts where none exists. The commandment rendered in the English 'Thou shalt not kill' really says 'Thou shalt do no murder.' And that is consistent with innumerable other texts that distinguish between justifiable and unjustified homicides, i.e., murder. And nowhere in "that old book" is an individual justified in stoning another for a homosexual advance. Stoning was a corporate act of justice and had to be sanctioned by the community.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:22 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,080,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Who said I was calling anyone in the article gay???... Where did I say, "every gay person has sex with multiple partners.".. oh I remember now. I never made that remark.

This person has a judgement time arriving, I just would not want to be that person and nor do I attempt to justify the actions of that person...so your point is???

You come up empty with the Christaian bashing!!..
Wow, you didn’t say…

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark
Uhhmmm...I have a very good sex life and beautiful children as a by-product of that natural union. Sorry but your ignorance has risen from that of a whisper to that of a scream.

My bible tells me to enjoy "lovemeaking" with my wife to the fullest, and to seek all my comforts and enjoyments with her and her alone.

I have no problem with that, the fallacy you people cling to is that unless one is sleeping with multiple people and using other human beings as mastubatory tools, then one dosen't have or like a sex life.
… in a thread about a guy who used the unfounded excuse that the older guy was gay.
I don’t have to bash c’s for their hypocrisy, double standard and lies; they do it quite well on their own. I would use your post (quoted here) as an example.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:49 AM

7,450 posts, read 5,626,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
He would be stoned to death in Iran as well. LOL muslims
...Which is just as wrong, and the original post implies nothing else.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:12 AM

14,810 posts, read 13,572,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I donít have to bash cís for their hypocrisy, double standard and lies; they do it quite well on their own. I would use your post (quoted here) as an example.
When you, and others on this forum, "stop bashing c's",

"That'll be the day......."

Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 AM

7,450 posts, read 5,626,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
When you, and others on this forum, "stop bashing c's",

"That'll be the day......."
I personally don't have a problem with Christianity in general. It's a decent set of beliefs to follow, when you have enough brains to realize some things are metaphors and some things aren't meant to be followed anymore, such as the stoning thing.

Unfortunately, the person who performed this murder doesn't have such cognitive abilities.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 AM

69,380 posts, read 79,577,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Man Stoned to Death for Homosexuality: Cops - Local News - Philadelphia, PA - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42152129/ns/local_news-philadelphia_pa/ - broken link)

lol @ christians
This has nothing to do with Christianity, this has to do with a total nut case. Do you think, because some crazy Muslim doctor went bizerk in Texas and killed all those people on the base, all Muslims are created equal and stand for what he does or did?

People like you are just looking for reasons to attack Christians. Do you have any idea how many gay people are Christians and proud of this?

Nita

Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 AM

112 posts, read 157,108 times
He was in the will, he got everything.. it was ALL about money. Most likely he got sick of waiting for his wrinkly sugar daddy to die and took matters into his own hands. The bible told me to do it? Sounds like a good setup to plead insanity.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:29 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,604,613 times
Arrest, indict, try and hang the bastard. Quickly.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:18 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,742,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelamb3 View Post
How dare someone use their pathetic excuse of a religion to kill someone and justify it? Stone him please!
Indeed, a most Biblically-appropriate penalty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies