U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 07:25 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,204,720 times

Advertisements

Also, the verse in the Old Testament that the killer mentioned is Leviticus 18:22. It says to stone someone to death for "lying with man as one lies with woman." Because the two didn't have sex, there was no Biblical mandate to stone anybody.

Another thing -- Jesus said, after a group of people attempted to stone an adulteress in accordance with OT law -- "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Unless someone is without sin, they can't stone anybody.

What the man in the news story did was not Biblical, it was just plain murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 07:34 PM

4,541 posts, read 3,524,179 times
This loser is using Christianity as a scapegoat and, I'm willing to bet, many other loons do the same in an attempt to get off on an insanity plea. I'd be willing to bet that he received no such "revelation".

Please don't use this incident to characterize Christianity. Doing so makes you also take on the appearance of a loon.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:40 PM

4,541 posts, read 3,524,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
By your seemingly ridiculous definition of "sexual predators" there would be no heterosexual men left in the world, due to their constant unwelcome advances on women.

The mentally illness of the young man is evident by the fact that he prayed to an invisible person who lives in the sky surrounded by ladies with wings and harps, and claimed to have received instruction from this invisible person.

It's a damned shame that so many parents pass this sort of confused, mentally deranged behavior onto their children. This is a tragedy that could have been avoided.
It's one thing to not believe in God; I respect your decision. But why do you feel it's necessary to mock others and provide such a disrespectful description? That was totally unnecessary. Most atheists/agnostics that I know say that they don't need religion to be an upstanding person. Sounds like you could take a few lessons from them.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:45 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,535,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's really sick that you find this funny.
Laughing AT the chrisian who is, unsurprisingly, insane. Thanks though!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:04 PM

29,118 posts, read 18,394,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
That's mental illness, not Christianity.
A fine line!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:08 PM

5,160 posts, read 6,614,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A fine line!
That's a little condescending. Do you feel the seame way about all religions/belief systems?

For those who truly are interested, hyper religiousity is a possible sign of mania according to the DSM IV.

Mania - Psychologist Anywhere Anytime

Old 03-19-2011, 07:58 AM

24,889 posts, read 20,317,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
That's a little condescending. Do you feel the seame way about all religions/belief systems?

For those who truly are interested, hyper religiousity is a possible sign of mania according to the DSM IV.

If someone says that they hear voices in their head telling them to hurt people, its a sign of mental illness.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post

IMO, the more fanatic/fundamental Christians or people of any religion become, the more delusional and distant they become from reality.

Taking your DSM IV diagnosis to many of the characters of the Old Testament such as Moses, Abraham, Joshua, Noah, etc..........we have a hit!

Today many celebrate these hyper religious fanatics ( DSM IVs) in the OT as if they were heroes. No wonder so many religious people today go over the edge.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If someone says that they hear voices in their head telling them to hurt people, its a sign of mental illness.
Moses, Joshua, King David, etc.........did hear voices that told them such.

In fact, Pres. Bush said God told him to invade Iraq!

Quote:
President George Bush has claimed he was told by God to invade Iraq and attack Osama bin Laden's stronghold of Afghanistan as part of a divine mission to bring peace to the Middle East, security for Israel, and a state for the Palestinians.
Bush: God told me to invade Iraq - Americas, World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bush-god-told-me-to-invade-iraq-509925.html - broken link)

What do you make of that?

Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 AM

5,877 posts, read 4,024,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Gays are capable of sexual harassment.

It appears this guy got sick of it and took care of the situation.
Silly me, I always thought the proper response to sexual harassment was to report it. I guess stoning someone to death was the right way all along. I guess this kid missed the part where Jesus said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies