U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 08:07 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,714,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Answer this for me. How is caribdoll one of those reasons for White flight? What has she done to cause people to want to leave? What has this individual personally done? Not other people, this individual.
Haven't analyzed his/her posts enough, nor do I really want to or need to. The post starting with "system set up by white men..." was enough in itself to know that person is a hater of white males, whether they be the "ones who set up the system" or the guy I walk past downtown who's dirt poor homeless.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:14 PM

44,606 posts, read 43,151,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Haven't analyzed his/her posts enough, nor do I really want to or need to. The post starting with "system set up by white men..." was enough in itself to know that person is a hater of white males, whether they be the "ones who set up the system" or the guy I walk past downtown who's dirt poor homeless.
Fine then. While we are on this topic, I have a question for you. Is it any different than some of the thinly veiled comments I've heard you say about Blacks?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:16 PM

44,606 posts, read 43,151,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
As long as you can speak English to me, I really dont give a damn what other language you speak to others. In fact sometimes its interesting listening to another language.

PS there are english speakers just about everywhere, hearing another language is not going to kill you. It should be excpected to a certain extent in international cities.
I feel the same way.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:35 PM

265 posts, read 157,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Apparently, some in here just don't get it or they have an agenda to dilute the language and culture of this country. I have given up trying to explain it.

The objection is mostly to all the Spanish being spoken in this country. No other language is making strides like that and it is directly due to stubbornness to use English as their primary language and illegal immigration from south of our border. It is creating discrimination in hiring practices towards native English speakers also. No country in the world would embrace losing their identifying culture and language in that manner. I am done with this subject.
Ah, some people do not comprehend that European imperialism is dead and that a couple of centuries after this continent was 'settled' the trend has reset and things are returning back to what it once was.

I get that the white European-descended person feels out-numbered in the world and feeling as if their very gene pool is being diluted by 'savages'. I see that paranoia and stress make people believe incredibly insane things.

However, this entire continent was taken by Europeans by force, betrayal and greed. The only thing happening now is that those who had the southwestern tier of this country taken have decided to take it back and with interest.

I guess it doesn't feel good being on the receiving end of having one's culture lost or displaced. Oh well.

Perhaps you should try understanding the aspects of American culture that has led to this. I'll tell you this much, it has more to do with corporate profits than crypto-communist liberals.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:02 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
So how do you definite "stable American culture?" Some white European, English-speaking one perhaps?
Stability def ain't a part the Spanish culture even tho it's just as "white" race wise as the English culture.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
As usual, you are spot on.

We do have slightly different cultural traditions throughout the US, because we span such a large continent, with different climates, from the deserts of Arizona to the shores of Hawaii and Guam, and the Smokey Mountains.

We are a country that takes the best parts of other cultures and mixes those compatible parts into our own, America is the great "melting pot."

Multiculturalism is essentially people coming to come to the US from foreign countries who do not assimilate into our culture. The multiculturalists encourage these foreigners to create enclaves of different cultures and traditions, which may be incompatible or even hostile to our own US culture and traditions.

For example, if the culture and traditions of someone's home country was bigoted towards women or certain races or ethnic groups, and treated them as lesser people, that would be compatible within US society. We do not want people like that creating their own little enclave within our borders.

Some of the cultural conditions in other countries are repressive, bigoted, and even hostile to our way of life, which may be why people are fleeing from these countries in the first place. We do not want all aspects of those societies to exist here in the US. We ask that you leave those incompatible and dysfunctional cultural traditions back where you came from.

We do not view all cultures and traditions as the same, not all are deserving of equal acceptance and respect.
Agreed and HOW!

Old 08-20-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntBoo View Post
Ah, some people do not comprehend that European imperialism is dead and that a couple of centuries after this continent was 'settled' the trend has reset and things are returning back to what it once was.

I get that the white European-descended person feels out-numbered in the world and feeling as if their very gene pool is being diluted by 'savages'. I see that paranoia and stress make people believe incredibly insane things.

However, this entire continent was taken by Europeans by force, betrayal and greed. The only thing happening now is that those who had the southwestern tier of this country taken have decided to take it back and with interest.

I guess it doesn't feel good being on the receiving end of having one's culture lost or displaced. Oh well.

Perhaps you should try understanding the aspects of American culture that has led to this. I'll tell you this much, it has more to do with corporate profits than crypto-communist liberals.
Southwest? You mean ANOTHER "white" culture? Yes: Hispanic culture is just as "white" as Anglo Saxon culture. It's def NOT the Aztec culture because if the white man wasn't here, the Apaches would've cut them to pieces if they tried to go in what's now Arizona or New Mexico.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:32 AM

2,869 posts, read 2,714,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Fine then. While we are on this topic, I have a question for you. Is it any different than some of the thinly veiled comments I've heard you say about Blacks?
Maybe. We're talking about different issues though within these groups, so it's sort of comparing apples and oranges.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:57 AM

31,645 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntBoo View Post

First off even the so-called native American's ancestors migrated here just like everyone else did. They weren't the innocents in regards to killing and mayhem that they were perceived to be either. They warred with each other and killed innocent European women and children also. There is enough guilt to go around on both sides. This was a wide open frontier ripe for the taking as there were no immigration laws back then.

You can't take back what doesn't belong to you. It is only some whiney Mexicans that can't seem to make it in their own country that have the Reconquista mindset. Their indio ancestors never settled within U.S. borders so they have no right to this particular country. The descendants of the tribes who did are all full fledged U.S. citizens and rightly so. These same Mexicans would have a hissy fit if millions of Chinese invaded their borders illegally and displaced their culture. Kind of hypocritical, isn't it? What is also ironic is that most Mexicans are also of white, Spanish European ancestry. So their ancestors were also conquerors and they are part of them just as any American might be from British lineage.

Many of our European ancestors came here after the U.S. government was established and there were immigration laws in place and well after any conflicts with the so-called natives. Yet those of us alive today are blamed for the past all the time even if our ancestors played no role in the conflicts that occurred.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:37 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,919,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
First off even the so-called native American's
ancestors migrated here just like everyone else did. They weren't the
innocents in regards to killing and mayhem that they were perceived to be
either. They warred with each other and killed innocent European women and
children also. There is enough guilt to go around on both sides. This was a
wide open frontier ripe for the taking as there were no immigration laws back
then
According to you and those who have a Eurocentric view of history.
Quote:
You can't take back what doesn't belong to you. It is only some whiney
Mexicans that can't seem to make it in their own country that have the
Reconquista mindset. Their indio ancestors never settled within U.S. borders
so they have no right to this particular country. The descendants of the
tribes who did are all full fledged U.S. citizens and rightly so. These same
Mexicans would have a hissy fit if millions of Chinese invaded their borders
illegally and displaced their culture. Kind of hypocritical, isn't it? What
is also ironic is that most Mexicans are also of white, Spanish European
ancestry.
So their ancestors were also conquerors and they are part of them
just as any American might be from British lineage.
Those descended from conquerors and conquered are still among the conquered.

Quote:

Many of our European ancestors came here after the U.S. government was
established and there were immigration laws in place and well after any
conflicts with the so-called natives. Yet those of us alive today are blamed
for the past all the time even if our ancestors played no role in the conflicts
that occurred.
*sob*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies