Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 06:39 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Maybe. We're talking about different issues though within these groups, so it's sort of comparing apples and oranges.
Really........how so?

Old 08-21-2014, 06:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
While you seem to be worrying and focusing on language there is more to this acceptance of multiculturalism than speaking Spanish.

In the UK parts of Sharia Law pertaining to family law has been accepted as equal law and can be upheld in court.

That very same thing can happen here..that Sharia Law (family law) gains equal footing with our Constitution and has to be upheld in a court of law.

So be willing to acknowledge that.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:05 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
According to you and those who have a Eurocentric view of history.

Those descended from conquerors and conquered are still among the conquered.

*sob*
No, history is what it is. Prove that the so-called native Americans sprouted up out of the ground like corn and that they didn't migrate here just like everyone else did then. Prove that they didn't commit atrocities against the European settlers and were just as guilty of violence among themselves and the settlers.

They are conquered? No, they have the Spanish blood cursing thru their veins just as their indio blood. So they are part conqueror themselves. Can't just claim one part of one's bloodlines while discarding the other part. Not all relationships were formed from conquering between the two groups either. Prove that the descendants of the tribal ancestors of the Mexicans are entitled to any land within our borders then.

Is that all you've got is "sob"? Why not address the truths of that last part of my post instead? Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Old 08-21-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, history is what it is. Prove that the so-called
native Americans sprouted up out of the ground like corn and that they didn't
migrate here just like everyone else did then. Prove that they didn't commit
atrocities against the European settlers and were just as guilty of violence
among themselves and the settlers.
Sure, when you prove that the European settlers - who had no claim to this land or any other that they settled - didn't forcibly impose themselves and their culture on the people who were here first.
Quote:
They are conquered? No, they have the Spanish blood cursing thru their
veins just as their indio blood. So they are part conqueror themselves.
So the children of rape should be proud of their rapist fathers?

Quote:
Can't just claim one part of one's bloodlines while
discarding the other
part.
Sure you can. People have done it for centuries - especially when those representing one part of their bloodline don't want anything to do with them.

Quote:
Not all relationships were formed from conquering between the
two groups either. Prove that the descendants of the tribal
ancestors of the Mexicans are entitled to any land within our borders then.
There was no border between, say, what is now called Sonora and Arizona, for example, before Europeans came. It is not your right to tell people you have no connection with what they should claim and what they should not.
Quote:
Is that all you've got is "sob"? Why not address the truths of that last
part of my post instead? Truth hurts, doesn't it?
That's me crying for you poor, put-upon folks who have done everything right (according to your own standards) and still feel oppressed by the people who are truly oppressed.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:40 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Sure, when you prove that the European settlers - who had no claim to this land or any other that they settled - didn't forcibly impose themselves and their culture on the people who were here first.

Sure you can. People have done it for centuries - especially when those representing one part of their bloodline don't want anything to do with them.

There was no border between, say, what is now called Sonora and Arizona, for example, before Europeans came. It is not your right to tell people you have no connection with what they should claim and what they should not.

That's me crying for you poor, put-upon folks who have done everything right (according to your own standards) and still feel oppressed by the people who are truly oppressed.
Uh; Indian mixed Hispanics are "proud" of their raping dads, otherwise those people would NOT have anything to do with anything "Spanish".

Too what happened in 1492 is just history in 2014. People can't apply today's rules to what was def "Ok" 500 years ago. Hell; had the white man done things "Indian way" there'd probably be NO Indians alive now. Even the Indians came from Asia AND they def had their share of donnybrooks like the Aztecs murdering other Indians by cutting out their hearts and so on.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; Indian mixed Hispanics are "proud" of their
raping dads, otherwise those people would NOT have anything to do with anything
"Spanish".
Not true at all. The culture of Latin America is an indigenous/African culture that has been infused with European white culture of the Spanish variety. The African and Indian and mestizo/mulatto descendants of colonized peoples throughout the area speak Spanish as a language and follow creolized/imposed Spanish customs through no actual volition; they simply live as they live under their circumstances. But rest assured that though white appearance to some degree is aspired to (through strong white supremacist notions propagated through the culture), I guarantee you that very, very few people, especially in places like Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Cuba or Panama, just for a few examples, actually identify in any way with Spain. It just does not happen. Do U.S. Americans identify with England or the United Kingdom?

Quote:
Too what happened in 1492 is just history in 2014. People can't apply today's
rules to what was def "Ok" 500 years ago. Hell; had the white man done things
"Indian way" there'd probably be NO Indians alive now. Even the Indians came
from Asia AND they def had their share of donnybrooks like the Aztecs murdering
other Indians by cutting out their hearts and so on.
We can debate this until the cows come home, but what the Natives did was their business, not that of European settlers who came here uninvited.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:09 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
I dislike scary, violent anybody, not just minorities. But the problem is that minorities often think people hate them or are rude to them because of their race, because not only is that easier than facing the problem, but it's something that happens often enough to be an issue in the first place. Most of the time though, somebody who is rude is just rude. Rude to everybody, rude all the time. If they're not being rude about your racial background (or because of it), it'll be because of your height, or weight, or ethnicity, or religion, or disability, or the way your eyes might look like they connect together over your nose and give you an ape look or something. I definitely don't miss the good old days when people didn't have rights, and everything had to be done by hand and you could die from a hang-nail.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:58 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:

It is only when the Europeans became a critical mass did the conflicts break out. They had just as much claim on this country/continent as those who migrated across the Bering Strait. Being here first doesn't mean squat. There were no immigration laws or borders back then.

Again, they weren't all raped by a long shot. Many of these were amicable matings. Besides my point was about genetics and good or bad you cannot deny any part of your genetics. Interesting how people like you want to blame the American descendants of the non-Hispanic Europeans for their ancestor's past but think Mestizos should get a pass on the blame attributed to their white, Spanish ancestors over the past. Hypocricy, anyone?

You're right I cannot tell anyone where our borders begin and end but our government can and they are internationally recognized. Don't like it then take it up with our government or the United Nations. Better yet stop living in the past.

Don't have a clue what your last sentence means. Where did I say I was oppressed? Every race has experienced oppression at one time or another so what's your point? Who are these oppressed people you are sobbing for?

Old 08-21-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It is only when the Europeans became a critical mass
did the conflicts break out. They had just as much claim on this
country/continent as those who migrated across the Bering Strait. Being here
first doesn't mean squat. There were no immigration laws or borders back then.
Keep on believing that fiction.

Quote:
Again, they weren't all raped by a long shot. Many of these were amicable
matings. Besides my point was about genetics and good or bad you cannot deny
any part of your genetics. Interesting how people like you want to blame the
American descendants of the non-Hispanic Europeans for their ancestor's past but
think Mestizos should get a pass on the blame attributed to their white, Spanish
ancestors over the past. Hypocricy, anyone?
These relationships were not equal; therefore, we cannot look at the results of them as coming from equality. And, as I've said, people deny their genetic heritage all the time. This is nothing new or revelatory around the world.

Quote:
You're right I cannot tell anyone where our borders begin and end but our
government can and they are internationally recognized. Don't like it then
take it up with our government or the United Nations. Better yet stop living
in the past.
I don't live in the past. I don't gloss it over when convenient, either.

Quote:
Don't have a clue what your last sentence means. Where did I say I was
oppressed? Every race has experienced oppression at one time or another so
what's your point? Who are these oppressed people you are sobbing for?
Well, from your posts, I gather that you are out of sorts about the demographic and cultural changes occurring right now in North America..............

Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Haven't analyzed his/her posts enough, nor do I really want to or need to. The post starting with "system set up by white men..." was enough in itself to know that person is a hater of white males, whether they be the "ones who set up the system" or the guy I walk past downtown who's dirt poor homeless.
Desperate attempt to avoid discussion. No one hates white men or anyone else. More like you refuse to educate yourself on modern racial theory. You, like many others, fight hard to maintain ignorance regarding such issues but want to be angry at those who the ideology was impose upon.

Ever heard of Linnaeus? Blumenbach? Of course not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies