Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Race is also a hot topic because of history. There has been a severe history of people being treated inhumanly because of their race. There is a big feeling of distrust and anger.
That may be so but people need to stop living in the past. Racism isn't near what it used to be and in fact it isn't only minorities that are the victims of racism today.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:00 PM

55 posts, read 40,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That may be so but people need to stop living in the past. Racism isn't near what it used to be and in fact it isn't only minorities that are the victims of racism today.
That's because governments have taken the inititiative to combat racism. If you took these liberal governments out of the picture then mass murder would grip cities and communities over night.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:43 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Racism might not be what it used to be, but it still exists. It still happens.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorax322 View Post
That's because governments have taken the inititiative to combat racism. If you took these liberal governments out of the picture then mass murder would grip cities and communities over night.
I don't think so. We are a lot more civilized today.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Racism might not be what it used to be, but it still exists. It still happens.
Never said it didn't but it is on a lot smaller scale than it use to be and as I said it isn't only minorities today that are the victim of racism. What I have a problem with is those who live in the past as though nothing has changed.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:10 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times
Quote:
Never said it didn't but it is on a lot smaller scale than it use to be and as I said it isn't only minorities today that are the victim of racism. What I have a problem with is those who live in the past as though nothing has changed.
Indeed. Most of the racism existing today is in the minds and actions of the minorities themselves. They tend to scream racism in order to garner attention to themselves.

Most white folks today are simply too busy earning a living and raising their families to worry at all about persecuting the minorities.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Indeed. Most of the racism existing today is in the minds and actions of the minorities themselves. They tend to scream racism in order to garner attention to themselves.

Most white folks today are simply too busy earning a living and raising their families to worry at all about persecuting the minorities.
I disagree with this completely. Consider the comments being made by Rush Limbaugh. When Cochran, a Republican, managed to garner a large Black vote in Mississippi, Limbaugh went off his rocker. He blamed it on "Uncle Tom Blacks".

There is more. Consider the comments by Don Sterling. His comments of "don't bring African-Americans to my games".

To say that this only exists among minorities is disingenuous.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:58 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I completley understand your point. I have very good friends who live in Mexico, for those that say there is no violence or killings down there, who in the hell are they kidding, they kill their own people in a heartbeat, when they want something which is usually money, or they target the wrong person and someone innocent gets killed. Usually over drugs, there are many drug lords in mexico, who are vicious. People think we have it so bad in this Country, it is people like yourself and my friends, who will beg to differ.

Correct. It's just human nature to say "We in America are so much worse than any other country". The "my pain is worse than your pain" story wrt to the rest of the world just isn't true. It's easy to find countries and tribes that are far worse and adverse to all forms of multiculturalism then we are. Any Islamist country in the Middle East is a good example. Japan will never be a multicultural country. Cast systems, color barriers, sexism, and every other form of ism exists in most all continents to a greater extent than in America. Hell, slavery is it's rawest form is still prevalent in many African Countries as it has since the dawn of mankind.

When a majority of the world’s population would give up where they live to move to the USA, it's a pretty good indicator that it's pretty great living here compared to most every place else.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:51 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times
Quote:
I disagree with this completely. Consider the comments being made by Rush Limbaugh. When Cochran, a Republican, managed to garner a large Black vote in Mississippi, Limbaugh went off his rocker. He blamed it on "Uncle Tom Blacks".

There is more. Consider the comments by Don Sterling. His comments of "don't bring African-Americans to my games".

To say that this only exists among minorities is disingenuous.
2 guys do not make a majority of anything. I'm blaming it the black culture as a whole.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
2 guys do not make a majority of anything. I'm blaming it the black culture as a whole.
Those were just examples. I can name plenty more examples of racism that does not come from minorities, and racism has been around, regardless of which culture is exhibited.

And while we're on culture, which culture in "Black culture"? There is difference between the "hood rat" culture, and the culture of regular Black people. Big difference between Wynton Marsalis or Brian McKnight, and Li'l Wayne. Big difference between a talented R&B artist or a jazz musician and a thug rapper like Li'l Wayne.

It isn't "Black culture", it's underclass culture. The culture of the underclass. Unfortunately, those who ascribe to ignorance will keep believing that underclass and Black are one in the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies