U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you be a patriotic American while hating half of Americans
1. Yes 35 58.33%
2. No 25 41.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:47 PM

11,536 posts, read 8,483,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If they are half, then your post is geared towards the "other" half that you claim "hate" and "detest" those that you mentioned. That was the half I was referring to.

Why do you use such strong words as hate and detest? Do you really feel this opressed?
Where did the misspelled word opressed come from?? This is what you call derailing. If you don't harbor any hate towards any of those groups, why would you even bother responding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 10:48 PM

16,753 posts, read 18,975,155 times
What does patriotic have to do with "liking" people??

Old 03-18-2011, 10:49 PM

948 posts, read 1,204,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Interesting that I made a post about people who hate Blacks, Hispanics, gays, and Muslims and people assumed I was bashing conservatives.
No you made a post about Patriotism

Old 03-18-2011, 10:49 PM

7,047 posts, read 6,187,605 times
Quote:
So you claim that Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Muslims, gays, and immigrants added up don't equal half of the USA?

By the way, half of the people responding so far agree that you can hate or despise half of your nation and still be patriotic. Do you agree with them?
Your use of the word HATE is the problem not agree with does not equal hate but that is how you started this thread. Hate is your word so heck with your poll take the hate out and try again

Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 PM

7,306 posts, read 3,991,432 times
Quote:
Where did the misspelled word opressed come from?? This is what you call derailing. If you don't harbor any hate towards any of those groups, why would you even bother responding?
Seriously? A spelling flame?

Old 03-18-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Your use of the word HATE is the problem not agree with does not equal hate but that is how you started this thread. Hate is your word so heck with your poll take the hate out and try again
The poll was about self describe patriots who hate a significant portion of Americans. Patriots who have no hate aren't mentioned in the poll and are not the issue in this poll.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:56 PM

6,520 posts, read 7,582,682 times
Quote:
You can't answer my question, which is completely valid, yet you choose to play grammar police and criticize someone that is replying to your ignorant thread. The only one derailing anything is you on your own thread.

Just accept the fact that your thread is a complete fail and move on. It is not hard to do.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Seriously? A spelling flame?
Not quite, just an attempt to stop you from derailing the topic at hand. This isn't about oppression, nice try at strawman. Feel free to create another thread about perceived oppression, but I'm not falling for it.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:58 PM

7,306 posts, read 3,991,432 times
Quote:
The poll was about self describe patriots who hate a significant portion of Americans. Patriots who have no hate aren't mentioned in the poll and are not the issue in this poll.
Wow! It was a trick question.
Damn, you're sooo clever.
You got us again.

I didn't vote in your dumb poll, so mebbie I didn't fall for it.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:58 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,460,123 times
Quote:
Interesting that I made a post about people who hate Blacks, Hispanics, gays, and Muslims and people assumed I was bashing conservatives.
Yuppers. You missed a spot- they hate 'disobedient' women who fail to worship them too.

You rang a dinner bell and the piggies came here to defend racism. They deflect attention from themselves and call you a 'troll trouble maker'. Taking a picture of a thing means you created it?

I didn't miss your point. Appears these <alleged> conservatives have no identity at all if they fail to have someone or something to hate on. Pathetic, really. Hope you can readily identify it from all extreme 'sides' though. America has more than it's fair share of village idiots in a stunning array of race, creed, gender, etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies