U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-18-2011, 11:57 PM
 
1,082 posts, read 761,996 times
Reputation: 547

Advertisements

http://m.cnn.com/primary/_aBoeaB-id4MImGrJ9

This guy cuts defense $$$ and now starts another war? He's way over his head in this situation.
This guy makes Jimmy Carter look like a whiz kid.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2011, 12:00 AM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,500 posts, read 24,245,966 times
Reputation: 7681
Obama Job Approval:

51% approve
42% disapprove

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

He's doing fine.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Status: "DON'T VOTE" (set 6 days ago)
 
26,751 posts, read 14,990,921 times
Reputation: 12565
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Obama Job Approval:

51% approve
42% disapprove

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

He's doing fine.
George Bush was elected twice.Did he do "fine"?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2011, 01:40 AM
 
1,811 posts, read 927,050 times
Reputation: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Obama trying to limit military involvement in Libya

This guy cuts defense $$$ and now starts another war? He's way over his head in this situation.
This guy makes Jimmy Carter look like a whiz kid.
Exactly!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2011, 01:45 AM
 
11,536 posts, read 8,472,068 times
Reputation: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Exactly!!
Exactly to what? His link is a dead end. LOL.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2011, 04:21 AM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,154 posts, read 26,646,023 times
Reputation: 6441
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Obama Job Approval:

51% approve
42% disapprove

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

He's doing fine.
He's doing "fine" at increasing the national debt by $3.4 trillion in only 2 years.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2011, 04:42 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
16,434 posts, read 9,295,669 times
Reputation: 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
George Bush was elected twice.Did he do "fine"?
By whose standards?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2011, 05:48 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,705,281 times
Reputation: 12220
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
http://m.cnn.com/primary/_aBoeaB-id4MImGrJ9

This guy cuts defense $$$ and now starts another war? He's way over his head in this situation.
This guy makes Jimmy Carter look like a whiz kid.
Yeah, I guess we should all just sit back and allow Qadaffi to slaughter his people...Would that make you happy?....Unbelievable
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2011, 05:56 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,705,281 times
Reputation: 12220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
He's doing "fine" at increasing the national debt by $3.4 trillion in only 2 years.
George W. Bush took office after three years of budget surpluses under President Bill Clinton. Eight years later, Obama walked into the Oval Office to find – gift-wrapped with a bow, as he recently joked – almost $11 trillion in Treasury debt, and deficits of more than $1 trillion a year for the foreseeable future. That's a $30,000 burden on every man, woman, and child in America, on top of the taxes they are already paying. Under better management, that number could have been zero.

If this weren't bad enough, President Bush's financial legacy is marred by other fundamental problems. Bush's team borrowed more than $1 trillion from the Social Security "trust fund" and seemed to spend it on everything except Social Security. Like Blanche DuBois in Tennessee Williams's "Streetcar Named Desire," Social Security now depends on the kindness of strangers – namely, future taxpayers and foreign lenders.

Obama inherited a fiscal disaster. Now what? - CSMonitor.com
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2011, 06:07 AM
 
Location: Columbus
4,879 posts, read 3,778,746 times
Reputation: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
George W. Bush took office after three years of budget surpluses under President Bill Clinton. Eight years later, Obama walked into the Oval Office to find – gift-wrapped with a bow, as he recently joked – almost $11 trillion in Treasury debt, and deficits of more than $1 trillion a year for the foreseeable future. That's a $30,000 burden on every man, woman, and child in America, on top of the taxes they are already paying. Under better management, that number could have been zero.

If this weren't bad enough, President Bush's financial legacy is marred by other fundamental problems. Bush's team borrowed more than $1 trillion from the Social Security "trust fund" and seemed to spend it on everything except Social Security. Like Blanche DuBois in Tennessee Williams's "Streetcar Named Desire," Social Security now depends on the kindness of strangers – namely, future taxpayers and foreign lenders.

Obama inherited a fiscal disaster. Now what? - CSMonitor.com
So your premise seems to be: deficit spending by Bush was bad. Made things worse.

Deficit spending by Obama (about 3x more than Bush) is good. Will make things better.

I wish you Keynesians would make up your minds. Deficit spending is either good or bad. Doesn't matter what party does it. It is either good or bad. It can't be bad in Dec of 2008 and good in Jan of 2009.

P.S. Demographers have been telling Congress that Social Security was going to be broke starting in the 1960s. Bush at least attempted to make some reforms to it. But the Democrats, the Party of No, the Regressives, wanted the staus quo. Even though they knew it was broke. They would rather get there money now and make someone else pay for it later. Greedy bastards.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top