U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 04:05 PM

84,960 posts, read 98,795,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
he knows that and has already said no problem (regarding disclosing his finances)

<snip>

he is putting our brave men and women at risk and where is he??
On a vacation!!
1. Trump probably thinks he can figure out a way around it.

2. Cheap shot. He's there on business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 04:21 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,599,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Reagan was an actor before he became a pol. He just played a role the whole 8 years.

Obama was an Ill state sen (granted, not much to be proud of, but it was politics), a US senator, a law professor, and a lawyer in private practice before he became pres.
Um.. Reagan was also Governor of California from 1967 to 1975. Far more experience legislating than Obama
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No, it isn't. Just because you don't like Obama doesn't mean he wasn't more of a political known quantity than Mr. Trump. Sorry.
And there have been NUMEROUS presidents without legislative experience.. Many of them are considered the most successful presidents in our history..
Kennedy, Lincoln, Eisenhower..
Quote:
1. Trump probably thinks he can figure out a way around it.
Trump receives no pay.. All his assets are under corporate names.. There would be nothing to disclose.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:36 PM

84,960 posts, read 98,795,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um.. Reagan was also Governor of California from 1967 to 1975. Far more experience legislating than Obama

And there have been NUMEROUS presidents without legislative experience.. Many of them are considered the most successful presidents in our history..

Trump receives no pay.. All his assets are under corporate names.. There would be nothing to disclose.
So you are acknowledging that one doesn't need extensive legislative experience to be pres, aren't you.

So Trump has hidden his assets? Figures.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:41 PM

2,342 posts, read 2,964,389 times
Quote:

I can only assume you're talking about John Fitzgerald Kennedy because I'm not aware of a second president named "kennedy" but perhaps I missed that day in history class.

he was a US congressman in addition to being a US senator before being president.

anyhoo.... donald "bankrupt" trump is actually a birther, he questions whether the POTUS is an american b/c he said nobody knows him from when he was growing up.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:46 PM

17,449 posts, read 22,953,730 times
Quote:
Kennedy served in both the House and the Senate. Lincoln served in the House.

Ike had no legislative experience, but being Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in WW2, president of Columbia University, and being European Supreme Allied Commander of NATO counted for something

Does Trump have that sort of foreign policy experience (other than merely collecting an international array of wives and girlfriends from many different nations)? I sense he'd be more like Berlusconi (another billionaire whose prodigious appetite for women spans many nationalities, just like Trump) than like Ike....

Old 03-24-2011, 07:44 AM

7,658 posts, read 7,459,213 times
Thank you, badger and majoun. Seems that pgh doesn't want facts to get in the way of his/her dislike for Obama and cheerleading for Trump.

I like Trump a lot. I just don't want him to be our President.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 AM

11,287 posts, read 16,808,067 times
Is Donald Trump the answer for our country?

I honestly think I would vote for Al Sharpton before Trump.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:15 AM

69,372 posts, read 53,599,519 times
Quote:
So you are acknowledging that one doesn't need extensive legislative experience to be pres, aren't you.
Never claimed otherwise..
Quote:
So Trump has hidden his assets? Figures.
they arent hidden.. Everyone knows he owns the Trump Organization. The man plasters his name all over everything he owns, and you want to claim they are hidden

Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 AM

166 posts, read 314,384 times
Trump is more qualified than Obama, by a long shot.

#1 issue facing our country: Finance.

And pre-presidential qualifications? A tycoon who has succeeded in international dealings for three decades, or a community organizer from chicago.

I gave Obama a chance. And I still like his "likability" when it comes to foreign parties. HOWEVER, he has been a pushover whenever he should take a stand. And not just with international issues either - he's too weak to even carry out his own domestic agenda. He simply lacks the cahones.

I'm considering backing Trump, definitely not backing Obama. (I did in 2008. . .fool me once. . .)

Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 AM

1,234 posts, read 1,029,414 times
What do we need him for?

Everybody done already been fired!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies