Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you care?
Yes , we won't miss you abit > too liberal and advanced 11 42.31%
No , your traitors and we can't survive without you 15 57.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 12:00 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
That can't be right, just like the fact that the unemployment rate in Connecticut is 9.1% but the unemployment rate in Texas is 8%. Oh and Houston has the first openly gay female mayor of any major US city... I don't see the people of the NE following our lead on that are they?
Aren't you the same poster who spends half of his time trying to convince the rest of us that homosexuality is a mental disorder? If that is so, then (using your narrative) how does electing an openly gay mayor count as any sort of accomplishment? Consistency is key when making these sorts of arguments Backspace...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 12:00 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I agree. I live in York County and people talk to you here when you're taking walks through the neighborhood. The new people flooding Stroudsburg/East Stroudsburg and Mt. Pocono from NY and Jersey are mostly racist brown noses. Thumbing down the original locals because they don't own a Lexus or Audi and vote Democrat
Are you anywhere near Hershey Medical Center? I spent a looooooooooooot of time there and fell in love with the place and the people while working.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:01 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,523 times
Quote:
You mean besides lobsta, pot holes and idiots? Not much at all.
I don't get this insult. Why do you think that the Northeast produces more idiots than the rest of the nation? Or are you just spewing out random insults in order to make yourself feel cool? Many of the nation's best colleges and universities are in the Northeast, and I don't need to disparage other regions of the country in order to make my point.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:04 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Are you anywhere near Hershey Medical Center? I spent a looooooooooooot of time there and fell in love with the place and the people while working.
I live in York, which is 45 minutes from Hershey and Lebanon down 322 and I-83

Old 07-07-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Aren't you the same poster who spends half of his time trying to convince the rest of us that homosexuality is a mental disorder? If that is so, then (using your narrative) how does electing an openly gay mayor count as any sort of accomplishment? Consistency is key when making these sorts of arguments Backspace...
I didn't vote for Mayor Parker, I don't live in the city of Houston and I wouldn't have voted for her if I did but it had nothing to do with her being gay and everything to do with her politics. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, the facts are out there to prove whatever anyone wants to believe.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:06 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
I don't get this insult. Why do you think that the Northeast produces more idiots than the rest of the nation? Or are you just spewing out random insults in order to make yourself feel cool? Many of the nation's best colleges and universities are in the Northeast, and I don't need to disparage other regions of the country in order to make my point.

Sure- there are some great colleges in the northeast- MIT, all the Ivy League Schools............ Given the marked liberal bent of these schools, however, I strongly suggested to my daughter (who is currently at a midwestern school) not to attend an east coast school. She got into Princeton and George Washington (I know- not an Ivy League school, but great for international buisness) and turned them down. Too many libs. Besides, the cost of an Ivy League education simply does not translate into financial success and is not worth it.

However, the northeast does not seem to produce much in terms of manufacturing, food, and energy. It seems to be a region that is a net consumer, not producer, of resources.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
I think this because I spend a lot of time in NH, CT and Maine and I call it like I see it. Many of the nation's best colleges and universities aren't in the NE, I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I live in York, which is 45 minutes from Hershey and Lebanon down 322 and I-83
Gotcha, you get any nice Amish furniture out there? I've thought many times about driving up there just to buy a ton of hand crafted woodwork.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure- there are some great colleges in the northeast- MIT, all the Ivy League Schools............ Given the marked liberal bent of these schools, however, I strongly suggested to my daughter (who is currently at a midwestern school) not to attend an east coast school. She got into Princeton and George Washington (I know- not an Ivy League school, but great for international buisness) and turned them down. Too many libs. Besides, the cost of an Ivy League education simply does not translate into financial success and is not worth it.

However, the northeast does not seem to produce much in terms of manufacturing, food, and energy. It seems to be a region that is a net consumer, not producer, of resources.
Pennsylvania used to be the manufacturing mecha of the Northeast until the liberal hero Bill Clinton killed our jobs with NAFTA and the leftist unions played a part in it as well. Least we still have some manufacturing here. We're the only state not participating in the Northeast regional carbon tax crap either.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Gotcha, you get any nice Amish furniture out there? I've thought many times about driving up there just to buy a ton of hand crafted woodwork.
The best place to find that sorta stuff would be in Lancaster County. If you go from Harrisburg down 283 to US 30 past the Tanger Outlets towards Intercourse, you can find plenty of Amish stuff. There's also lots of family owned quaint shops along Paradise, Soudersburg and Gap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies