U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:42 AM

1,811 posts, read 974,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
All are out for themselves but the least against the middle class are the democrats.
Delusion 100% You bought their facade hook, line, sinker, bait, rod, reel and all. Need Pepto??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 11:50 AM

11,961 posts, read 12,810,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomThroughAnarchism View Post
Party A is destroying this country, all they do is pander to special interests. This is a moral outrage. It is just so gosh darn wrong for them to do that, it makes my blood boil. Class warfare has gone on long enough in this country and it is high time it comes to an end.

That is why I strongly support Party B. They will pass laws that will cater to my class and will finally pass laws to the detriment of the other classes, so that my class can begin to benefit from that which we have long been rightfully deprived. Finally, my class will begin to prevail once I elect Party B into office. We're going to make the other classes pay, and pay dearly.... as they so richly deserve.... make them suffer, and finally we'll get politicians in there that will do for us. Finally, there will be no more class warfare and special interest pandering in this great country that I am going to help to fix by getting politicians to side with my special interest group, instead of their special interest group! .
INDEED! It shouldn't be. I've had the privilege and pleasure of working for normal companies compliant with laws and fair to employees. We ALL <gasp> made an honest living. Strange there was no 'class warfare' going on there. That is until our government started exercising business paradigms at the behest of charlatans and altering foreign policy to suit agendas not in the interest of the greater good. Trickle down economics= pay the ferry man upfront and good luck getting your paycheck on Friday for services actually rendered, not the smoke and mirrors puffery of board rooms. The standard business contract warped to hell enforced via writ sponsored by charlatans for the sole objective of favoring charlatans. This ignores the fact that the rate of pay wasn't tampered from the onset through malevolent abuses in governance.

It's not limited to legislature. It's our justice system compromised...
Judicial Selection in the States - History of Reform Efforts
Minnesota, Ohio, North Carolina, NY, Cali, Texas. The rest have yet to speak up.

Quote:
In "Justice For Sale," FRONTLINE correspondent Bill Moyers examines the impact of campaign cash on the judicial election process and explores the growing concern among judges themselves that campaign donations may be corrupting America's courts.
frontline: justice for sale: synopsis

SO ask yourselves is PURCHASING a Judge or any elected official in keeping with the intentions of our founders? I'm certain it was not.
Does meritocracy have a fighting chance for reason/ better plans to prevail in an election cycle? No.
Can any elected official simply do the job they're sent to do when they're serving too many masters, many of them contrary to the constitutional oath? No, they cannot.
Who is driving this ship? Special interests= zero accountability. Then you've got a whole other breed of special interests with zero allegiance to America. Cutting all allegiances is a philosophy sold in factions of libertarian and anarchist camps installed in national policy. Sorry, go wander the desert by yourself. The rest of us have a duty to posterity we don't intend to shirk.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
They pander to the voters. Maybe the national animal should be changed to the pander. The Chinese would enjoy the irony.
2-3 generations conditioned by media. Once upon a time in America you could put the newspaper down with a grain of salt and go live your life. Master manipulators do their level best projecting a billboard on the Pope's behind and selling crack to kids on cereal boxes. It's the retooled 'American way'. Nothing is sacred. What's being called legit professions (advertising, campaign management, think tank salesmen) deserves zero credibility.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
if the banks weren't bailed out, that reset would've taken place in 2008. i love the way they twisted it though saying they were doing it for the little guy. hilarious!
That reset was impossible to accomplish when our very monetary system is held by the short hairs and you know it. They legislated huge swaths of the world population, including other unrelated industries/ municipal projects, as human shields.

So when finance reform gets put forth, why are republicans pointing a bony finger at the cops they told to sit down??? Why are they courting criminals defending them in congressional hearings? The very same reason Koch installed Bush.
Conservativism has been crucified for decades by 18 republican families in service to themselves. Liberals aren't doing this. The stab in the back is from within the GOP pointing a finger at liberals for their own malevolence. Ergo, the Tea party railing at democrat anything for stealing their cheese. Everyones cheese was stolen 40 odd yrs ago playing parlor tricks with credit & confounding forensic accountants with cooked books as standard operating procedure for shareholder reports. Leverage one lie off another lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
we don't need a new income tax bracket. what we need are laws which allow people to start and run a business without the heavy hand of govt doing everything in their power to shut them down!
YOU are the problem when you're defending this lame notion that the cloak of invisibility corporation ought not be held responsible for it's actions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLbWeT7VN4U

Old 03-20-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The top federal tax bracket in the US is 35%.
AND it doesn't apply to the top 1%! It's good to be KING.

37% increase in productivity for decades of trickle down retardation yields:
Top 1% 1.65
Top 20% 1.35
Middle 1.02 <--- covering the note for top and bottom in higher taxes and getting harassed on the job by 'relaxed business ethics' as a term and condition of employ!
Bottom 20% .95 cents.

SURE, we ought to tax the poor more for all they "stole"!!!

Old 03-20-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
It was not Gate's job to compensate anybody "fairly;"
That right there says it all. Crony market fan worshiping fortune 500 to distraction. America does not exist, nor does any American citizen exist, for the sole purpose of kissing Bill Gates ring. It's unfair of me to put it all on him. It's become standard practice in board rooms across the globe, but none more Banana Republic than America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Bill Gates is one of the wealthiest people on the planet because he has provided more value to the rest of society than anybody else.
He provided the least value by rushing to market, undermining consumer protections which guaranteed a profit for crap in a box. Ask the techies at Linux and Apple. He's trash, and quality is job LAST.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:47 PM

5,346 posts, read 3,361,127 times
The Rich got rich by draining the Middle class...

Old 03-20-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Working Americans ( I have to say working because it seems liberals always count the lazy non working also ) get their paychecks from businesses.
If the rate of pay you're paying has no semblance to the reality cost of living or their real contribution to product, you're the one demanding grace and favor from governance at the expense of capitalism. YOU are anti capitalism. Your attitude is a loving embrace of corrupt business practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Why? Why steal from smart successful people and hand it to loser stupid people?
Why defend white collar thieves and worship organized crime as a 'smart corporation'? Oh that's right. "This is the way we do it down south".

Nasty dixiecrats are living under a 'conservative' marquis. You have nothing to be proud of disgracing conservative name.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:09 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,233 posts, read 13,977,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
All are out for themselves but the least against the middle class are the democrats.
democrats havent been for the middleclass since the 60's or earlier

democrats/liberal policies are what is killing the middleclass

liberals want only 2 classes...the serfs who though welfare( and 'state' run enterpises) are the workers..and the rich elite liberals

Old 03-20-2011, 01:10 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,233 posts, read 13,977,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
The Rich got rich by draining the Middle class...
nope

the misddleclas was drained by the liberal welfare state policies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies