Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2011, 05:02 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Like corporations and the wealthy...whether YOU want to believe it or not THEY LEECH off society....they use more and contribute less.

But you keep up your anti-American rhetoric to strip rights from people you don't like....and someone will return the favor....sooner or later.

"suck the lifeblood out of taxpaying citizens" ?? Oh really...sounds like you're doing just fine and if you think taxes are too high talk to your other God, the military...talk about leeches!?!?

Or, if you really think your lifeblood is being sucked out (WHINE WHINEWAAAHHH) MOVE TO A DIFFERENT country....isn't that the rightie's advice to others???
Again with the wealthy and corporate welfare.

I agree that they should stand on their own. However, politicians have corrupted the system and have created this problem.

That is what the tea Party stands for. Limited government.

Get rid of the policies of the past that allowed for such things to happen.

Get rid of the politicians who play both sides of the fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 05:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Nah.

Being a stay at home mother is a noble act. As long as you can afford to do it without government subsidies.

The unemployed are also a different story. As long as they don't ride out the 99 weeks before seeking employment.
""""Being a stay at home mother is a noble act. As long as you can afford to do it without government subsidies.""""

So you don't believe parents should leech off the taxpayers by getting those tax breaks for having children?

I don't either, ...

Old 03-20-2011, 06:32 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,069 times
Quote:
Again with the wealthy and corporate welfare.

I agree that they should stand on their own. However, politicians have corrupted the system and have created this problem.

That is what the tea Party stands for. Limited government.

Get rid of the policies of the past that allowed for such things to happen.

Get rid of the politicians who play both sides of the fence.

Whoa. It is not the politicians that are doing the corrupting, it is the business interests that are putting up the money to corrupt those officials.

The sold out politicians who are accepting the money and doing the wrong thing are definitely exacerbating the problem and they should also be held accountable.

The Tea Party is nothing more than a front for fat cats like Koch. They are not a friend to the middle class hard working American.

It is the influence of large campaign finance donations that is destroying our country and corrupting our laws and politicians.

You can thank Thomas and Scalia for their Citizens United vote. Both are hand in hand with the Koch brothers.

The Tea Party is nothing more than a cruel joke, and a bad one at that.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:40 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
All Americans, except illegal aliens, have skin in the game. When politicians allow the economy to collapse, forcing millions into the recipient class, and do little to fix the problem, they deserve the wrath of the voters. Even Obama admitted his party got a shellacking. The Constitution is right on this issue.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:05 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,376,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Its not really PRIVATE money, they are exploiting OUR environment.
And...speaking specifically about Big Oil (but Big Pharma & a few others would fit into this category also), they are all about PRIVATIZING wealth for themselves when the profits roll in but make the PUBLIC pay for their risks when things go wrong (oil spills, drug recalls, etc.). There is no such thing as truly "private" money. Those profiteers use public resources (roads, postal system, subsidies, etc.) to get rich & need to contribute to the public's well-being as a way to "give back." If greed prevents them from doing the right thing, then a fair tax structure needs to force them to do so.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:08 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Don't feed the trolls.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:18 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
IMO, every citizen should have the right to vote with the acception of those in federal prison.

Each state should decide on their own prion population.

On millage elections, I do believe only land owner should vote.

This millage will be billed to them, they should decide.

And yes, I know if you rent this is figured into your rent.

But, to say just raise the rent is not the simple.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:26 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Requiring a person to be paying taxes to "be allowed to vote" is little more than a poll tax. Stripping the right to vote from citizens for the reason that they do not have sufficient "skin in the game" is unconstitutional. I'm really getting frustrated with posters here who claim to want to only follow the Constitution but yet constantly propose ideas that go directly counter to what it stands for or what it explicitly says.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:27 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,045,683 times
As another poster stated - everyone has skin in the game. If I agree not to take my government handouts - can I stop paying ALL forms of taxes??? Do I get a card that says no property taxes, no sales taxes, no gasoline taxes, no energy taxes, no FCC taxes, no road taxes ................... 'no taxation without representation' ................you guys seem to be clueless on the realities of taxation and are all fixated on the taxes on your paycheck.

And how are you going to fund your enforcement agency - - taxes I suppose. Poll taxes??? Will they follow each of us around and tic off each penny of taxes we pay? then deduct it from our "sucking off the teat" account and figure out at each election if we can vote or not?

Why not instead just make it illegal for corporations who get government handouts to lobby your representatives? Much more fiscally productive if that's truly your bottom line.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:28 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
I completely understand that it is a constitutional right for every American citizen to vote, with notable exceptions.

That being said, is it time for a constitutional amendment taking that right away from people who have no skin in the game?
I said it before..Service guarantees citizenship!!! You have too pay to play!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies