Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There are some parts of Sharia Law, that are identical to our laws. Not many, but there are a few.

Which parts of Sharia Law, do you agree with?

This is not about the parts you disagree with. We already know what those are. They have been discussed already. Let's take it another direction.
if someone steals cut off their hand

if they lie cut out their tongue.

just start chopping off parts!!!!!!!

I bet there'd be a different America if congress started losing body parts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM

5 posts, read 3,379 times
I agree that men should be superior to women

Old 03-21-2011, 01:08 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
if someone steals cut off their hand

if they lie cut out their tongue.
The first is part of Shari'a.

The second is not.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
The first is part of Shari'a.

The second is not.
All I know is that they're good at cutting stuff off.

They cut out your tongue for drinking alcohol.

It's true they cut off heads for lying not cut out tongues, however lying is allowed in Islam.

Takkiyah is what allows them to lie without any fear of retribution.

No way you can claim they don't cut out tongues in Sharia... Honor killings often include tongue excision.

Nice cult.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGlobalistLuciferian View Post
I agree that men should be superior to women

Imagine that, a religion with laws created by men, for men that denigrate women.

Sounds perfectly god-like and legal to me!

The women should just shut up and take it they were born to be second class to a man because "Allah" said so.

What crockery.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Imagine that, a religion with laws created by men, for men that denigrate women.

Sounds perfectly god-like and legal to me!

The women should just shut up and take it they were born to be second class to a man because "Allah" said so.

What crockery.
If they choose that in religion that is their choice. However, the move to normalize Sharia in the West is about inserting political Islam into Western courts. Sharia destroys equal protection under the law. How is that difficult to understand?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:57 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,811,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If they choose that in religion that is their choice. However, the move to normalize Sharia in the West is about inserting political Islam into Western courts. Sharia destroys equal protection under the law. How is that difficult to understand?
Every religion does, including Christian, Jew, Hindu, Sikh, and even Buddhists (Sri Lanka). The key to defending equal protection, hence, is not in targeting other religions, but respecting secular nation. We have laws against all vices that can be listed out of the Quran and the Bible, and at the same time we are also expected to be grown ups to respect their good side. After all, why would we want to out law an aspect of Sharia that demands that people pray for the sick and visit them?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
There are some "God-fearing social conservative" types on these boards who want American law to revert to what it was in the 19th century, and even to abolish the 14th Amendment. In the 19th century US women did not have equal protection under the law nor the vote. Women didn't have the vote until 1918 nationwide (although women in certain Western states could vote even in the late 19th century in state elections). Discrimination on the basis of sex was legal in the US until the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (ironically said language was inserted into the bill by Dixiecrats who thought the notion of prohibiting discrimination against women was so ludicrous that it would kill the bill - didn't work out that way) and the Equal Rights Amendment never was passed (despite being supported officially by every GOP presidential candidate from Willkie to Ford, and being supported by the candidates of both parties in 1972 and 1976).

The bottom line is that said equal protection is opposed by many of your fellow "social con" types more than liberals, and said SoCons would probably be more at home with Sharia than any liberals or moderates.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
There are some "God-fearing social conservative" types on these boards who want American law to revert to what it was in the 19th century, and even to abolish the 14th Amendment. In the 19th century US women did not have equal protection under the law nor the vote. Women didn't have the vote until 1918 nationwide (although women in certain Western states could vote even in the late 19th century in state elections). Discrimination on the basis of sex was legal in the US until the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (ironically said language was inserted into the bill by Dixiecrats who thought the notion of prohibiting discrimination against women was so ludicrous that it would kill the bill - didn't work out that way) and the Equal Rights Amendment never was passed (despite being supported officially by every GOP presidential candidate from Willkie to Ford, and being supported by the candidates of both parties in 1972 and 1976).

The bottom line is that said equal protection is opposed by many of your fellow "social con" types more than liberals, and said SoCons would probably be more at home with Sharia than any liberals or moderates.

Care to stick to the subject of Sharia rather than thread hijacking?

Old 03-21-2011, 02:04 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,700 times
Quote:
All I know is that they're good at cutting stuff off.
Perhaps you should realize than when you start a comment with "All I know is..." you have just admitted that you don't even pretend to know very much. Again... I am not defending Islam since I believe it to have been a disaster for humanity in general and Muslims in particular. But if you are going to oppose an idea, you should actually understand the idea you are opposing. Otherwise it looks pretty much like simple blinkered bigotry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem
They cut out your tongue for drinking alcohol.
No. They do not. In fact, there is no Islamic penalty of tongue excision for any offense whatsoever.

Quote:
It's true they cut off heads for lying not cut out tongues, however lying is allowed in Islam.
No. They do not cut off heads for lying either.

Quote:
Takkiyah is what allows them to lie without any fear of retribution.
Some cousin of that.

Taqiyya allows them to pretend to not be Muslim if they are being persecuted for their faith. It has no broader implication.

Quote:
No way you can claim they don't cut out tongues in Sharia... Honor killings often include tongue excision.
Honor killings are not Shari'a either. And I can honestly tell you... I have never ever heard of a tongue excision as part of an honor killing.

As far as I can tell you are pretty much making most this up as you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies