Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 01:18 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times

Advertisements

Conservatives on this forum seem to have fallen in line with the idea that we shouldn't be involved with Libya at all. Conservatives on Capitol Hill are calling for a more active role and claiming that we should have gone ahead unilaterally without Arab League and UN support. Can someone explain why there's such a disconnect? Is it just that the party line has simply not yet been estabilshed on this issue or is there genuine debate within the GOP?

Graham: Time to

Graham’s message to the president: “Get rid of this man. Don’t be uncertain in your statements. Be bold, be effective, work with the international community. Replace this international outlaw sooner rather than later.”

John McCain: “He (President Obama) waited too long, there is no doubt in my mind about it. But now, it is what it is,” McCain said in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union” taped Friday. “We need now to support him and the efforts that our military are going to make. And I regret that it didn’t – we didn’t act much more quickly, and we could have.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 01:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
2 people with opinions and you call that "the party line" ?

You're stretching to blame this on the Repubs.
Obama authorized this "military action" himself.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:20 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Bluefly seems to desperately need there to be some sort of support for the unprovoked bombing of Libyan forces.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Bluefly seems to desperately need there to be some sort of support for the unprovoked bombing of Libyan forces.
Nope. I'm just curious why there's such a disconnect in messaging.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Nope. I'm just curious why there's such a disconnect in messaging.
Same reason such a disconnect on the Dem side.
Typically Dems are against war or any "military actions".

Old 03-20-2011, 01:23 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Conservatives on this forum seem to have fallen in line with the idea that we shouldn't be involved with Libya at all. Conservatives on Capitol Hill are calling for a more active role and claiming that we should have gone ahead unilaterally without Arab League and UN support. Can someone explain why there's such a disconnect? Is it just that the party line has simply not yet been estabilshed on this issue or is there genuine debate within the GOP?

Graham: Time to

Graham’s message to the president: “Get rid of this man. Don’t be uncertain in your statements. Be bold, be effective, work with the international community. Replace this international outlaw sooner rather than later.â€

John McCain: “He (President Obama) waited too long, there is no doubt in my mind about it. But now, it is what it is,†McCain said in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union†taped Friday. “We need now to support him and the efforts that our military are going to make. And I regret that it didn’t – we didn’t act much more quickly, and we could have.â€

Lindsay Graham and John McCain are SOROS RINO's. That is as far from Conservative as Obama! Get a clue OP.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:24 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,152,376 times
As an American, I would hope there would be differing views within a party on something as consequential as bombing a foriegn nation killing innocent civilians. Nothing is worse than blindly following a party line.

Hopefully the Democratic party will be able to show that it too has differing views on wasting money and lives and they can stop Obama from continuing this nonsense of bombing Libya.

Last edited by NSHL10; 03-20-2011 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 03-20-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
2 people with opinions and you call that "the party line" ?

You're stretching to blame this on the Repubs.
Obama authorized this "military action" himself.
When did I ever blame it on Republicans? This is completely Obama's operation to sink or swim. I'm just wondering why some support it and others do not, while still others want more.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Lindsay Graham and John McCain are SOROS RINO's. That is as far from Conservative as Obama! Get a clue OP.

Expect Graham to be looking for a new job come the next election.
He is not liked here since his selling out.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
When did I ever blame it on Republicans? This is completely Obama's operation to sink or swim. I'm just wondering why some support it and others do not, while still others want more.
The Arab League has condemned the bombings....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies