U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:42 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,069,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Try being her age and living in a country that treated your race as second or even third best. The First Lady was born in '64, meaning she clearly remembers a nation that used to call her "colored".

You know nothing of what you're talking about.

Yea, you are correct. I was born around the same period and saw my Dad and oldest brother get screwed over by the affirmative action racism crap.

And then like today, minorities get one set of rules and grading scales and non minorities get a much higher scale.

Funny you have not figured out that if whites were as racist as you believe then Barry would not ZERO chance of getting elected. If it were not for the massive amounts of white voters voting for him he had no chance.

So, no racist issues with poor Barry. End of story.

Race card is old and worn out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 01:45 PM

6,462 posts, read 6,492,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
State monitor orders Asbury’s Barack Obama School closed
The century-old Bangs Avenue School … renamed for President Barack Obama just a year ago … will be closed as a neighborhood school this summer, largely because of a steep slide in the district’s total enrollment the past decade.
If you read down further…
The need to reorganize stems from the low academic achievement and declining enrollment in the district’s schools, she said.

The projected savings, he said, was $375,000 the first year from staff reductions, then $759,000 by the second year when the city’s alternative school could be housed at Obama.
By the third year, the savings could be $975,000 when the administrative offices can be moved there and out of the former Asbury Park Press building downtown, where the district pays $15,000 a month to rent space.
So the school is in existence for 100 years – changes its name to Obama Elementary – and it then closes for low enrollment, low performance, and low finances. What a metaphor.

You just can’t make this stuff up.
So the implication here is somehow renaming it after the president was the kiss of death so to speak??That is a stretch and a dumb one as well!

Old 03-21-2011, 01:47 PM

6,462 posts, read 6,492,165 times
Wow what a mature post!Did it take you all day to come up with such a pithy relpy

Old 03-21-2011, 01:51 PM

26,315 posts, read 14,198,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
So the implication here is somehow renaming it after the president was the kiss of death so to speak??That is a stretch and a dumb one as well!
It is a metaphor.

Compare what has happened to this school with reference to the direction of the country under Obama's leadership.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:10 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,047,277 times
Quote:
It was acceptable because WHITES said so. But the word is not the point. The point is that for most of the First Lady's life, things were not all peachy-keen for black folks. So it's hard to take pride in a country that has given you such a hard time in the past. Non-blacks can shrug off our hardships all they want, but it doesn't make them any less true.
The Civil Rights Act was passed the same year she was born. She and her brother went to Princeton. It's a shame she couldn't take pride in her country.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:12 PM

5,098 posts, read 7,368,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Yea, you are correct. I was born around the same period and saw my Dad and oldest brother get screwed over by the affirmative action racism crap.

And then like today, minorities get one set of rules and grading scales and non minorities get a much higher scale.

Funny you have not figured out that if whites were as racist as you believe then Barry would not ZERO chance of getting elected. If it were not for the massive amounts of white voters voting for him he had no chance.

So, no racist issues with poor Barry. End of story.

Race card is old and worn out.
Who said anything about racism today? I thought it was clear that we were speaking of issues in the past.

Your post is right off the assembly line, complete with two of the famous cries of white oppression: "hey, white folks had it just as bad, you know" and of course "I voted for Obama, so you can't call me a racist".

"Textbook" would not qualify as a title to your generic brand of BS.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:17 PM

5 posts, read 2,653 times
The kids are better off

Old 03-21-2011, 02:26 PM

5,098 posts, read 7,368,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
The Civil Rights Act was passed the same year she was born. She and her brother went to Princeton. It's a shame she couldn't take pride in her country.
Quite frankly, Mrs. Obama is better than I, as "pride" is a word that is still bittersweet when I talk about America. Then again, I have relatives and friends overseas, a mother, grandfather, and numerous other ancestors who have served...so yes I am proud. But our pride is one much different from yours, and one you'll possibly never understand.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:36 PM

5,939 posts, read 6,386,160 times

Old 03-21-2011, 05:03 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,069,200 times
Quote:
Who said anything about racism today? I thought it was clear that we were speaking of issues in the past.
We are talking about the past.

You really need to get over it and move on like my Dad and brother did. They did not expect a handout or a freebie just because they were victims of racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies