Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:04 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Give me one example as to the "GREAT DAMAGE" Nancy Pelosi has done to the United States of America.

One Example
Forcing the adoption of the health care bill against the wishes of the majority of the people and forcing the vote on it without allowing it to read.

Good enough for you?

BTW, I don't wish her ill, but enjoy the karma of the event.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:06 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
And that is EVIL to you Bucslose? Evil really? Now that may have been stupid to say but evil? Cmon!

By the way many of congress admitted to not reading bills until they were passed (the Patriot Act for example).

So you're saying that any Legislator who finds out whats in a bill AFTER passing it is EVIL?

Just checking....
The politican is probably not evil, just lazy and stupid, but the one directing to vote yes on an unknown bill is, imo.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Don't bother. You can't expect class from those who can barely spell it.
Don't worry, they're all self-professed christians.
They can hate all that they like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
How about when she tried to throw the CIA under the bus despite the fact that she knew about - and approved - the waterboarding before it happened?

How about her refusal for sanction Murtha when he was caught earmarking military contracts to his son's company (his son was not allowed to bid on government contrats due to a conviction for fraud against the government). BTW - it turned out that Murtha's son was onvercharging the government for counterfiet parts.

How about her treatment of General Praterous during his testimony to Congress in 2007?
I didn't think of this myself , TY mike
Yes, these are all reasons to wish her pain and death.
You go!

Last edited by chielgirl; 03-21-2011 at 11:25 AM..

Old 03-21-2011, 11:11 AM

450 posts, read 502,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Forcing the adoption of the health care bill against the wishes of the majority of the people and forcing the vote on it without allowing it to read.

Good enough for you?

BTW, I don't wish her ill, but enjoy the karma of the event.
Honestly no that is not good enough for me. What you described in no way "Damaged" America....

Many bills or laws have been passed against the wishes of the American People (you think most Americans wanted slavery ended at the time or women's rights?). My point is polls should not be a deciding factor as to if a law benefits Americans.

And again most laws are passed without the legislators actually reading them.

So on that standard you dislike most politicians as much as you dislike Pelosi, am I correct?

Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 AM

1,081 posts, read 915,786 times
If she croaks I hope they dump her in the ocean. The only sad part is we pay her medical bills.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:17 AM

450 posts, read 502,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
How about when she tried to throw the CIA under the bus despite the fact that she knew about - and approved - the waterboarding before it happened?

How about her refusal for sanction Murtha when he was caught earmarking military contracts to his son's company (his son was not allowed to bid on government contrats due to a conviction for fraud against the government). BTW - it turned out that Murtha's son was onvercharging the government for counterfiet parts.

How about her treatment of General Praterous during his testimony to Congress in 2007?
I didn't think of this myself , TY mike
Good points West but that is her being dishonest (in the case of the CIA-Waterboarding). In the Murtha incident she was protecting her ally who doesn't do that in Washington?

If Pelosi is evil and hurtful to the country by these examples, then again every politician is (because all of them are dishonest and protect their allies at some point).

My overall point is it is justifiable to dislike a politician (I don't like Pelosi myself) or not vote for them based on these points. But to say they are evil and don't deserve to live.

Cmon!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:19 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
If she croaks I hope they dump her in the ocean. The only sad part is we pay her medical bills.
Yikes - I've never liked her but I wish her well.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:22 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Don't worry, they're all self-professed christians.
They can hate all that they like.
Now not caring = hating? Really?

Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
pelosi is no better or worse than any other politician we have serving. she gets it from the right more so because she is a woman in power and they can't stand it, put a D after her name and thats all they need to spew hatred you can ask what has she done so wrong, you will hear sound bites taken out of context and other complaints are she has just done her job like all other politicians

Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Yikes - I've never liked her but I wish her well.
Why would you do that, when she has caused America and Americans (including you) such harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies