Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 02:10 PM

72,831 posts, read 62,191,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Then move to some Muslim country. Move to some African country, is there a better history there?
No one said racism didn't exist in the Middle East or Africa. However, we are talking about THIS country. No other country.
Quick reply to this message

57,022 posts, read 35,034,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
My ancestors were here first. You move.
Lol...for real. Cuz I'm not going anywhere.

Blacks folks have just as much right to stolen land as any white man. That's all there is to it.

25,771 posts, read 16,386,722 times
I wish I had a time machine because I would go back in time and shoot the idiot who thought it was a good idea to bring African Slaves to this country right in the head without hesitation.

If there is anything I could change, one thing...it would be that. No slavery.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:11 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,195,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes but you've made it clear your ancestors didn't want to come here so why don't you make your ancestors happy and move back?

You've also made it clear that you are not willing to accept it and not willing to move on from it, so why don't you make you and your ancestors happy and move back.
Only an idiot would believe that African slaves broke out in song and dance once they reached America, so not sure what your point is there.

And NO WHERE have I indicated that I'm not willing to move on from anything. Now, will I shut my mouth and not talk about it because it makes folks uncomfortable? Absolutely not.

My ancestors went through hell and high water to survive in this country and I'm not going anywhere. I'm enjoying living in the land that my ancestors built and will continue to do so for as long as I please. Too bad for those who don't like it.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:11 PM

72,831 posts, read 62,191,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Just look around CD....and the rest of the world....race race race.
But why should YOU think that way? Why should I think that way? I'm talking about YOU?

Old 05-29-2014, 02:12 PM

672 posts, read 806,869 times
Quote:
Not when it comes to slavery. The teachings of Christianity was a major tool in subduing and manipulating the African people into accepting their new life. But even in the bible, God delivered his people from Egypt because they had a harsh and terrible Pharaoh. So, while the Bible does not speak against slavery, it does suggest that God does not tolerate cruel slavemasters. And anyone who has taken even an elementary-level AA history course knows about the many atrocities that slaves endured during their time in bondage. It was a horrible and immoral practice and the FF knew that; it just was not to their benefit to do anything about it.
Quote:
I disagree. I find their declarations of freedom and equality for all to be in direct opposition to their practice of holding humans in bondage. Nothing will justify that...many of them were hypocrites. I say "Eff them!", too.
I have read your posts on this thread and understand your positions.

I don't want you to take my question the wrong way. I'm not being antagonistic to your positions but I would like you to consider some other aspects of that point in time.

If you were any one of the founding fathers of the time period what would you have done?

If you were white and believed slavery was wrong (as many did) what would you have done at this time?

With that you also believed that your servitude to the king and England must end. You believed strongly in forming a separate nation and the principles of the Declaration of Independence. You believed it should apply to all men.

What would you have done to unite the colonists? As many that believed slavery should end for all, there was many that would not end it. Could you get all the States to unite against the king if slavery was abolished at this time?

Afterwards, could you get all states to unite under a new constitution and create the government?

What would have happened if you couldn't?

Would Independence been won in the first place without the slave states? Would the government been formed at all after Independence?

How many nations would of sprung up after Independence if the issue of slavery was pushed right after the Revolutionary war?

How many would have survived each other and other countries in any wars to follow?

I don't know I could say it was all just hypocrisy and F' them.

I can't see the way around it with hindsight vision so I seriously doubt that they could.

What would have happened to the divided colonies? What would have happened to the slaves in the end?

And as you stated, In the end the slaves were delivered from bondage as they were in Egypt no-matter all the reasons behind that war.

The founders laid out a starting point like no others before them.

Who knows how many years are if ever the world would have outgrown Kings and Emperors.

This is the event that set off revolution around the world. Who would have inspired the French?

If it didn't happen because not everyone could get on board because of slavery in the south, would we all look like Saudi Arabia today?

No, I will not condemn them although it should have been abolished at the time "that all men are created equal" was written. Just like I will not condemn that it should have been written "All people created equal.

So what would you have done in any of their shoes? Would you have insisted slavery be abolished at that time? What would have happened with you at the helm? I would seriously like to know. What would you have done about the people who would not go along with it?

Old 05-29-2014, 02:13 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,600,112 times
Quote:
I notice you're posting just as frequently as I am.
But I'm not complaining about the wrongs done to woman. You... on the other hand go on and on and on and on even when it's admitted that it was wrong. I was not living in that time nor were you. Are you asking for reparations, first born, what? Reparations and help has already been given. But now working people are tired of being abused. What exactly did we get for our investment? More people on welfare, more babies, dead beat dads, attitude against people working hard and giving up money to pay for it, people dependent on government taking from the working to give to the lazy. People complaining things everyone else can do is too hard for them to do.

It's been a poor return, giving to people who pass their hatred and chip on generation to generation because their attitude is they are owed... and you want more?

It's not everyone, thank god but it's people like you helping to keep the bad attitude going.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:15 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,447,588 times
why are we still talking about slavery?

Old 05-29-2014, 02:16 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,034,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I wish I had a time machine because I would go back in time and shoot the idiot who thought it was a good idea to bring African Slaves to this country right in the head without hesitation.

If there is anything I could change, one thing...it would be that. No slavery.
Nice.

Me personally, I can understand their need for slave labor. Slavery doesn't bother me.

I'd rather shoot the people that came up with the idea of another 100 years of Jim Crow AFTER slavery. THAT is the root of the problem, not slavery.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:16 PM

25,771 posts, read 16,386,722 times
Question for African Americans. IF you had access to a time machine would you go back in time and stop the slave trade to America if you could? It would probably mean you would never have been born in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies