Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:07 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
So the people who want to watch OLD NEWS like the earthquake watch CNN, while FOX moves on to CURRENT NEWS events.
You betcha, I don't have time to listen to world news about earthquakes, Egypt, Tunisia or Libya. I want a news channel that will give me the MEAT of the matter. Someone like fox who will report on some significant event like a guy, that looks like he may not be from this country, not standing up while the national anthem is playing at a small community college in New Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 07:10 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Why are liberals the most ignorant people on the planet? Your article clearly states that CNN beat Fox on one day in one age group and you're all losing your silly little minds even though compared to a left wing network like MSNBC Fox always has 2 or 3 times their ratings.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Sure FOX has TWO news channels on my cable and then its nraml cable chaneel for programing.Its still number 1 in rating of cable news. Much different than GTAINS ON COVERAGE of those stories. That is because FOX hasn't covered it near as many hours because of the limit access to it by the military compared to last time.Notice that reporters have little acess to governamnt offical or to the bases the raid are taking place from. We don't even know the number of missions flown so far nor are there the military updates given showing the hits this time. OReiley is the number 1 show of its type still on cable.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:13 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
The only thing 'news' about Fox is their name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
There must have been a Jon Stewart/Bill Maher comedy telethon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
When people want to avoid the actual News so as to not suffer a mental meltdown, or when they just want to be entertained, they turn to the Fox News comedy channel.

When things turn serious and they need important information, they turn on a real news channel.
i can just see you guys high fiving each other talking about how clever you are.

we arent laughing with you.... we are laughing at you.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
For those who continue to equate Fox News' viewership numbers with evidence of quality, I guess this means that you now acknowledge that CNN is THE quality network for cable news.

"CNN has been the big ratings gainer among the cable news networks during the extensive coverage of events in Japan and Libya in the last two weeks . . . CNN has attracted huge audiences with continuing coverage of the international crises, beating even Fox News, the perennial leader among the news channels."
CNN tops ratings amid news bounty | | The Bulletin
I have never put much stock in ratings (hell, if popularity was a guide to quality McDonald's wouldn't have served billions of people) but it is funny to see the slaves of ratings ("Fox has the highest ratings so it must be the best!") folks get their come-uppance. That's just schadenfreude on my part but well deserved given their past hypocrisy.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:17 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
I have never put much stock in ratings (hell, if popularity was a guide to quality McDonald's wouldn't have served billions of people) but it is funny to see the slaves of ratings ("Fox has the highest ratings so it must be the best!") folks get their come-uppance. That's just schadenfreude on my part but well deserved given their past hypocrisy.
I hope the Fox News drones read and are able to comprehend your excellent post.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:18 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Fox does report from a right wing point of view.

MSNBC reports from a left wing point of view.

CNN now only reports. They supposedly do not have commentators. (I don't know because I don't watch)

So what?

Fox has been the ratings leader for what? 10 years?

It means that more people like news from a right wing perspective than the left.

The left is far more vitriolic than the right.

Maybe that's why people like the right better?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:19 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i can just see you guys high fiving each other talking about how clever you are.

we arent laughing with you.... we are laughing at you.
Hey Ferd........I'm a Fox fan.

I'm on your side!

Old 03-23-2011, 07:21 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Why are liberals the most ignorant people on the planet? Your article clearly states that CNN beat Fox on one day in one age group and you're all losing your silly little minds even though compared to a left wing network like MSNBC Fox always has 2 or 3 times their ratings.
MSNBC is just one of many channels that a viewer wanting to watch the news can turn to. As such, that viewing audience gets divided up amongst those broadcasters..

Fox is by itself in offering propaganda that appeals to those with the substandard ability to accept truth and reality. Their viewer numbers suggest that there are many.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
For those who continue to equate Fox News' viewership numbers with evidence of quality, I guess this means that you now acknowledge that CNN is THE quality network for cable news.
Huh?

Fox, as usual, kicks butt. They've only been doing it for....10 years or so. Do you realize how utterly unprecedented and amazing that is?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-22-2011/86822

I just clicked the ops link. ONE day they're talking about. Oh my, the desperate need of the Left to beat Fox is becoming really quite sad and pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies