Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:44 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
Instead of skimming, dig a little deeper into some of the statements. It's not a negative article if what the author is writing is true. The first few paragraphs should have been a clue.
I read the entire article and I still don't see anything but a writer who clearly doesn't like the gov.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 11:21 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times
The lefties and liberal press hates Christie because he's not afraid of them or anybody else, and is very willing to stomp a few toes in order to fix NJ's wretched balance sheet and overall economy, including their horrendous schools.

They undoubtedly know that he would make an extremely formidable candidate for President should he choose to run in 2016 or beyond.

Scott Walker is doing a phenomenal job of displaying to the entire country why Democrats are cowards; the dreadful balance sheets from Greece to NY, CA, IL, MI & elsewhere, as well as the Democratic response (leave the state) is a superb lesson for the entire American electorate on how not to run a country or state is a blistering indictment of their entire mindset and methodology.

That front page article in yesterday's USA TODAY detailing the 25% decline in the population of that Democrat-created-and-100% certifiable hellhole known as Detroit since the last census in 2000 is another withering indictment of their party and policies.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:35 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Now there is an issue I can agree with you on. We have the same major problem here in California. We have entire school districts, with just ONE school in it.
I'll do you one better; there are school districts in NJ with ZERO schools/children in them...

This to me, is Christie in a nutshell, and perfectly presents why he is such a great Governor:

The Truth Booed Lustily : RichardCYoung.com

"As Mr. Chrisie recounted it: “You can imagine how that was received by 7,500 firefighters. As I walked into the room and was introduced. I was booed lustily. I made my way up to the stage, they booed some more. . . . So I said, ‘Come on, you can do better than that,’ and they did!” He crumpled up his prepared remarks and threw them on the floor. He told them, “Here’s the deal: I understand you’re angry, and I understand you’re frustrated, and I understand you feel deceived and betrayed.” And, he said, they were right: “For 20 years, governors have come into this room and lied to you, promised you benefits that they had no way of paying for, making promises they knew they couldn’t keep, and just hoping that they wouldn’t be the man or women left holding the bag. I understand why you feel angry and betrayed and deceived by those people. Here’s what I don’t understand. Why are you booing the first guy who came in here and told you the truth?”"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies