Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2011, 06:40 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,539,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
There are very few majority Black neighborhoods in America where it is perfectly safe for White people to venture into. Most are definitely no go areas for White folks, places you should avoid like the plague if you have a Caucasian appearance.

Can you imagine an old White man like George Burns for example walking through the Magnolia Projects in New Orleans, the chances of physical harm coming his way would have been very high.

I could say the exact same thing about white areas that I would avoid like the plague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 06:49 AM

7,971 posts, read 7,310,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So every person that lives in the ghetto or visits someone that lives in the ghetto is dealing or buying drugs?
Like everyone who goes hunting is a "redneck"?

YOU don't "generalize" much, do you?

Old 03-25-2011, 07:16 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,119,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
This thread is about Black men and your first thoughts are white women getting raped, murder, welfare, gutter, projects, nightmare, and warzone.

LIke I said, any Black member on here,( more than likely conservative) that reps you for your post is definitely an Uncle Tom, more so than Clarence Thomas . Heck any Black member that defends you is a big time Uncle Tom. I still don't understand how Blacks can belong to a party/movement that has members with views such as yours. I doubt any of them will counter your post, but instead attack the liberal posters on here. Boggles my mind.
calling someone an Uncle Tom is disrespectful and as bad as calling someone the n word. In your world, if a black man sees and lives life outside the realm and ideology of BET/hip hop then you basically see them as a traitor and hater of their own race? If those people are "uncle toms", then I think we need more of them. It's time to think outside your world of black vs white. If people like you didn't insist on everything being about race and worrying about "keeping it real", the world would be a better place.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:37 AM

12,890 posts, read 13,564,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
If you're not dealing or buying drugs, why are you hanging out in the ghettos?
visiting friends and loved ones.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
What should I be more afraid of: violent black criminals in the ghetto at 2am, or getting pulled over by a cop in a white neighborhood at 2am?
All black men in the street at night are not violent or criminals. I had a young black man stop me for directions at 2:00 am one night, he seemed more afraid of me that I expected him to be. I have only rarely been stopped by a "nice" white cop. I probably have three speeding tickets in my entire life, but I have been pulled over dozens of times and have had to sit in the back of a squad car three or four times while they "check me out" I know of few places that even today a black man would not survive if he showed up there "un-chaperoned" There is a particular case that remains open today where a black man showed up at a party in the wrong county and was found dead later that night. Of course no one at the party knows what happened to him. I'm guessing he tried to hit on a white girl. This case is from the last ten years or less and it is in the Midwest. I have a suspicion that many whites who know all about the black parts of town know nothing about their own white ghettos.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:12 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,986,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Juan Williams isn't the only one who feels that way, so does civil rights icon Jesse Jackson...Even Rev. Jesse Jackson once said, "I hate to admit it, but I have reached a stage in my life that if I am walking down a dark street late at night and I see that the person behind me is white, I subconsciously feel relieved."

A Christmas story -- In the mall parking lot - Page 1 - Larry Elder - Townhall Conservative
For what it's worth, Jessie Jackson has not walked the
streets alone at night in a Very Long Time. He uses a limousine driver, and stays in a pent house when visiting
Las Vegas to speak The guy is so removed from the
"regular black Joe" I'm surprised anyone even listens to
him anymore. That rainbow coalition gig he's got going - brings him mega bucks.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:38 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,173,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
All black men in the street at night are not violent or criminals. I had a young black man stop me for directions at 2:00 am one night, he seemed more afraid of me that I expected him to be. I have only rarely been stopped by a "nice" white cop. I probably have three speeding tickets in my entire life, but I have been pulled over dozens of times and have had to sit in the back of a squad car three or four times while they "check me out" I know of few places that even today a black man would not survive if he showed up there "un-chaperoned" There is a particular case that remains open today where a black man showed up at a party in the wrong county and was found dead later that night. Of course no one at the party knows what happened to him. I'm guessing he tried to hit on a white girl. This case is from the last ten years or less and it is in the Midwest. I have a suspicion that many whites who know all about the black parts of town know nothing about their own white ghettos.
Are you referring to Lynn county Ks?

Old 03-25-2011, 08:52 AM

14,461 posts, read 11,213,645 times
Stupid liberal woman. Hey Ms. Helmand (knocking on think skull), Juan Williams is black!
This woman reminds me Kirsten Brydum. The idealistic young white woman who thought that she would be perfectly fine riding her bike through the 9th ward of New Orleans at 1 AM. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,097,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Like everyone who goes hunting is a "redneck"?

YOU don't "generalize" much, do you?
I know a hunter, and he's a redneck.
Therefore all hunters are rednecks.

This logic provided free of charge by City-Data conservatives.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Are you referring to Lynn county Ks?
Not sure if my facts are right but I believe that was it . It made all the papers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies