Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Marco Rubio based on race?
Yes, viva la raza. 5 9.43%
No, he has to prove himself. 48 90.57%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 12:11 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,865,661 times

Advertisements

What race would this Hispanic candidate be, would he be white, black, mestizo, mulatto, black, amerindian or asian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 12:13 AM

7,161 posts, read 4,720,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Rubio will never win the White Southern Conservative vote, so it will not matter. All his opponents in the primary have to do is accuse him of being an illegal or part of "La Raza" and he will lose the GOP primary.
Well, he does look white. And he is not part of "La Raza". If he comes out and says he's not part of La Raza and adds some other "gems" that can be found on any Cuban blog (you'd have to read it in Spanish. It's awful), that segment of the "Hispanic vote" will not vote for him.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:13 AM

9,128 posts, read 5,762,595 times
Quote:
Rubio will never win the White Southern Conservative vote, so it will not matter. All his opponents in the primary have to do is accuse him of being an illegal or part of "La Raza" and he will lose the GOP primary.

Wrong again, as usual.
Conservatives vote for conservatives.
You wouldn't believe the guy at the La Raza
rally who says he is La Raza, but people
are gonna believe that a Cuban is part of a
Pro-Mexican Marxist revolutionary movement?
You're a funny guy.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:16 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,255,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Well, he does look white. And he is not part of "La Raza". If he comes out and says he's not part of La Raza and adds some other "gems" that can be found on any Cuban blog (you'd have to read it in Spanish. It's awful), that segment of the "Hispanic vote" will not vote for him.
Italian immigrants, German immigrants, and Irish immigrants were all White, it didn't stop xenophobes from launching hateful campaigns against them. Try convincing racists that Obama is half White and Christian.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:16 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,793,694 times
Quote:
Of course he was quite vocal against illegal immigration. That's a no brainer. He's Cuban and his people (aka constituents) do not wait in line like everybody else. Cubans immigrating to the US do not wait for jack. Europeans, Canadians, Asians, other Hispanics have to wait, but not Cubans
Actually I blelieve that Rubio's parents came here legally and waited through the naturalization process just like everyone else. It would have been all over the papers last November had it been otherwise with his stance on illegal immigration. He is for reform, just not blanket amnesty.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:17 AM

7,161 posts, read 4,720,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
What race would this Hispanic candidate be, would he be white, black, mestizo, mulatto, black, amerindian or asian?
You'd better not tell that Cuban that he ain't white.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:20 AM

127 posts, read 226,447 times
Quote:
How many teabaggers voted for Ron Paul in the general election? Do tell.

What sexually derogatory terms are you talkin about?
If you google the term "teabagger" you will find that it is slang for an oral sexual act. The liberals have happily applied the term to the conservative tea party political group.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:21 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,793,694 times
Quote:
You'd better not tell that Cuban that he ain't white.
I think Rubio calls himself an American even though his ancestry is Cuban. Too bad every citizen doesn't follow that example.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:24 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,255,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfparham View Post
If you google the term "teabagger" you will find that it is slang for an oral sexual act. The liberals have happily applied the term to the conservative tea party political group.
I googled and came up with these pics

Old 03-26-2011, 12:25 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,816,250 times
I would never vote for a Hispanic, based on race alone. He/she has to prove to me they are worth voting for, and I wouldn't vote for them automatically if they were Republican. If it came down to Caucasian Republican v. Hispanic Democrat, I'd go with the Republican

Quote:
I agree that Obama is inept. A fraud, perhaps. But I don't believe that's the reason why you oppose him.
You are such a typical liberal. "You oppose Obama because you don't like black people". Watched too much MSNBC have we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies