Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Good Decision or Bad???
Good decision by the judge 56 93.33%
Bad decision by the judge 3 5.00%
Undecided 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:17 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
but I don't think it's the judges call to dictate how the man decorates his house.
Its not your call, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 08:19 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Bold: You do NOT know this. Only people intimately involved in the situation could have any objective opinion on this. All you can do is imagine. I imagine the opposite to be true.

Italic: You are not familiar with family law at all then, are you? Being "the mother" has little bearing on anything in family law, if you are not able to be a proper parent, whether or not the child came out of you means nothing.
If she didn't get her parental rights taken away then she has every right to see them. Yes, I do know more than I ever wanted to know about family law but that is in FL and different states have different laws.

I have also had a friend and her mother left her and her 6 brothers and sisters and they had a very hard time when they were teens even tho she had left years before.

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
wayland, the judge wanted the dad to have a few pictures of mom around his home
That's obviously not really about decorating the house though. It's not like the judge is saying "go for the red curtains". It's about the meaning behind it--seeing photos of their mom around helps establish her presence in their life and reminds them they have a mother.

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Look up.
No need to make the slappy face ; you edited while I was posting.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:21 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I think I read the judge wanted the dad to have a few pictures of mom around his home
Thanks. I didn't have a clue want Sarene was talking about. He's got three kids. I don't see that as unreasonable to have a few pictures in the kid's bedrooms of their mom. He could have asked for more....like moving closer to where the mother lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That's obviously not really about decorating the house though. It's not like the judge is saying "go for the red curtains". It's about the meaning behind it--seeing photos of their mom around helps establish her presence in their life and reminds them they have a mother.
I agree. That's not decorating and it will help the children far more than it will hurt his precious decorating scheme.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Its not your call, either.
Well, seeing how it's my opinion, it's just as good as any other opinion on this thread.

See how that works?

Old 03-26-2011, 08:30 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Thanks. I didn't have a clue want Sarene was talking about. He's got three kids. I don't see that as unreasonable to have a few pictures in the kid's bedrooms of their mom. He could have asked for more....like moving closer to where the mother lives.

I agree. That's not decorating and it will help the children far more than it will hurt his precious decorating scheme.
it took me a minute to figure out what sanrene was saying. I doubt that dad would ever have pictures of his kid in the house unless he wasn't ordered to by a court.

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Yes, the children should have pictures of their mother, but I think the judge goes too far demanding the father put up any more pictures "around the house".

What will the court do? Come into his home and make sure all is as the judge would like it?

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If she didn't get her parental rights taken away then she has every right to see them. Yes, I do know more than I ever wanted to know about family law but that is in FL and different states have different laws.

I have also had a friend and her mother left her and her 6 brothers and sisters and they had a very hard time when they were teens even tho she had left years before.
Different states do have some differing laws...however, there is not one state that specifies that a parent's disability is grounds for termination of parental rights.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Yes, the children should have pictures of their mother, but I think the judge goes too far demanding the father put up any more pictures "around the house".

What will the court do? Come into his home and make sure all is as the judge would like it?
I doubt they'll enforce the photos. It's probably more about a suggestion and the idea behind it. The judge is probably just trying convey the concept of "their mother needs to have a place in their life."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies