Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:46 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,751,046 times

Advertisements

US Corporations have been the cause of many murders, political unrest, and many other unsavory actions in foreign governments for a long, long time. Look at the history of Hawaii and how Dole overthrew the government there to get favorable manufacturing conditions.

US Corporations do create jobs but they also cause an extreme amount of suffering for millions of people around the world. Anybody who doesn't realize this is not looking at the "big picture".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 12:52 PM

52,543 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Coca-Cola and many soft drinks are banned in many nations.
India, being one of them.

Coca-Cola in India | World's largest soft drink selling company

oops. i see someone's already been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Actually, I was in India recently and they do have coke though it came in the last 30 years and India was one of the last countries of size to get it.

Coca-Cola in India | World's largest soft drink selling company

Old 03-31-2011, 03:44 PM

14,944 posts, read 8,555,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually I did know that.. but like the video, you went on and on about things that have nothing to do with the topic. Coca Cola under Nazis.. yep.. but whats that got to do with supporting terrorism?
I think the Nazis qualify as terrorists ... Hitler terrorized the entirety of Europe ... but since you don't agree ... tell us all how the Nazis didn't terrorize the Jews ... the Poles .. the Czechs ... the French ... the British ... tell us how the V-1 and the Luftwaffe's bombing of cities all across Europe didn't terrorize the peoples of Europe? Or how the Gestapo didn't terrorize the German people?

I suppose you're one of those "only A-Rabs can be terrorists" types ... that's the only explanation for why you can't see the actions of Hitler's Nazi Germany as a reign of terror upon the world.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The governments idea of laws, rules, regulations and taxes, to steer us in the direction they wish, instead of a free liberty to choose the direction, we as individuals wish to take.

They herd us like cattle with laws, rules, regulations and taxes
Yeah but what gripes me, is that the laws, rules, regulations and taxes, to steer us all in the right direction, are so quickly broken, by those making the rules.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I think the Nazis qualify as terrorists ... Hitler terrorized the entirety of Europe ... but since you don't agree ... tell us all how the Nazis didn't terrorize the Jews ... the Poles .. the Czechs ... the French ... the British ... tell us how the V-1 and the Luftwaffe's bombing of cities all across Europe didn't terrorize the peoples of Europe? Or how the Gestapo didn't terrorize the German people?

I suppose you're one of those "only A-Rabs can be terrorists" types ... that's the only explanation for why you can't see the actions of Hitler's Nazi Germany as a reign of terror upon the world.
Strawman argument.. We arent fighting Nazis.. And Nazis had nothing to do with destroying our economy in 2008 which is what the OP is discussing..

Thanks for going into lala land though with your response..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies