Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
TRIPOLI, Libya (AP/THE BLAZE) — A distraught Libyan woman stormed into a Tripoli hotel Saturday to tell foreign reporters that government troops raped her, setting off a brawl when hotel staff and government minders tried to detained her.
As journalists tried to speak to her, things got out of control and the police minders waded in, trying to physically shut her up and stop her talking.
Hers is not the voice they want heard in this country. In the commotion a gun was pointed towards the Sky News team in an attempt to stop them filming.
A team from another news organisation had their camera smashed in front of them.
After about 15 minutes the woman was dragged outside the hotel and put into a waiting car.
Libyan Woman’s Shock Rape Account to Reporters Cut Short in Melee | The Blaze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 08:13 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,025 times
These countries are all the same when it comes to this.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 PM

570 posts, read 882,400 times
terrible things go on in the world, and it's sickening to even think about

but I'm always skeptical of any MSM news. There have been many accounts of where "stories" were made up in order to rally support for war.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:53 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
There have been many accounts of where "stories" were made up in order to rally support for war.
Please show some MODERN examples.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post

but I'm always skeptical of any MSM news. There have been many accounts of where "stories" were made up in order to rally support for war.
i think that before the revolution the woman wouldn't have reported it like this. It was the way in that part of the world and it won't be changing soon.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:29 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,956,563 times
More video:
Libyan woman bursts into hotel to tell her story of rape - CNN.com

Quote:
Made up or not she's in a lot of trouble. I hope the publicity can save her and she is seen gain.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Ahhh, the Blaze.

OP, please follow the TOS and make your topic description clear:
Thread titles should be descriptive. Vague titles may be changed to match the content of the thread.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:44 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,014 times
I saw this on TV and it was sickening. I thought, and I may be wrong, that her husband is the one that has been abusing and raping her and she was trying to get away.
It was disgusting to see him beating her and the other women trying to cover her back up.

And people of that faith wonder why so many have no respect for it.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:21 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
These countries are all the same when it comes to this.
The United States is no better. Rape is a tool of war. It has been forever.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:29 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,220 times
Now come on lets all just get behind the Gov't/UN/NWO in their new war and do NOT think for yourself, do NOT remember documented facts about how the U.S. rapes, tortures, murders innocents in Iraq/Afganistan besides them sheep herders, old men, women and children should know better than to live in a war zone. Lets all just unite and obey and be patriotic and cheer on the globalist machine.........otherwise the DHS/Ameristapo will have to be informed and you will need to be sent to a FEMA re-education center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies