Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 05:37 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
There you go, trying to confuse them with the facts.
Two peas in a pod. Niether one of you bothered to click the link. If you had, you would have seen that this is a two pargraph blog-esque opinion piece, not a statement of fact.

Nevermind the fact that cutting funding for programs does not necessarily mean "hurting" pregnant women and children. It means that more will have to make due with less. It's called the American spirit. You have babies when you can afford them. And you do what you have to do to provide for them when times get tight. Learn the difference please and teach it to your children so we don't have to support any more of the Personally Irresponsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,039,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Two peas in a pod. Niether one of you bothered to click the link. If you had, you would have seen that this is a two pargraph blog-esque opinion piece, not a statement of fact.

Nevermind the fact that cutting funding for programs does not necessarily mean "hurting" pregnant women and children. It means that more will have to make due with less. It's called the American spirit. You have babies when you can afford them. And you do what you have to do to provide for them when times get tight. Learn the difference please and teach it to your children so we don't have to support any more of the Personally Irresponsible.
I did read the whole link....are you saying that Republicans are not proposing cuts to those programs and others?

When a woman gets an abortion because she cannot afford a child.....is that not the same as "You have babies WHEN you can afford them."?

If you cannot afford a child and you choose abortion........I call that being fiscally responsible......I thought Republicans wanted people to be fiscally responsible.

Planned Parenthood helps people obtain birth control so they can try to prevent unwanted pregnancies, prevent having children they cannot afford to care for........but Republican's don't like that either.

Republicans seem to be a bit befuddled and confused about what they want and the facts of life.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:26 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,559,063 times
Quote:
Nevermind the fact that cutting funding for programs does not necessarily mean "hurting" pregnant women and children. It means that more will have to make due with less. It's called the American spirit.
Sorry kids, no food or education today, it's American Spirit week! Hurrah!

Seriously......

Old 03-28-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I did read the whole link....are you saying that Republicans are not proposing cuts to those programs and others?

Quote:
When a woman gets an abortion because she cannot afford a child.....is that not the same as "You have babies WHEN you can afford them."?
Quote:
If you cannot afford a child and you choose abortion........I call that being fiscally responsible......I thought Republicans wanted people to be fiscally responsible.
Quote:
Planned Parenthood helps people obtain birth control so they can try to prevent unwanted pregnancies, prevent having children they cannot afford to care for........but Republican's don't like that either.
Quote:
Republicans seem to be a bit befuddled and confused about what they want and the facts of life.
No, it means if you can't afford a child then you either don't have sex or you take birth control and simultaneously make your man wear a condom. It's pretty simple really, but yet I see zero personal responsiblity in your philosophy. Why is that?

Funny how these simple words of mine apply to all of your rationale. Why are simple things so for hard for the Lefist Mind?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Sorry kids, no food or education today, it's American Spirit week! Hurrah!

Seriously......
First of all, your post is nothing but hyperbole.

Second of all, name a child that's going without an education in this country. You'll not find one. And if you do, it's not the GOPs fault. Get over yourself.

Third, i'm not surprised at all that you have no clue about the American Spirit. If you did, you'd be on the side of those that advocate personal responsibility instead of those that insist on a government teat. Yes, you are the very epitome of the Nanny State that this nation has become. Are you happy with that?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:48 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,559,063 times
Quote:
Third, i'm not surprised at all that you have no clue about the American Spirit. If you did, you'd be on the side of those that advocate personal responsibility instead of those that insist on a government teat. Yes, you are the very epitome of the Nanny State that this nation has become. Are you happy with that?
A woman choosing abortion to deal with an unwanted pregnancy is taking responsibility for her actions. The anti-choice movement want to force her to bring a child into the world, and then take away any safety net to help her take care of the child. Which is it going to be? You can't say she must take responsibility for her actions, but only in the way you choose.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:51 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,039,578 times
Quote:
No, it means if you can't afford a child then you either don't have sex or you take birth control and simultaneously make your man wear a condom. It's pretty simple really, but yet I see zero personal responsiblity in your philosophy. Why is that?

Funny how these simple words of mine apply to all of your rationale. Why are simple things so for hard for the Lefist Mind?
Birth control can fail, even sterilization can fail.

Expecting people to abstain from sex, now THAT is irrational.

Having an abortion when you cannot afford to care for a child is the responsible thing to do. This is taking 100% personal responsibility.

Having a child you know you cannot care for and then going on public assistance is not the responsible thing to do. This is taking 0% responsibility.

You advocate for birth control, yet Republicans do not want to fund Planned Parenthood, which provides birth control.........can you get anymore irrational than that?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
The Liberal Moral Compass: If it's legal, it's moral. If the court says I can do it, then there's nothing wrong with it.

Using the OP's logic, if pro-life makes me "anti-abortion," then one can only reason that pro-choice is actually "pro-abortion."

Filthy, shameful Liberals.
What's a shameful exhibit of our educational system is the inability to understand the vast difference between pro-CHOICE and pro-ABORTION.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Birth control can fail, even sterilization can fail.

Expecting people to abstain from sex, now THAT is irrational.

Having an abortion when you cannot afford to care for a child is the responsible thing to do. This is taking 100% personal responsibility.

Having a child you know you cannot care for and then going on public assistance is not the responsible thing to do. This is taking 0% responsibility.

You advocate for birth control, yet Republicans do not want to fund Planned Parenthood, which provides birth control.........can you get anymore irrational than that?
I am flabbergasted that you believe it's "irrational" to believe people can abstain from sex. That speaks volumes of your values system. Anyone can abstain from sex. You have stated here quite clearly that NOT having sex is NOT an option...but having an ABORTION because you couldn't control yourself is RESPONSIBLE.

Yes, this nation is ****ed. Royally. Thank you for clarifying your stance on Personal Responsibility. Sadly it's nothing new. Liberal ideology is an anathema to anything rational, and has been for generations. And this nation is suffering for it.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
I am flabbergasted that you believe it's "irrational" to believe people can abstain from sex. That speaks volumes of your values system. Anyone can abstain from sex. You have stated here quite clearly that NOT having sex is NOT an option...but having an ABORTION because you couldn't control yourself is RESPONSIBLE.

Yes, this nation is ****ed. Royally. Thank you for clarifying your stance on Personal Responsibility. Sadly it's nothing new. Liberal ideology is an antathema to anything rational, and has been for generations.
IF this nation IS royally ****ed it's by the hypocrites who chant less government less government less government and then waste no time attempting to have more government impose their views on everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies